Awoo.

What if Sega...Stopped Making Sonic Games?

Place

That day had come.

Sales have been low, reviews have been negative, and the fans are leaving their side. All of this just may lead to one of the most terrible days in gaming history. The day when Sega stops making Sonic games.

Those loyal fans who had stuck by Sonic's side for so long would have no more new games. No more Sonic. Ever.

What will you do when/if this happens? How will it impact your life, if at all? What will you, as a Sonic fan do?

Edited by ThePlaceRocker

I'd drive to petition for a master collection of every relevant Sonic game released to date, maybe write a book about the series if I had time.

Other than that, I'd probably just continue on with my life knowing that Sonic was an extremely popular and wonderful aspect of my childhood, and served as a focal point for some good friendships on the internet, which will certainly outlast Sonic if he were to keel over before I die.

I'd play some other games?

Sonic is cool and all, but in my life and everything, he makes up like 0.01% of it.

If they stopped making sonic games, oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Edited by Nintendoga

I would think a different company would buy them out and make a fresh new take but if they didn't merch sales would go up alot because no more would be made.

Fan games would still be made and we would have to look there for games

I would be mocked for supporting a dead franchise for ages while it was alive.

Here's a thought, What would happen to SSMB?

• Thumbs Up 1

The majority of Sonic fans would leave the fanbase. More dedicated/desperate fans would follow hacking and fangaming communities, for as long as they lasted. Eventually we'd all move on (or die).

• Thumbs Up 7

^ Yeah prolly that.

Sonic is too big a part of my life so I prolly would start following hacks and fangames to get my fix of new content.

I'd be sad that it's over, but happy that there would be no more crappy titles.

I'd just have to play the old ones, and probably shift back to being mainly a Nintendo fan. Hell, I already pretty much ignored Sonic until Colors and 4 came out, I could cope with the series ending.

Honestly, if the games died, I think the character would probably live on. At least for a while...

People would still be fans, and would probably go on doing fan stuff. SSMB, and the Sonic Stadium, would still exist, they'd just become more fanatic and all that...

I wouldn't be too affected by this because all my favorite Sonic games already had came out. :P

Also SSMB will still be around for a couple of years until everyone decides its time to get on with life. But hey at least it would be fun right? :P

Id be like a old man reminiscing about the good old days when I anxiously waited for the newest Sonic game to come out and speculated about future games.

Who here knows who Felix the Cat is?

If so, and I assume a bunch of you do, then I think Sonic's gonna be fine if the games stop.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'd probably fully move on to my other interests that I've acquired over the years, though I'd still remember the franchise fondly.

...Though if Pokemanz and One Piece were to up and vanish too, then I'd have nothing. rlz4ib.png

I think I would just wait...

I would be disappointed, but I would assume that the series would return eventually. I think that at some point, either SEGA or some other company would try to reboot the franchise.

I'd be a little sad, but then remember my favorite games were already out, so I would just move on to my other gaming interests.

Commit seppuku.

The only logical course of action naturally.

Edited by Soniman032-
  • Thumbs Up 2

Then.... im sure Nintendo or someone else would buy them. Honestly, I would move to other games or my life, Sonic isn't the only thing I read or play games. XD

Platformers will soon all disappear, they never get as much glory as they used to. Now-A-Days FPS's get all the glory.

Edited by Metal-Hedgehog

If Sega stopped making Sonic game's they would end up losing money. That is their biggest cash flow.

Then there's the fan response, and the like everyone else mentioned above.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well, as weird as it sounds, I'm pretty attached to the Blue Blur, me still being rather young, and all. He's a big part of why I don't stay depressed all the time, because he makes me forget bad things and remember good things.

He's also the reason why I ended up a huge optimist most of the time.

If he had to go though, I wouldn't forget him ever. And I'd just move on. Mario keeps good company too. :V

• Thumbs Up 4

I would be devastated for a while, then learn to program C++ so I could un-officially continue the series where it left off, kind of like an STC-Online type of thing.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

They creater another new furry characther and create a new saga with this characther (shooters, RPG, whathever)

I'd get the time eater to go to the past and stop it from happening.

But realistically, I would be dissapoint. But come on, Its just a video game character.

I think you'll still be alive if he's gone.

• Thumbs Up 1