Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

Perfect Chaos is is about 20x more interesting than the original fight...but that 4 hits deal just bugs me too much. I didn't mind it with the death egg robot but this is beyond the midway game. As good as the platforming is, 4 hits is just unacceptable.

Hard mode remember that

As if that makes the normal fight any better.

Despite the low hit count, it still is a well designed boss regardless.

The original fight for Perfect Chaos had 6 hits. 3 for Phase 1 and 3 for Phase 2. Maybe they just subtracted 2?

4 Hits are more than enough. Adding more htis doesn't increase the challenge, it just makes it longer. The fight is challenging enough and the difficulty arises from actually getting to Perfect Chaos and hitting it, not the number of times you hit it.

I'm all for challenging bosses, but increasing the hit-count doesn't increase difficulty at all.

EDIT: Stop arguing in circles. Hard Mode means jack-diddly-squat, because its optional.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

In terms of the cutscene... why is it that half of me loves it while the other half hates it? I don't know, this story is still up in the air for me. This cutscene had both its serious and light hearted moments. I still can't wait to see how this story unfolds.

But dat voice acting 0_0, especially Tail's call for sonic! I nominate Kate for voice actress of the year! :3 (though Amy sadly still sounds like Minnie the Mouse...)

Also, about the loading times, I'm still not counting them down just yet. How can the demo load that fast while this version can't. I think it as something to do with the game being installed, which is what I'll be doing once I get the game. This has been known to cut down on load times.

Overall, I still think this game might just be the best sonic game ever!

I don't feel there's really enough to go on to really have any thoughts on the story in my opinion really. All it was was reiterate what we already knew, with some lines here and there that didn't have any corny jokes. So that's a plus! I liked the inclusion of the chilli dog but damn, how I wish some of the other characters got to talk since we saw Sonic and Tails socialize so much already.

I like how you guys are praising the writing when it's pretty much the same tone as in Colours, which suddenly became hated over here.

... not that I'd worry personally; I found Sonic Colours' writing to be the best of the series and am glad they're keeping Sonic lighthearted and humorous.

ANYWAYS, DAT PERFECT CHAOS BATTLE <3 DAT MUSIC FOR EVERYTHING.

Lastly, HOMING ATTACK TO WIN?! God forbid you actually use a gameplay mechanic to win in a game.

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 3

I saw bits and pieces of Perfect Chaos. A bit disappointed when it switched from Open Your Heart to...that.

Already posted by someone else earlier. Now if I can only see dat perfect chaos.

He posted that too.

Anyone notice how we didn't even get an explanation for Blaze's appearance? Sonic doesn't even notice/interact with her.

No point in having characters talk if they don't need to. Tails and Sonic are best friends, almost brothers., they need to have a little dialogue.

What I thought was really well done was the other characters talking amongst themselves, you know.....like at a real party. Well done that scene, really well done.

Anyone notice how we didn't even get an explanation for Blaze's appearance? Sonic doesn't even notice/interact with her.

There really isn't a need for it though. Trying to explain 2 different canon's away is difficult and in this situation best left alone. She's in the game because she was in 06, simple as that.

Edited by Scar

EDIT: Stop arguing in circles. Hard Mode means jack-diddly-squat, because its optional.

Something doesn't mean anything because its optional?

Well, at least now I don't have to bother with 90% of the stage missions in this game then, because they don't matter. Might as well ignore red rings too. Oh, and that music switch option? Totally doesn't mean a single damn thing in reference to how good the game is.

NvGMs.png

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic didn't even talk to Amy XD I'm sure he'll speak to everyone when he rescues them from their plothole--er, time hole. I did notice that Blaze did something cute when Cheese flew in her face though :3

No point in having characters talk if they don't need to. Tails and Sonic are best friends, almost brothers., they need to have a little dialogue.

What I thought was really well done was the other characters talking amongst themselves, you know.....like at a real party. Well done that scene, really well done.

So you don't think its weird that Amy doesn't get a line of dialogue despite being in 10 feet of Sonic? I mean hell, just them individually wishing him happy birthday would've been fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

There really isn't a need for it though. Trying to explain 2 different canon's away is difficult and in this situation best left alone. She's in the game because she was in 06, simple as that.

There's one canon. She's in the game because she's Sonic's amigo from the Rush games.

Edited by Neon

Perhaps being on the other side of the planet is not far enough from Marine?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't feel there's really enough to go on to really have any thoughts on the story in my opinion really. All it was was reiterate what we already knew, with some lines here and there that didn't have any corny jokes. So that's a plus! I liked the inclusion of the chilli dog but damn, how I wish some of the other characters got to talk since we saw Sonic and Tails socialize so much already.

The intro to Colors didn't have any corny jokes either dude, not every scene is just going to be a gag fest.

Something doesn't mean anything because its optional?

Well, at least now I don't have to bother with 90% of the stage missions in this game then, because they don't mean anything. Might as well ignore red rings too. Oh, and that music switch option? Totally doesn't mean a single damn thing in reference to how good that game is.

NvGMs.png

You missed the point. In the context of the boss fight, it makes no difference.

Hard mode doesn't make the regular boss any better or worse.

Lets say it like this.

The fight is a burger and hard mode is an optional side of fries. The fries will not make the burger taste any better (or worse), they're there to enjoy, but it has little impact on the main event; the burger.

So you don't think its weird that Amy doesn't get a line of dialogue despite being in 10 feet of Sonic? I mean hell, just them individually wishing him happy birthday would've been fine.

That'd have dragged out the cutscene for longer than it needed to go on for. Remember, a big complaint about Modern Sonic was often the story, even back in the Adventure days. :X Then his "stupid friends" were a big complaint too, so they're just minimalizing it and just having Tails and Sonic speak regularly, haha.

The fight is a burger and hard mode is an optional side of fries. The fries will not make the burger taste any better (or worse), they're there to enjoy, but it has little impact on the main event; the burger.

You have obviously not had a french fry burger before. =3 Also if the fries are nasty and turn your stomach, that'd ruin the burger for you too.

Edited by Aptiva