Awoo.

How has the site changed over the years?

ChuptaEater

I just today made a new profile here on SSMB... and i can't really notice any changes. I was a member all the way back in 2006-07 i believe. It has been a long while and i just want to know how has this place has evolved... any members still around since that time? Any new moderators? Changes to the forum?

Any feedback would be appreciated laugh.png

Carbo is now a mod, and has been for the past whatever.

This skin is new, but not actually new, and has been here for a few days.

Carbo is now a mod, and has been for the past whatever.

This skin is new, but not actually new, and has been here for a few days.

Yeah, i have noticed the skin looks a little different :3

And to be honest i was surprised this site was even still around!

Good to see SSMB is still doing well. :D

Well I'd imagine one big change worth mentioning is how the server kind of went kaput in 09, the entire thing was wiped and everyone had to register again.

Though in all honesty it didn't make a huge difference. It felt more like spring cleaning of inactive members.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I'd imagine one big change worth mentioning is how the server kind of went kaput in 09, the entire thing was wiped and everyone had to register again.

Though in all honesty it didn't make a huge difference. It felt more like spring cleaning of inactive members.

Yea, I been here since 06 and remember the crash @_@ I remembered how long we had to wait to get back here.

- We used to have a Fluff forum for forum games and such but it was drawing attention away from the rest of the forum, so it got slaughtered. Good thing too.

- There used to be Sonic Spriters Network part of the forum which focused on Pixel Art and Sprites creation, Sonic Cage Dome. Which was based on competitive Sonic games playing. A part where you could post links strictly to websites (Not to message boards) and years back, there was a subforum for other Sonic Team games. I think it was called "Yuji Naka and his merry men" XD.

- Pretty sure there was a subforum for debates and mature discussions and such.

- To my memory, Hogfather, Gabz Girl, Wolfy, Violet and Tweaker were mods. Heh, back in about '06, I was a TSS Staffer.

- Signatures could not be more than 250px high.

- From my perceptions, there's not many oldbies around any more.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it was a mod named Cyberblade who gave me my first strike back in 2006 when I was new to forums.

For that I have never forgotten him.

Well I was here since 2005 I think (with different nick and wasn't very active), I remember this place used to have some section so new members can post there, introduce and ask admins for verification of their accounts.

I've been here alot and I can say that this place has changed in alot of ways, and has stayed the same in others.

Others can explain things a little better than I can; my knowledge and memories only really stretch as far back as around '08, when I stopped being a casual poster and started posting more and becoming a regular here. Everything before then is kind of a blur. I've actually been here since July 2006 though, but before 08 I had around 200 posts, yeah, I wasn't really active. But I managed to reach around 1200 before the wipe in '09. For some reason I still consider myself rather "middle aged," though over the past few months I've been feeling like an old man on here for some reason.

It's actually quite the coincidence that you came when you did, because before a few days ago, this skin wasn't here, and the site had quite a few different looks.

Edited by Modern Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Since this is a discussion based on the site, I feel it might be better suited for the Member Feedback / Bug Reports portion of the boards. On the other hand, ... naaaw, could just as well stay here!

I just today made a new profile here on SSMB... and i can't really notice any changes. I was a member all the way back in 2006-07 i believe. It has been a long while and i just want to know how has this place has evolved... any members still around since that time? Any new moderators? Changes to the forum?

Any feedback would be appreciated laugh.png

Howdy-ho, old member! Just a few days ago, we received this good ol' skin back - polished, renewed and sparkling! New fancy effects as well. Other changes would be the Status Updates at the board's main index, where you may post what you are currently doing, current thoughts or basically whatever you want, of course as long as you are following netiquettes and forum rules! =)

2006-07? I used to hang around here and there at the time, lurking and throwing myself at new members in the great introduction section. Any new moderators? Well, some have left the team, and new additions have been made. See here for yourself for the full list. Yush!

Also, welcome back! Do enjoy the new and refreshened SSMB. to properly re-introduce yourself, so that old and new may learn more about you, and then you may also properly have your presence signed in the Book of Registration and Returns. Or something. I, uh ... totally made that up ...!

I used to lurk around the SSMB back in '07 and '08. I'm fairly certain this place used to have a Role Playing section, and a slightly bigger art section.

Oh yeah, and Hogfather used to be a mod or admin or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

No one here remembers Breech Loader? Like this if you do! ...or not...

Seriously, if you remember her, then you are one of the oldest members here. Or Strong Bad...wonder where he's at?

Also, we used to have Clubs for a while before the forum wipe, but that didn't attract enough attention so it got axed. Shame to, as Claire (and old mod) put in a lot of work for it.

Other than that, I can't remember too much regarding the forums alone that everyone else hasn't already said.

Yeah, he's the bastard who changed his name to Sean about a few years back. Wonder where he's at?

...I remember all of this.

Guess I've been more active on here than I thought, maybe I just lurked alot without actually posting much.

Sometime after being banned on here, Breech actually joined the short-lived RP forum that some of the RP'ers from here made after RP'ing as a whole started to die on here, and he/she(?) was actually more tolerable on there. It was called the FBMB, and it was my Second home on the internet (SSMB was the first) for about a year, [late november-ish '08-'09 or so] then it died. ;w; Good tiems, it was a decent community. Most of the members on there actually came from here though, Lister, Sheffman, Darkhero, Darkhaven, Thyclaine, ect. It's kinda sad that they didn't return to this board after that one went kaput.

Edited by Modern Inferno

It depresses me that remembering strong bad makes you an old member. >:|

I'm like a grandpa

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I've been here since 2002-2003 (holy moly it's almost been a decade ;___; ). I don't post anymore really and I hardly recognise anybody lol (except remy who I introduced to the boards tongue.png), but I still browse every now and then.

I made a lot of cool friends here back in the day, if any of you happen to be reading this and remember me, let me know! biggrin.png

- Back in ancient SSMB there was a "ring" system that worked as currency. Posts got you a ring and topics got you 2, I think? You could enter a lottery and such too, and purchase wonderful things such as coloured/highlighted usernames, change the text under your username, etc.

- There was a really big and detailed April Fools prank which I wish I could remember all the details of... something with a bot that followed a user around which eventuated into something much much bigger. Can anybody refresh my memory?

- Then there was the admin that hacked the site. Which made everybody have to resort back to the original ORIGINAL boards for awhile, which looked something like a geocities website.

And there's heaps more I could remember if anybody has any specific questions! smile.png

Edited by Mistle
  • Thumbs Up 2

Remember Sonic Smash Cards? They trolled us epically :lol: I remember the days of incredibly basic profiles with a limit on how much writing you could put in them and Chaos Emeralds under avatars too.

I recall Breech Loader. She had an obsession with post count.

If it makes you feel any better, I still remember Gryphon (probably misspelled his name) when he was a mod. So we're both two peas in a pod!

You mean BirdieGryphon? I remember him too.

It depresses me that remembering strong bad makes you an old member. >:|

I'm like a grandpa

I always wondered what happened to him.

I always wondered what happened to him.

He got banned a while ago.

Oooh, I just remembered something old. Anyone remember that section of the site called "Shadow Team"? It had to deal with fangames and stuff.

I never played any of the games, but I remember there was some weird sprite comic on that section where Knuckes was a gay stereotype (always wanting to buttfuck Sonic and whatnot) and Tails was always getting high. It used S3&K sprites, and was pretty terrible iirc, but when I was like 13-14 and first found this website, they were hilarious.

I'd be happy if anybody managed to save them and were willing to share.

Edited by HotGirlOnInternet
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shadow Team was an actual web site, with flash games smile.png. Do you people remember when TSS had a contest, and you could win a Shadow the Hedgehog game? Damn i feel old..

Edited by Rave92
  • Thumbs Up 1

How has the site changed over the years? Well, we just came out of a Generations-esque color famine that lasted for a while. I recall saying that the old skin made us look like "super serious business people who hate every variant of fun whatsoever".

Shadow Team was an actual web site, with flash games smile.png. Do you people remember when TSS had a contest, and you could win a Shadow the Hedgehog game? Damn i feel old..