Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

First cutscene on Youtube, for those who want it:

Apologies for the watermark, I don't have the knowledge to properly record without ! xP

• Thumbs Up 5

Tails' VA sounded really fucking scared. Gave me chills.

Off topic, but if Pac Man is 25, how does he have a ten year old son?

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I going to be the only one to mention the Green Hill missions, and how awesomely different they are compared to Act 1?

I mean, the vs. Knuckles missions takes place in the sun set... the swinging platform mission (which reminds me a lot of Mystic Cave for some reason) takes place at night... It's all just awesome to me, when they could've just redone act one a bunch'a times, they actually made things different and awesome.

Not to mention Balloon Park during the Amy mission. That blew my mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

chili1.png

Chili Dog. WITH A RIBBON!

chili2.png

"For me? You shouldn't have! OM NOM!"

chili3.png

"IT'S GOOD!"

chili4.png

*Insert high pitched sound effect here*

chili5.png

"Huh?"

omgchili.png

"OMGWTF!?"

nooomahchili.png

"IT WAS HERE A SECOND AGO!"

wheredhego.png

>.>

wheredhego2.png

<.<

Class. This little segment here has restored my faith in the writers.

Why did no one like this? dry.png That may have been the best thing in a sonic game (story wise) since well......ever?

Thought you might say something like that. I agree too.

However, without it the level design would be too "cheap", considering the speeds that Sonic can reach. It can and will be considered a crutch to the gameplay, but its a necessary move. There is a reason it was invented.

I'm not arguing against the existence of the homing attack (in fact, I've pretty consistently defended it as necessary for 3D Sonic...it, or something like it). But as it is it's a very shallow ability, and Crisis City is so packed with enemies that you cross almost as much ground homing attacking from one to another as you do on foot. It's oddly reminiscent of '06, but it doesn't make for good gameplay.

Tails' VA sounded really fucking scared. Gave me chills.

Off topic, but if Pac Man is 25, how does he have a ten year old son?

Easy no pac condoms or ms pacman wasn't on the pill. . .Anyway That perfect chaos boss fight was amazing and the only exciting thing about the opening cut-scene was classic Sonic's shrug and after the time eater showed up for modern.

*Images*

You forgot after you see the time eater Sonic's look of disapointment

disapoint.png

The whole Chilli Dog thing is the best thing about the scene

Edited by Rawrdom

You forgot after you see the time eater Sonic's look of disapointment

disapoint.png

Best thing about the scene

Even Sonic was depressed about the next MOTW. SEGA I think that means something. tongue.png

Apologies for the watermark, I don't have the knowledge to properly record without ! xP

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time Sonic uses his in-game moves in cutscenes since Sa1? We saw him boost in a snippet of CGI and he clearly tried to Homing Attack the Time Eater at 1:47 (and then promptly fails). Also, I love that they are not constantly trying to make puns, but the tone is still light-hearted (until the Time Eater shows up, rightfully so).

Perfect Chaos is is about 20x more interesting than the original fight...but that 4 hits deal just bugs me too much. I didn't mind it with the death egg robot but this is beyond the midway game. As good as the platforming is, 4 hits is just unacceptable.

I'm not arguing against the existence of the homing attack (in fact, I've pretty consistently defended it as necessary for 3D Sonic...it, or something like it). But as it is it's a very shallow ability, and Crisis City is so packed with enemies that you cross almost as much ground homing attacking from one to another as you do on foot. It's oddly reminiscent of '06, but it doesn't make for good gameplay.

I've had a look back at the footage. The homing chains across gaps are mainly where "homing attack to win" is prevalent. A few times in the beginning and at the very end is it seen. Most of the time its the jump-dash that seems to be the most useful in aiding platforming.

Also, the homing attack is used in platforming when the platform in question is hanging precariously over a lava pit, where players will cry foul because of....interia causing them to over/undershoot.

In those cases it is a developer crutch, but because of 3D's inherant loss of depth perception (especially when moving at Sonic speeds), people will get pissed off by it.

Edited by Scar

Why did no one like this? dry.png That may have been the best thing in a sonic game (story wise) since well......ever?

Considering I'm not a fan of any of the old Sonic cartoons and have always wanted any character traits of those incarnations to stay as far away from the games as possible I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time Sonic uses his in-game moves in cutscenes since Sa1? We saw him boost in a snippet of CGI and he clearly tried to Homing Attack the Time Eater at 1:47 (and then promptly fails). Also, I love that they are not constantly trying to make puns, but the tone is still light-hearted (until the Time Eater shows up, rightfully so).

i believe he did something in Unleashed. Not 100% sure though.

Damn, I gotta admit though. The voice acting performances are probably the best I've heard from a Sonic game. Especially Tails.

Tails was just perfect. As for sonic/roger....Maybe it's me still getting use to him but he seemed out of place.

The writing and characterization here are a HELL of a lot better compared to the protagonists in SCWii. By far the best characterization of Sonic since Black Knight (and Tails since Unleashed).

Now to wait to see it further in the game. :D

chili1.png

Chili Dog. WITH A RIBBON!

chili2.png

"For me? You shouldn't have! OM NOM!"

chili3.png

"IT'S GOOD!"

chili4.png

*Insert high pitched sound effect here*

chili5.png

"Huh?"

omgchili.png

"OMGWTF!?"

nooomahchili.png

"IT WAS HERE A SECOND AGO!"

wheredhego.png

>.>

wheredhego2.png

<.<

awnochili.png

"T_T"

This has me so hyped for the humor in this game, nice find.

The writing and characterization here are a HELL of a lot better compared to the protagonists in SCWii. By far the best characterization of Sonic since Black Knight (and Tails since Unleashed).

Now to wait to see it further in the game. biggrin.png

Despite being the from the same writers and being the same characters :P

Random but the guy playing has purple finger nails. =P

"Sonic, HELP US!!!"

BEST ACTING IN ANY SONIC GAME EVER! That scream for help was....good, great, awesome outstanding....fucking amazing!