Awoo.

Shadow's teleportation

Kuzu

Ok so ever since his game, Shadow has gained this teleporting move that allows to effectively become Wesker, now some might say that its Chaos Control, but every time I say it is, I get "No its not Chaos Control, Chaos Control needs emeralds" argument, so if its not Chaos Control, what the hell is it? Is it just some random move that Sonic Team thought of?

It's just a teleport for short range? Maybe he did some studying on the Chaos Control and figured out a method to simulate it for shorter distances. I mean, he's pretty much a living battery if you think about it.

I think its something that Shadow does because he was created using Chaos Energy. He has a small amount of internal Chaos Energy, which he can use to warp short distances. Proper Chaos Control would allow him to warp across much larger distances, or slow time down.

In terms of actual gameplay, that little warping manouvre is just his version of a homing attack. Instead of flying towards his enemies like Sonic's homing attack, he warps across to them instead to acheive the same result.

• Thumbs Up 2

What always bugged me was how it's been presented as both a teleport and as a time altering move... sometimes in the same game.

See that's the thing though, Chaos Control is always presented as the latter while he just seems to have that teleporting ability.

Is the teleport thing the same thing that the Biolizard used and when Shadow said "Is that what, Chaos Control is?", or are we talking about the random teleport in cutscenes during ShTH? I always thought they were similar so I always dubbed Shadow's teleporting as Chaos Control as well.

Teleport is time stop technically, You stop time, and walk to the place you want to teleport, then start time again :P

But chaos control all round is a little confused from game to game,

There is nothing confusing about an ability that allows you to bend time and space. Look at it this way it can be a teleport (folding space/ wormhole/ portal etc.) or slowing time down, so in other words it's a ability that allows it's user to play with the fabric of existence itself. Now as for that blue teleport,chaos snap, and Chaos punishment I think they are all just weaker forms of chaos control may not require a emerald to be used and it's probably something Shadow inherited from Black Doom as he could use similar powers (remember how he warped shadow to those ruins that needed to be activated or to space)

There is nothing confusing about an ability that allows you to bend time and space. Look at it this way it can be a teleport (folding space/ wormhole/ portal etc.) or slowing time down, so in other words it's a ability that allows it's user to play with the fabric of existence itself. Now as for that blue teleport,chaos snap, and Chaos punishment I think they are all just weaker forms of chaos control may not require a emerald to be used and it's probably something Shadow inherited from Black Doom as he could use similar powers (remember how he warped shadow to those ruins that needed to be activated or to space)

Isn't Chaos Control defined by using the chaos emeralds though? So that would mean that teleporting move isn't Chaos Control.

That teleport move, as I always interpreted it, is just a form of Chaos Control. Since he was created with Chaos Energy, I figure he can use Chaos Control without an Emerald but only for short warping, as warping longer distances and stopping time require more energy, which a Chaos Emerald provides.

Chaos Control is said to require an emerald because that's where the energy to do it comes from. But Shadow isn't quite an ordinary being, and it's reasonable to believe he can produce chaos energy within his own body. So it's simple; he's able to do small-scale Chaos Controls using his own energy, but requires an emerald for more powerful or frequent uses.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chaos Control has three ways to work.

- Stop time and space around the user

- Make the user travel faster than time

- Move the user to another location in space

Chaos Control is control over chaos energy. Chaos energy is pretty much the world's fuel. Someone with a lot of control over chaos energy can control time and space to a degree. Shadow is pretty much a living Chaos Emerald and can use Chaos Control at will, but he needs a Chaos Emerald to have GREAT control on it (and thus teleport anywhere basically).

Inb4 "Twilight Sparkle's unicorn magic." :P Anyways, as others have said, Shadow has the bility to tap into the "chaos force," something that normally requires an emerald. As such, he has limited powers without any emeralds (such as his limited teleportation aka Chaos Snap, Chaos Spear, and other powers.) However, in order to use these powers to their full potential, or do other things (such as going Super,) he has to have one or more of the chaos emeralds. Or it's just the magic of friendship not having friends. :P

Inb4 "Twilight Sparkle's unicorn magic." tongue.png Anyways, as others have said, Shadow has the bility to tap into the "chaos force," something that normally requires an emerald. As such, he has limited powers without any emeralds (such as his limited teleportation aka Chaos Snap, Chaos Spear, and other powers.) However, in order to use these powers to their full potential, or do other things (such as going Super,) he has to have one or more of the chaos emeralds. Or it's just the magic of friendship not having friends. tongue.png

Edited by Shadic93

I was gonna say something, but after Koopalmier post I would end up sounding dumb.

I do hafta agree with what's being said. Some of the moves Shadow does on the ShTH intro, do slightly resemble his Sonic Battle moves. Like when he dashes forward, he disappears briefly. As well as that move where he will disappear in mid air, then reappear on the ground inside an orb of pain and hurt. (The moves have names, I just don't remember them.)

Plus I guess he never really needed a Chaos Emerald to use the Chaos Spear. Hmm, interesting...

Although you could argue that he did Chaos Control on Smash Bros Brawl without an emerald. *shot*

...or the first level of Shadow The Hedgehog. *shot again*

I've wondered this too and it wasn't just in StH, he vanishes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBBFxSeSNIU. Now that could be Chaos Control (don't recall if he had an emerald with him or not that time in the game) but usually he shouts it out when he uses it like in his fight with Silver. Here it's just poof and he's gone.

I've wondered this too and it wasn't just in StH, he vanishes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBBFxSeSNIU. Now that could be Chaos Control (don't recall if he had an emerald with him or not that time in the game) but usually he shouts it out when he uses it like in his fight with Silver. Here it's just poof and he's gone.

It's Shadow's ultimate skill ! MISSION NOW !!

It's pretty obvious that Shadow's teleporting moves are a variation of Chaos Control, because to the naked eye a time stop and a genuine teleport are pretty much indistinguishable. Freeze time, walk to another spot, unfreeze time, bam, that's your teleport. If that begs the question of how he uses it to get to places he couldn't possibly have reached with his own physical ability, though, there's a rational explanation for that too - as long as time itself is frozen to Shadow, that would imply the world around him and its attributes are frozen too. So you could explain that away as gravity simply stopping during Chaos Control, which would allow the thrust from his jet shoes to propel him through open air even if they were only designed to keep him hovering slightly above the ground beforehand. Hence, the stage variant of ShTH's Chaos Control, and to a lesser extent his midair jump in Sonic Battle.

• Thumbs Up 1

See that's the thing though, Chaos Control is always presented as the latter while he just seems to have that teleporting ability.

Keep in mind the time Sonic used it to escape from that pod, and at the end they used it to move ARK back into orbit. A time freeze wouldn't be useful in the former, and would be of dubious usefulness in the latter. In fact, in the first one Sonic starts out outside and ends up inside.

Edited by Phos

Keep in mind the time Sonic used it to escape from that pod, and at the end they used it to move ARK back into orbit. A time freeze wouldn't be useful in the former, and would be of dubious usefulness in the latter. In fact, in the first one Sonic starts out outside and ends up inside.

I'm talking about the random teleporting that hes using in his intros of both ShTH and 06.

Edited by Scar

Perhaps SIlver's powers are so advanced, he can use psychokinesis to dematerialize his molecules at will without killing himself.