Awoo.

Is Eggman Nega an omnicidal maniac?

Blazey Firekitty

Is his endgame always to kill everyone in the world, no matter what happens, or is planetary destruction only his motive when world domination fails to work out?

Planetary destruction is basically his goal from the get-go in Sonic Rivals 2. His whole plan is to release the Ifirit in order to fill the world with chaos and discord, and he makes no mention of actually conquering the world with it. Be that as it may, I don't think world-destruction is necessarily Nega's perpetual goal in the long run.

Destruction isn't Nega's motive per se. Rather, his motive is complete and utter chaos- Whether he achieves that by conquering the world or destroying it seems insignificant, and he changes his mind about whether or not he's actually after power on a regular basis. In SRA, for example, Nega says he'll "create a new era of chaos, and it will be glorious!" However, once his plan fails, he's just as happy to simply blow up the planet as a Plan B.

In both Rivals games, chaos is also Nega's apparent motive; By screwing around with time and space in Rivals 1, and continually upping the ante until he's ready to erase the world itself from existence with his space-distorting camera. Rivals 2 simply has him release an ancient monster to do his dirty work for him.

Nega stands in contrast to Eggman in this key aspect. Where Eggman wants perfect order- complete control of the planet- Nega aspires for the opposite: Perfect chaos, no matter what means he must take to reach that end, up to and including his own destruction.

Nega appears to have some very subtle reality-warping abilities in Sonic Rivals; He can modify his voice and appearance to that of Dr. Eggman on a second's notice, and possesses a whimsical little camera that's capable of transforming its photographic subjects into collectible cards. He also seems able to effortlessly travel through time and dimensions at his leisure, unlike Eggman who must acquire some extraneous means to time-travel. One could chalk this up to Nega simply having 200 or so years of technological advancements at his disposal, but regardless, the man almost seems magic compared to the original Eggman. In some ways, Nega reminds me of Discord from MLP, now that I think about his physics-defying abilities and his love of chaos.

But yeah- I see Nega as perpetually bonkers, not someone who simply snaps when his plans go wrong. The calm, dapper gentleman persona he exudes in the Rush series is a thin facade that masks the absolute madman underneath.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 4

His plan in Rivals was to turn the entire world into a goddamn card (and inevitably die in the cold vacuum of space), what do you think?

His plan in Rivals was to turn the entire world into a goddamn card (and inevitably die in the cold vacuum of space), what do you think?

You took that from Sonic Rivals in X Minutes didn't you.

You're awesome if yes.

Anyway, I had to google "Omnicidal", and I just think that Eggman Nega is a lunatic that wants to destroy the whole effing world just for the lulz.

This. So much this, THe Guy is NUTZ!!!!!

Eggman-Nega is the extreme version of Eggman, hence the moniker Eggman Negative. Because of that he likes the concept of chaos and uses discord as his art form. His tools are people and weapons and he wouldn't hesitate to use them to his advantage.

Think of it this way, Ivo likes to play games with people but with him he has a morality point; Nega likes to play with everyone in the most volatile manner with no holds barred. The closest person in this category off the top of my head I can think of is the Joker from The Dark Knight who wants to see everything burn. The other part of Nega is that he has such a lovely gentile demeanor towards people, very slick and charming like another extreme of Eggman's charismatic and self-professed gentleman status. Because of this Nega is very hypocritical in nature demanding a high-statistical attitude but wouldn't blink if he had to bend those ethics in his favor like killing someone. I think I mentioned before that he knows what morals are, but he has a very psychotic view of them.

Now the biggest question is how is he this way? Perhaps it is a mental disorder or did he choose this path to brimstone salvation?

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would like to say he isn't but in a way he is.

Let's see, he made the DEATH Egg which we probably would guess he would blow up shit with it, unleashed the God of Destruction, nearly destroyed Earth, and he split the world twice.

But however it seems he has a conscience somewhere as he would rather beat the shit out of aliens over having the world blown up. But then again the man must had been thinking about himself the whole time. :P

I would like to say he isn't but in a way he is.

Let's see, he made the DEATH Egg which we probably would guess he would blow up shit with it, unleashed the God of Destruction, nearly destroyed Earth, and he split the world twice.

But however it seems he has a conscience somewhere as he would rather beat the shit out of aliens over having the world blown up. But then again the man must had been thinking about himself the whole time. tongue.png

I completely agree with you- Eggman is absolutely not an omnicidal maniac, and has all the redeeming qualities you mentioned. But this topic's about Eggman Nega, Dr. Eggman's twisted doppelganger.

This guy:

Rush_eggman_nega.png

He's quite a different character than the Eggman we know and love, and thus far hasn't demonstrated any of Eggman's nicer traits.

In a way, he resembles Gerald Robotnik post-madness. I sometimes wonder if there's a hidden connection between the two.

I completely agree with you- Eggman is absolutely not an omnicidal maniac, and has all the redeeming qualities you mentioned. But this topic's about Eggman Nega, Dr. Eggman's twisted doppelganger.

This guy:

Rush_eggman_nega.png

He's quite a different character than the Eggman we know and love, and thus far hasn't demonstrated any of Eggman's nicer traits.

Excuse me for a moment as I consume 1 million carrots as I cannot read topic titles so well. :P

So getting on topic due to my error, if Eggman Nega were to be in the same situations as his predecessor would go for it and go out with a bang. He would let Chaos do his thing, leave the world in pieces, and blow the entire moon while letting a space colony crash down Earth.

Makes you wonder if Eggman in his later years snapped as Nega shown us and passed that down to him.

• Thumbs Up 1

You also need to remember when Eggman Nega, after losing, pushes the cage of captured animals down a slope so it'll land in the deathly freezing waters below. Just for the lolz.

Anyway, I recall us all discussing Eggman Nega before, but as said he is essentially a cold and calculating man with a gentleman demeanor. However, he just wants chaos and will go by any means to get it. Unlike Eggman, he is not full of himself, he does not want order, he does not have some form of compassion, and he isn't childish. He doesn't give a crap about anyone or anything and simply works in calculations to achieve his goals whenever it might expend him or not, he wants to achieve chaos for everyone and relish in that fact, and he is a gentlement outwardly and when he gets mad, he gets scary mad, not tantrum mad like Eggman.

Also, Unleashed, Colors, & Generations spoilers.

I find Eggman getting steadily crazier in each of these game's interesting, I wonder if their going somewhere with that as I noticed he recently has been losing his nicer qualities and becoming more Nega-like in each game.

• Thumbs Up 3

In some ways, Nega reminds me of Discord from MLP, now that I think about his physics-defying abilities and his love of chaos.

Drink glass, throw away milk, watch it explode, profit? XD

But yeah...Nega doesn't seem to have a sane bone in his body, even he can pretend at times. As Kintobor pointed out, he's very mysterious because he don't why he's insane. I could see him being originally sane and then snapping at some point(Perhaps, as Indigo suggested, as a sort of parallel to Gerald), but then again, he could simply have been born without the ability to feel empathy.

Nega is from 200 years in the future and is Eggman's grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grandson. Or is another Eggman in another universe. Either way, I don't think it's our Eggman.

The only Nega-like trait Eggman has shown as of recently was

fucking up with time and space to get rid of Sonic then rule the world

Probably, yeah.

I can see the connections to the likes of Discord. Or, for a less humble comparison, most of the other Sonic villains.

I find Eggman getting steadily crazier in each of these game's interesting, I wonder if their going somewhere with that as I noticed he recently has been losing his nicer qualities and becoming more Nega-like in each game.

And that is what I simply adore about Eggman Nega, I mean his personality and design give off the same feeling to me, not only can you see our own Eggman in him, but also we can a much darker, more sinister version of him. He could turn out to be the best villain aside from Eggman himself, for this series seeing as he keeps with the whole nature vs. technology idea that was always present in the series, but also adds a more twisted and distorted mindset to it, leading to much grander and riskier plans that could even lead to the implosion of the universe itself

If that rumored game is true, it would add on to this idea, I mean spliting the entire world into mere fragments of itself, plus if we have a good eggman helping Sonic, then that means there must be an even worse Eggman as the mastermind (which could later become Nega himself