Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

I feel like I'd be a fool not to get this game, despite my aversion to almost every Sony exclusive franchise apart from LBP.

Related:

Sony-Smash-Bros-New-game-news-imminent.jpg

I lol'd at the bottom right character.

Snake seemed a bit weird at first but then I remembered Brawl. Why do people still think Crash is a Sony franchise?

Oh god, happening or not, I'd fucking love Welkin in this. I totally forgot about that game already, XD. As for Butler, it's one of those things that if this was real, I couldn't see it happening...but I also totally could, lawl. The commercial for this would be the best.

"I'm Kevin Butler and I main Kevin Butler."

I'm going to main Spike from Ape Escape... oh wait... they won't put him in... they don't care for him anymore

Don't toy with my heart like this.

Don't toy with my heart like this.

it's true though, old school Ape Escape doesn't get the love it deserves. Spike is awesome and last time we saw him playable was Ape Escape 2. 3 he made an appearance and the newer game is just a "on the rail" catch the monkeys game =.=

Here's hoping he is in however XD

I really hope that this rumor is true....

and if the game IS real then Kevin Butler MUST be in it if Sony wants this game to be a MUST BUY.

It's going to be real, folks. But those of you who think it will have non-Sony characters in it like Snake and Lightning are in for a rude awakening. The team developing this was told to focus on Sony-owned properties such as Parappa the Rapper and Fat Princess because SCEA didn't want to "waste" budget money on acquiring rights to use 3rd party characters.

Another reason is because 3rd parties are unreliable/untrustworthy and have no allegiance to any given console manufacturer.

That's gonna be a small and boring roster. Parappa is the most interesting to me, even though I never played any of the games. Other than that I only care for Ratchet and Clank.

SCEA didn't want to "waste" budget money on acquiring rights to use 3rd party characters.

Exactly. They'd rather waste money putting their characters into 3rd party games.

• Thumbs Up 1

No Sonic. No sale.

This. That, and I have yet to get around to buying a PS3. Granted, I was thinking of getting a Vita, but even if this is for Vita, I'm not getting it unless I can play as Sonic (I can just play SSBB for that, especially if I can stream it to the controller when playing on Wii U.)

Way to be original sony.

Honestly I don't really find any of the sony characters appealing. My favorite is Spyro, but he's been dead for a long time and isn't sony exclusive anymore. There's no reason a bunch of these characters can't be in the next Super Smash Bros anyway. Look at Snake. Even Insomniac said they're going multiplatform soon, so Ratchet won't be a problem.

Way to be original sony.

Honestly I don't really find any of the sony characters appealing. My favorite is Spyro, but he's been dead for a long time and isn't sony exclusive anymore. There's no reason a bunch of these characters can't be in the next Super Smash Bros anyway. Look at Snake. Even Insomniac said they're going multiplatform soon, so Ratchet won't be a problem.

You apparently don't understand how intellectual property rights ownership works.

Sony never owned Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon-

Although it may come as a blow to most gamers' perception of Crash, Universal has always owned the rights to Crash Bandicoot, not Sony (which published the games). Universal is now exploiting Crash for all he's worth on multiple systems.

The best way to know who owns what is by reading the backs of your games and looking for which company owns the trademark. In the case with Sony, the only game series/franchises they own are-

• Ape Escape
  • Arc the Lad
  • Buzz!
  • Calling All Cars!
  • Carnival Island
  • Colony Wars
  • Cool Boarders
  • Dark Cloud
  • Dark Mist
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dead Nation
  • Destruction Derby
  • Discworld
  • Dog's Life
  • Downhill Domination
  • Dropship: United Peace Force
  • Eight Days
  • Extermination
  • EyePet
  • EyeToy
  • FantaVision
  • Folklore
  • Fat Princess
  • Gangs of London
  • Genji
  • Getaway, The
  • Ghosthunter
  • Gran Turismo
  • God of War
  • G-Police
  • Hardware
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • Ico
  • inFamous
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Invizimals
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Jeanne d'Arc
  • Jet Moto
  • Jumping Flash!
  • Killzone
  • Kinetica
  • Kung Fu Rider
  • Lair
  • Last Guardian, The
  • Legend of Dragoon, The
  • Legend of Legaia
  • Lemmings
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • LocoRoco
  • MAG
  • Mark of Kri, The
  • MediEvil
  • Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest
  • ModNation Racers
  • Motor Toon Grand Prix
  • MotorStorm
  • Okage: Shadow King
  • PaRappa the Rapper
  • Patapon
  • PixelJunk
  • PlayStation Move Heroes
  • PoPoLoCrois
  • Primal
  • Pursuit Force
  • Rally Cross
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Rise of the Kasai
  • Resistance
  • Rogue Galaxy
  • Ruin
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • SingStar
  • Siren
  • Sly Cooper
  • Sports Champions
  • SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs
  • Sorcery
  • Syphon Filter
  • The Fight: Lights Out
  • The Shoot
  • Tourist Trophy
  • Twisted Metal
  • Uncharted
  • UmJammer Lammy
  • Warhawk
  • War of the Monsters
  • White Knight Chronicles
  • Wild Arms
  • Wipeout

And these game series will never appear on competing consoles, regardless who developed them.

Edited by Hersparkidicus Optimaximus

Am I the only person that'll actually play as Nathan Drake if this game actually comes out? Lol seriously if he's anything like Snake was in Brawl then I'll definitely pick him up xD besides I think Drake is pretty cool in the Uncharted series, he's a parkour master!!!

I'd play as Drake. He's one of my favorite protagonists of this gen. But I'll probably end up giving everyone a shot.

I'd play as Drake. He's one of my favorite protagonists of this gen. But I'll probably end up giving everyone a shot.

Edited by Megabox91(Renzy)

Title Fight is a bad name. Playstation Title Fight is even worse.

Who is the Paul Gale guy?

And I find it strange that the game is in development since 2010 an yet they have no final roster.

Q9] Which James Bond actor is being considered for the game and why the character at all?

A9] Part one of the question, Daniel Craig.

Please not Daniel Craig. Nothing against the man personally, but the James Bond he represents is a rambofied, modern action hero, not the suave, Martini drinking Bond that created the brand.

• 2 weeks later...