Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Pokémon fill in that alternate earth's mythological creatures and gods. In a world like that it's not hard to believe that all the gods people have ever worshipped were infact supremely powerful Pokémon.

If you ask me it's pretty cool. It's their way of showing that Pokémon is a really expansive universe. I just wish they'd flesh out the story more than they do.

On the other hand, they may be running out of ideas for legendaries, which for some is a good thing. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of legendaries they go for next. War gods? More alien like Pokémon? Microscoping Pokémon? Or contrarily giant Pokémon? Would be pretty epic really, I wonder if there could be a giant Pokémon in the planet's core.

Pokémon fill in that alternate earth's mythological creatures and gods. In a world like that it's not hard to believe that all the gods people have ever worshipped were infact supremely powerful Pokémon.

If you ask me it's pretty cool. It's their way of showing that Pokémon is a really expansive universe. I just wish they'd flesh out the story more than they do.

On the other hand, they may be running out of ideas for legendaries, which for some is a good thing. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of legendaries they go for next. War gods? More alien like Pokémon? Microscoping Pokémon? Or contrarily giant Pokémon? Would be pretty epic really, I wonder if there could be a giant Pokémon in the planet's core.

Dude, we already have Dark Gaia :D.

He was mostly Vapour anyway ;) And he still wasn't big enough.

Also he looked like crap and had a shallow backstory. Pokémon could do it much better =D

He was mostly Vapour anyway ;) And he still wasn't big enough.

Also he looked like crap and had a shallow backstory. Pokémon could do it much better =D

True, but how would you get there?

I lost interest in Pokemon around the time Ruby and Sapphire came out. It didn't have anything to with the games themselves; I just sort of drifted away from them a while after the second generation.

But the second generation remains my favorite. I don't know, there's just something about the Pokemon, events, and locations in that game that I liked. As Indigo Rush said, it really did feel like a sequel to the original generation; it's even supposed to take place on the same continent, and a lot of characters and concepts are reused, unlike the next two generations, which barely even feel like Pokemon anymore. And after being able to visit Kanto in the second generation, I was so expecting to be able to go to Johto and Kanto in the third - and I totally couldn't.

I did play some of Ruby before my interest completely fizzled out, and saw my brother play some of it (he still likes Pokemon), so I know about that generation and its Pokemon, but I have virtually no experience with the fourth generation.

Why not create a game in which you start in Kanto and then travel to Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh (hope I spelled all those right)? Sort of like the whole epic saga.

Why not create a game in which you start in Kanto and then travel to Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh (hope I spelled all those right)? Sort of like the whole epic saga.

This is what I want as well, but I suppose the reasoning behind not doing it yet is that the games are long enough in one region as it is, combining two perhaps being the limit to how long they can make the games before people get bored, and as well there are a number of other regions we haven't seen explored yet...

526px-Pokémon_Regions.png

My dream is to have all the regions of Japan combined at some point in the future, after they've all had their own generation(s). Perhaps you could buy a base game set in Kanto, Hoenn or Sinnoh (the standard trio), but all regions would be open to you - one neighbour you unlock through beating the first area's Elite 4, the rest you have to pay to download ala DLC. Something like that.

Wild/Trainer Pokémon levels would largely be dependent on how many regions you've already traversed, to add challenge, so when you're nearing the end you'll be facing wild level 80s beasties.

About the whole legendary pokemon thing, maybe they should stop setting the bar so high and just have legendaries be legendaries, not gods, not nightmares, just pokemon rumored to exist.

And for ideas, they can just look at the countless creatures rumored to exist in real world Cryptozoology and Cryptobotany. Sure some of those may not be impressive, but a pokemonified version can probably spice it up a whole lot.

And why is it there are never any Legendaries that just flat out don't exist? Wouldn't it be fun if there were just pokemon rumored to exist, with no data existing in the game for them? Or even new pokemon that turn out to be hoaxes? In our world, that happens all the time, but in pokemon, if a creature is rumored to exist, it definitely exists.

Also, Nintendo has created countless creatures in it's many franchises. How about "Tribute pokemon" ...pokemon that resemble other nintendo creatures, sort of like how Mewtwo resembles Giegue, the final boss of EarthBound Zero. Here's another example: A plant Pokemon with no eyes and resembles a venus fly trap, that is white with red spots. You got yourself a Pirannah plant tribute. Or how about A small blue mouse like pokemon, that looks more mechanical than organic. There you have a bombchu pokemon.

Edited by Lando The Bat

A game where you travel to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, Fiore and Almia is generally seen as the Pokémon fan's wet dream.

Doubt they ever do it though. <_<

EDIT: @Bat

About the Pok

Edited by SuperLink

Diglett.

Descriptive post you have there

This is what I want as well, but I suppose the reasoning behind not doing it yet is that the games are long enough in one region as it is, combining two perhaps being the limit to how long they can make the games before people get bored, and as well there are a number of other regions we haven't seen explored yet...

526px-Pokémon_Regions.png

My dream is to have all the regions of Japan combined at some point in the future, after they've all had their own generation(s). Perhaps you could buy a base game set in Kanto, Hoenn or Sinnoh (the standard trio), but all regions would be open to you - one neighbour you unlock through beating the first area's Elite 4, the rest you have to pay to download ala DLC. Something like that.

Wild/Trainer Pokémon levels would largely be dependent on how many regions you've already traversed, to add challenge, so when you're nearing the end you'll be facing wild level 80s beasties.

Thats an interesting concept. However I do agree that to most people it would get boring after the first 1/2 reigons. Also what would happen if all of your Pokemon are Level 100 after the first reigon?

About the whole legendary pokemon thing, maybe they should stop setting the bar so high and just have legendaries be legendaries, not gods, not nightmares, just pokemon rumored to exist.

And for ideas, they can just look at the countless creatures rumored to exist in real world Cryptozoology and Cryptobotany. Sure some of those may not be impressive, but a pokemonified version can probably spice it up a whole lot.

And why is it there are never any Legendaries that just flat out don't exist? Wouldn't it be fun if there were just pokemon rumored to exist, with no data existing in the game for them? Or even new pokemon that turn out to be hoaxes? In our world, that happens all the time, but in pokemon, if a creature is rumored to exist, it definitely exists.

Those, as well, are interesting concepts. I would actually like to see this used at some point if it can...however there would probably be one idiot who would make a piece of fanart with a random Pokemon design saying 'OLOLOL dis is da hoax pokeman kk' and then some douches will probably believe it and some will probably draw hentai of it

A game where you travel to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, Fiore and Almia is generally seen as the Pokémon fan's wet dream.

We dont have to be asleep to jizz over the idea *Shot*

Edited by Blaziken

We dont have to be asleep to jizz over the idea *Shot*

We don't have to be asleep to jizz over any idea. It just means it's what Pokémon fans would most likely jizz over. ;) *Shot*

Descriptive post you have there

Sorry, but I felt that would give my post a lot more oomph, and maybe make some people laugh. ^^;

A huge amount of the Pokémon fanbase would LOVE to spend hours and hours on a Pokémon game. While the masses may get bored after a couple of regions, perhaps that would be the perfect reason to have the first region as a NEW region, the second as Kanto, and take off from there.

Pokémon fans would rave about it forever. Everyone else would see it as a way to always have something Pokémon related to do if they ever felt like it.

Shit would be so cash!

We don't have to be asleep to jizz over any idea. It just means it's what Pokémon fans would most likely jizz over. ;) *Shot*

Indeed.

Sorry, but I felt that would give my post a lot more oomph, and maybe make some people laugh. ^^;

It was funny, I just felt like being sarcastic about it

A huge amount of the Pokémon fanbase would LOVE to spend hours and hours on a Pokémon game. While the masses may get bored after a couple of regions, perhaps that would be the perfect reason to have the first region as a NEW region, the second as Kanto, and take off from there.

Pokémon fans would rave about it forever. Everyone else would see it as a way to always have something Pokémon related to do if they ever felt like it.

Shit would be so cash!

I would love this idea to come to fruitation. I would buy the console this game was on just to play it however sadly this will probably never happen...well...probably never. I still hope it does though. It sounds like a really good idea and a good way to end the series if Nintendo decides to do that.

Also what would happen if all of your Pokemon are Level 100 after the first reigon?

Ask anyone who did that in G/S/C.

Its no so much the fact legendaries exist that bothers me, more the fact you can find and catch them. It takes away the fun of battling someone and never knowing what team they're going to use, yeah ubers are banned from tournaments nowadays (not sure about the whole online play in DPPt) but when I went to events and played against friends on RBY, GSC and RSE everyone and their mum had at least one or two legendaries in their team just because most of them are so strong. As for badass RSE Pokemon, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, all three Regis, Deoxys especially (the normal and defence forme of that Pokemon are just plain weird) and thats just the legendaries in that game. Yeah I know some of the RSE Pokemon are alright looking but the majority of them are either incredibly dull, OTT badass or just rehashes of previous Pokemon (did we really need FOUR new fossil Pokemon?). Yeah ok there were badass Pokemon before RSE but they were quite far and few between.

Dlc ability to get to level 9001 perhaps.

EDIT @ Knux: Personally a couple of legendaries like Mew and Jirachi are great surprises when in multiplayer. Another thing is that srs Pok

Edited by SuperLink

Ask anyone who did that in G/S/C.

The strongest Pok

Edited by Blue Blood

He may have meant that it'd be highly unlikely to reach lvl 100 in 1 region if a game like that became real.

True, true. The whole level up system would have to be redone thought. Wild/Trainer pokémon levels would have to increase at a much lower rate, and you'd probably need a fair 5 times the experience to level up. Ouch. Repetative, much?

Agreed. This would be awesome:

pokearth.png

The only real downside would be that it would take MUCH longer to evolve and learn new moves. If it weren't for that I'd say it's a good system for multiple regions.

EDIT: Yay for Pok

Edited by SuperLink

I once had a Crystal game with a lvl 100 starter and and the rest of the party between lvl 98-70. Though it wasn't really me, I got it from someone else.

What I DID do however was train a whole six party team to lvl 100 in Sapphire..... took FOREVER and a whole lot of Elite Four runs! At least now I can put them to better use in Platinum once I got them from the Pal Park.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Sevii Islands, matey. They're (mostly) the post-E4 part of Fr/Lg. The random Paint job it just there for simplicity, too.

Edited by Blue Blood

I got a Togetic to lvl 100 once in Crystal, man do I miss it, it had a bad-ass move set and everything, not to mention I used it to defeat the elite four AND red from the first game.

Not saying the other members of the team didn't help out in their own little ways though. :P

Firstly, that looks rubbish compared to the Japan pic I posted - the regions fit much better into that than some random (if good looking) paint job.

You posted a Japan pic?

*Goes back to last page*

*looks*

Aweshum. :D

Firstly, that looks rubbish compared to the Japan pic I posted - the regions fit much better into that than some random (if good looking) paint job.

It's meant to look like the map from the 3rd and 4th gen games. Not to mention the region's shapes are accurate (to the games) there, and they're not in your image.

If there was a Pok

Edited by SuperLink