Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Official Spoiler Topic

Voyant

So the game immediately kicks off with Green Hill act 1, then we get the opening cutscene, then Green Hill act 2, then that short cutscene seen in the new video?

On the matter of unlockables, I would like to mention that the unlockable music likely won't be the regular level themes in the game, but the original music for 50 different levels over the course of Sonic history.

If I remember right, in that German preview of the game that first showed Sky Sanctuary and the Metal Sonic fight, he gave us a small peak at Sonic's house and when he went by the music section I remember seeing Green Hill Zone (Original), Emerald Hill Zone, and Angel Island Zone as unlocked tracks (I believe that Starlight and Scrap Brain were there too, but Im not sure)

All I saw was Emerald Hill Zone, Angel Island Zone, and Green Hill Zone in the sound test.

This opens up the possibility of using those themes in the levels similar in trope though - Emerald Hill in GHZ, and Angel Island in Seaside Hill. It'd be weird to just have the songs available in only the Sound Test.

Bleh, might as well head to best buy tomorrow and see if they have it. I'm done stressing over this.

The idea that there are possibly only 13 cutscenes is killing me.

...Especially when they're so good so far. ;_;

• Thumbs Up 3

As if 13 was a small number.

Just get it over with, you're overreacting the fact that it has 13 cutscenes.

Plus, Sonic Heroes, Rail Canyon for example, there's a small ingame movie that doesn't show up in the CG Library, but it's still a cutscene.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the matter of unlockables, I would like to mention that the unlockable music likely won't be the regular level themes in the game, but the original music for 50 different levels over the course of Sonic history.

If I remember right, in that German preview of the game that first showed Sky Sanctuary and the Metal Sonic fight, he gave us a small peak at Sonic's house and when he went by the music section I remember seeing Green Hill Zone (Original), Emerald Hill Zone, and Angel Island Zone as unlocked tracks (I believe that Starlight and Scrap Brain were there too, but Im not sure)

If I may add to this?

And if it covered the songs used exclusively for the game, we won't have enough room.

Namely...

Green Hill x4

-Hub, Classic, Modern and Modern Fast

Chemical Plant x4*

Sky Sanctuary x4

Speed Highway x4

City Escape x4

Seaside Hill x4*

Crisis City x4

Rooftop Run x4

Planet Wisp x4

*If you would, you could count the underwater versions.

Metal Sonic

Shadow

Silver

Death Egg Robot

Perfect Chaos x2

Egg Dragoon

Already, we have 43. Time Eater oughta take 2 or 3 phases minimum as a Final boss.

Then add in Balloon Park (46/47), Door Into Summer, Sonic 3&K file select/Sonic JAM music, Sonic 2 Competition, Network (Mega Collection) theme, Super Sonic Racing...

And we're past 50.

So boom.

I'm guessing that Classic and Modern meet in the Dreamcast era since it's the era where both styles of Sonic kinda mixes up.

Plus, Sonic Heroes, Rail Canyon for example, there's a small ingame movie that doesn't show up in the CG Library, but it's still a cutscene.

For one, I already pointed out the Heroes system. It isn't just Rail Canyon, a lot of story levels are like that (the Chaotix only had one act 1 level that DIDN'T, Frog Forest).

On the flip side though, peeps were expected these cutscenes to incorporate all the friends too. When you can take out 8-9 cutscenes like that in one shot, 13 suddenly seems quite small...

Edit: Ooh, ooh, what does he know of the plot, Cero? :>

Edited by VEDJ-F

Edit: Ooh, ooh, what does he know of the plot, Cero? :>

He hasn't said anything aside from that final boss remark, I'll try digging to see If I find anything

So the story telling is like Heroes....

- shitty voice acting

- angst

- corny as fuck scenes

+ nice jokes that reference the past

+ Good voice acting

+ harmless yet interesting plot

I can deal with this....for a celebration game. Its also harmless, but yet nostalgic at the same time....you dun good Sega.

Edited by V0YANT

Yeesh, was just sayin'. Colors had 30 cutscenes and even THAT didn't seem like much compared to other Sonic games (likely because most of them were quite short and same-y, but). If it is done Heroes-style where there are more cutscenes that you have to play the story to view, that's fine with me. But 13 for the entire game? Makes it seem like the plot was purposely deflated for the sake of whiny pro-plotless fans. And there are so many opportunities for clever, funny, or memorable scenes considering what the game is about. I'd like to see that taken advantage of.

But meh, I don't want to bring negativity to this topic. What we've seen so far looks just awesome to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only the only who likes the lack of cutscenes? I mean we just complained that Colors had a lot of pointless ones, so isn't them cutting down a good thing?

I like my plots short, concise and to the point without useless padding in between.

Edited by Shadic93

Just a heads up guys, JackSkellinghog is currently ripping the soundtrack, so stay tuned for that.

Edited by Soniman032-
  • Thumbs Up 8

S

- shitty voice acting

- angst

- corny as fuck scenes

+ nice jokes that reference the past

+ Good voice acting

+ harmless yet interesting plot

lolwut.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just a heads up guys, JackSkellinghog is currently ripping the soundtrack, so stay tuned for that.

*Fist pumps* YES! YES! YES!

Now please provide us with the link to where the download link will be???

Am I the only the only who likes the lack of cutscenes? I mean we just complained that Colors had a lot of pointless ones, so isn't them cutting down a good thing?

I like my plots short, concise and to the point without useless padding in between.

Someone is sure to point out that you're one of those "burn away everything you don't like instead of fixing it" people, so I'll just give you a heads-up to say "oh no ;_;"

Sure, depending on who you ask. Another good thing would've been, oh, I don't know, adding more plot-relevant cutscenes to watch, perhaps? I mean, I'm not exactly the "less is more" sort of fellow, so I don't buy this whole "lack of cutscenes is a good thing" deal.

Someone is sure to point out that you're one of those "burn away everything you don't like instead of fixing it" people, so I'll just give you a heads-up to say "oh no ;_;"

Except they didn't take anything away, I can't really judge on how the plot will play out but you don't need about 72 cutscenes to tell a story because half of those cutscenes probably are useless.

The game pretty much amounts to:

Get thrown back in time, save friends, kick Time Eater ass, eat my chilidog. I mean how many cutscenes do you need to tell that?