Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Official Spoiler Topic

Voyant

note the minus sign next to it.

You also said that the game has shitty voice acting as a minus...and good voice acting as a plus.

Just a heads up guys, JackSkellinghog is currently ripping the soundtrack, so stay tuned for that.

Is he from Retro or what?

How will he be doing this?

Sure, depending on who you ask. Another good thing would've been, oh, I don't know, adding more plot-relevant cutscenes to watch, perhaps? I mean, I'm not exactly the "less is more" sort of fellow, so I don't buy this whole "lack of cutscenes is a good thing" deal.

Who says that you can't add plot relevant cutscenes with a low cutscene count? Is there some law saying that you need about 30 cutscenes to tell a story? And even so, the story is just "save Sonic's friends, beat TIme Eater" other than the identity of the Time eater(Which I'm pretty sure will be revealed before the ending) how many cutscenes do you need to explain that?

Sometimes Less is more.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 2

By the All Spark, people!

So the story telling is like Heroes....

- shitty voice acting

- angst

- corny as fuck scenes

Things in Sonic Heroes

+ nice jokes that reference the past

+ Good voice acting

+ harmless yet interesting plot

Things in Sonic Generations.

Stop making mountains out of molehills :/

And sometimes less is just not enough. I want more word on how it actually works before saying anything on quantity/quality, though.

And sometimes Less means "Shut the fuck up and deal with it"

Cut it out, deal with it. The game has 13 cutscenes.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Thumbs Up 5

And sometimes Less means "Shut the fuck up and deal with it"

Cut it out >>

This is a discussion forum. We're gonna discuss things.

YOU deal with it.

• Thumbs Up 5

If we really get 13 cutscenes in the main story then I hope they're longer then 1 minute long just enough to tell the story. I'm still hoping that there's some hidden cutscenes, though.

The majority of gamers don't like Sonic games to be fluffed out with story cutscenes, so considering the drive to bring fans and potential fans to the series, it doesn't surprise me that the story is being toned down this go round.

I think it's for the better in this situation. We're given the bare minimum context, and a little interaction for fun: Sonic and friends go back in time, try to find out who did it, run into past self, go through 20 years of history, defeat Time Eater, be back in time to finish that party.

That's really the most I want out of a plot. This isn't the same as setting, backstory and mythos, mind you. Those details can be fleshed out in a manual or something. That's stuff like Sonic living on whatever planet, Eggman being the grandson of a good guy gone bad, Shadow being the inter-species conglomeration of an artificial hedgehog and an alien, birds being descendants of genies being descendants of aliens, etc. We don't need to detail that in every game.

So... yeah. Story's fine with me. Gives enough context and enough interaction to be the candy to my tastebuds in a Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 8

Nothing at the Best Buy in Springfield, Missouri.

Guess I can wait a few more days...................

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

So was the Demo Hack from June wrong about how many cutscenes are in the game?

I mean I'm kind of sad, but at the same time, I'm just glad we have some cutscenes.

This is not the place to talk about the ammount of cutscenes.

This is the "WHERETHEFUCKISTHEOST" Topic.

Like this ^

Sorry but i got the "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Seriously, i'm thinking the OST will be really Huge we have more or less 12 songs per zone!

I don't really care about Generations' plot, since that was just going to be an excuse to get Sonic through a bunch of old levels anyway, but I'll be a bit disappointed if they brought back all of the supporting cast and didn't give any of them anything to do but dole out hints in the menu. I mean, those missions are nice, but I crave interaction~

Also, I'm totally bouncing up and down in my seat like a five-year-old in anticipation of the soundtrack. I think I need to find myself something else to do.

Except they didn't take anything away, I can't really judge on how the plot will play out but you don't need about 72 cutscenes to tell a story because half of those cutscenes probably are useless.

The game pretty much amounts to:

Get thrown back in time, save friends, kick Time Eater ass, eat my chilidog. I mean how many cutscenes do you need to tell that?

Who the fuck asked for 72 cutscenes?

It's not a matter of how many cutscenes you need. A Sonic game doesn't 'need' any cutscenes. But a decent amount of them - preferably somewhere BETWEEN 13 and 72 - would help enrich the game.

You switch sides a lot. One day you'll say how corny Colors was and say characters need more interaction or whatever, the next you'll say a story should be simplified as much as possible. I dun' get it. :/

Edited by DC111
  • Thumbs Up 1