Awoo.

Sonic Generations Impressions, Help, & Discussion Topic

Agent York

I only have the Time Eater achievement left, I'm getting there but it's a real pain constantly restarting. I try not to rage too much since it's just a video game but it's really irritating when you need to hit him one more time and a piece of Rooftop Run slightly pokes you, which we all know is a serious attack....

Make sure you launch the other Sonic ahead to destroy level debris for you, makes it a lot easier.

No, just do the stages and you get it thats what happended to me. Missions don't count in you getting the achivement, have any problems just ask again and I will try to give a solution.

Yeah but the problem is that I alredy have S Ranked every stage/boss and I didn't got the Trophie.

Just got the 'Can't Touch This' achievement, and guess what?

It doesn't matter if you hit debris.

I was curious as to what counted as taking damage so I continued on after getting a sky sanctuary tower in the face, and yes, the achievement popped up at the end.

Seems to be just the Time Eater's attacks you have to avoid.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was curious as to what counted as taking damage so I continued on after getting a sky sanctuary tower in the face, and yes, the achievement popped up at the end.

So really, you're just saying watch out for what looks like a homing shot?

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow! Colour me embarrased for restarting so dang many times after I hit debris.

• Thumbs Up 1

Could someone please explain if Skills can be used in the Online-Modes? I just simply can´t understand why there´re "Favourite-Skills" in everyone´s profile and how a time of 01:41 in Green Hill is possible without using Skills. I did EVERYTHING right for a Speedrun imo but only end up having a 01:47. Is there any Option for switching Skills? =/

Edited by Real_Ultima

Could someone please explain if Skills can be used in the Online-Modes? I just simply can´t understand why there´re "Favourite-Skills" in everyone´s profile and how a time of 01:41 in Green Hill is possible without using Skills. I did EVERYTHING right for a Speedrun imo but only end up having a 01:47. Is there any Option for switching Skills? =/

Nope, no skills can be used in time-trial ( which I find rather pointless, I hope they patch in a second leaderboard for Skill-assited speedruns). He just has a better route or he's hacking.

Edited by BatGuy

Nope, no skills can be used in time-trial ( which I find rather pointless, I hope they path in a second leaderboard for Skill-assited speedruns). He just has a better route or he's hacking.

Agreed. There are just some things and some manoeuvres you can only do with skills. In Modern Crisis City for example, that first jump requires you to have Blast Off, Acceleration and Speed Up if you want to make that single leap and not do the homing attack chain (and it saves quite a bit of time).

Nope, skills are automatically turned off whenever you do anything like a time attack or 30 second thing online, just like they're turned off whenever you do the challenges in single player. The only time skills can really be used is when you're doing one of the main acts throughout the game. And, like BatGuy said, odds are that he might just have a better route or something. I've seen some speed runs online and you'd be amazed as to the small things that could make a huge difference with the time that you get running through a level.

As for the whole thing about "favorite skills", I honestly think it's just there..to be there. It doesn't really mean anything but to show you what that person usually likes to use whenever they play through their acts in Single Player. I have no idea what other purpose it could possibly serve.

It just occurred to me : considering you can't use skills in online rankings, or challenges, or bosses, that only leaves 9 acts that you can use for classic skills and 9 for modern skills.

Anyone else a little bummed out by this?

It just occurred to me : considering you can't use skills in online rankings, or challenges, or bosses, that only leaves 9 acts that you can use for classic skills and 9 for modern skills.

Anyone else a little bummed out by this?

Well, considering that a very large majority of the missions would be completely broken if you could use skills, and considering that the online rankings would devolve completely into who can use Infinite Boost the best, I say it's for the better.

Wish I could use Super Sonic on rivals and bosses, though. I won't shy away from admitting that, since I too went and gathered 50 rings on Perfect Chaos in the vain hope that, well, you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no idea which topic to post this in, So I'll just post it here.

I found this in Classic Speed Highway. It looks like a big G thanks to the crappy quality, but in game it looks like something else.

Tails Doll?

Ot5pb.jpg

To get there, just

in Classic speed highway, go on the upper route at the beginning

then when you get to the platforms, get on the red one and hurry and go right before it falls

get on the yellow spring

jump on the two badniks in mid air and go through the orange hoop

go all the way up past the falling platforms, and viola!

I doubt it's him, but it would be cool if it actually is.

Edited by Mike Dawson

Tails Doll where? In the background on the poster? It's just a Blaze Motors sign.

ah, well that solves that.

Colours you draw an outline on the Tails Doll you thought you saw?

I'm not good with photshop, but (referring to pic)

above the G is the head and antenna, below the G is are the feet, to the left of the G is are the tails, and the bottom half of the G is the body while the top half is part pf the face.

At least, that's what I saw

Edited by Mike Dawson

Well, considering that a very large majority of the missions would be completely broken if you could use skills, and considering that the online rankings would devolve completely into who can use Infinite Boost the best, I say it's for the better.

Wish I could use Super Sonic on rivals and bosses, though. I won't shy away from admitting that, since I too went and gathered 50 rings on Perfect Chaos in the vain hope that, well, you know.

I did the exact same thing. In fact, I even used the original version of Open Your Heart so it would be even more authentic. I really hope they patch that sometime. Especially if they release a very hard mode for bosses (who, IMO, should go Super Form, giving you an excuse to do likewise.)

lol_fatty_no_parents_by_lunarmew-d4f44a5.jpg

I'm not the only one who thought of this after all.

LOL awesomeface. :P Poor Classic Sonic. :( Also, thanks for the tip about Time Eater. I'm going to go earn that achievement. Now it looks like the only achievements that will be challenging are Red Ring Collector and Walk on Water. (and the latter is more time-consuming that hard.)

• 1 month later...

lol_fatty_no_parents_by_lunarmew-d4f44a5.jpg

I'm not the only one who thought of this after all.

I can't have been the only one to notice that Knuckles has fingers on his left hand

I heard that this game is better on the 360 smile.png Apparently there's less lag, and more vibrant graphics.

Actually, I think there is less lag on the PS3 version. I hear the controls are more responsive on the 360 however. As for the graphics, I'm not sure.

So I watched a million playthroughs of this game and played demo but you don't reall experience it until you actually play it. I LOVE it. Weird cause I hate the demo. Graphics are good and it controls nicely. On another note, I fucked up so many times on Classic Green Hill but still got an S. whut? I'll post more impressions when I get more done.

EDIT: Am I bad person for telling the girl I like I was going to sleep early while texting to keep

playing this? Sonic>Social Life

Edited by ThatGuyJay

Actually, I think there is less lag on the PS3 version. I hear the controls are more responsive on the 360 however. As for the graphics, I'm not sure.