Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Pose not valid

Pose not valid

Pose not valid

Pose not valid

Wow Sony, You like, Literally lowered the bar in terms of originality. :=/

So what if it isn't an original idea? That doesn't mean it's impossible for it to be an enjoyable game.

I guess I shouldn't play Crash Team Racing or Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing because they aren't original ideas, right? And yet I just so happen to prefer them over their 'original' counterparts.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 6

Pose not valid

Pose not valid

Pose not valid

Pose not valid

What?

Fighting games have been around for ages.

Looking more like this is legit.

Very interesting.

It's certainly looking like it might actually be the real deal, the summery is indeed quite sound, although I think that the long live play advert/michael is pushing it a little, since that looks like something thats going to be some kind of 'get fans into publicity' kind of thing.

Could you sound anymore desperate to bash an idea? You know absolutely nothing about this game, it's not even been officially announced, in fact other than rumour and hearsay theres nothing much to do on yet other than someone in the knows word.

This is the type of game that fans of every series and every company usually end up asking for, are you also going to register on the Namco forums and complain to them about the Namco/Capcom game? Claim it's too much like Marvel Vs Street Fighter? Or the inevitable Sonic fighting/party game and complain that it's too much like every other character fighting/party game thats ever been made?

Somehow if it looks fun I don't think you will.

Edited by Hogfather

So according to the same person who posted the clown pic, the develop team is now rendering some character tits.

Place your bets on which character it is (of course if this is legit).

Sony Smash Bros? Wow this was quite unexpected for me. I hope crash an Spyro are playable. I haven't seen those guys in a long time.

If the comments as of late have been of any indication there's no way characters like Spyro, Solid Snake or any other prominent but third party character will be in this. They're only focusing on Sony IPs.

Which is why I'm completely uninterested in the game. I don't mind Sony copying an idea, because it's a good idea and I'd love to see more games that manage to fuel nostalgia and fan fodder like Smash Bros or Capcom crossovers. But I hold zero interest in pretty much all of Sony IPs so I just can't get myself hyped about it, no matter how good it ultimately becomes.

• Thumbs Up 3

If the comments as of late have been of any indication there's no way characters like Spyro, Solid Snake or any other prominent but third party character will be in this. They're only focusing on Sony IPs.

Which is why I'm completely uninterested in the game. I don't mind Sony copying an idea, because it's a good idea and I'd love to see more games that manage to fuel nostalgia and fan fodder like Smash Bros or Capcom crossovers. But I hold zero interest in pretty much all of Sony IPs so I just can't get myself hyped about it, no matter how good it ultimately becomes.

Forgot about Snake for a second there. But I don't think snake would make the cut due to the fact that he was already in smash bros brawl.

But I hold zero interest in pretty much all of Sony IPs so I just can't get myself hyped about it, no matter how good it ultimately becomes.

But if this was a completely new Beat Em Up. Would you hold interest if the game started to get a lot of high praise?

i still think they should at least have SOME if not a few third-party IPs in this game. Losing interest a bit...

But if this was a completely new Beat Em Up. Would you hold interest if the game started to get a lot of high praise?

Not sure what exactly the question is meant to imply?

Perhaps I would though. I like brand new IPs, and ultimately I judge my interest mostly in how I think a game looks like in both the looks of game play and how the game's creative design, setting, aesthetics, etc are like. Prototype for example, is a game I had tons of fun with but I think the setting, plot and design is just shit. Hyperdimension Neptunia on the other hand, while lacking in game play, has a really fun setting. It's just that a crossover fighting game with the selling point being based on the amount of reverence one has to a company's respective franchises falls flat when a person doesn't hold any. The same applies to something like Super Smash Bros, even though I'd argue that holds a far more universal appeal for encompassing a plethora of characters through the ages loved by all and obscure cult inclusions adored by many.

It's not like I would ever deny a game's quality. Games like Uncharted for example, I can't deny that the quality of the game is unparalleled. But the Uncharted universe is still sort of unappealing to me.

Well the only series I care about on Sony is Sly Cooper and inFamous (Got to love SuckerPunch) but this at least sounds interesting. It will give me another reason to get a PS3 besides the inFamous games, Sly 4, Ratchet & Clank, and LittleBigPlanet.

Edited by ThatGuy

Or it could be Unkarted: Drake's Racing, as per Naughty Dog's habit of three main games and a racing game for each of their franchises.

WHO KNOWS.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 7

I would laugh my ass off if this is some "Mario Party" rip off.

Ever hate it when you don't have enough coins for a star? Now with Kratos you can break Toad's neck if he says no. You'll never lose!

Edited by Saint Mike Dawson
  • Thumbs Up 6

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Okay Spyro and Crash probably won't make it in, but others like Lightning from FFXIII and Snake can.

I agree with Crimbo. I couldn't care less about any of the sony IP's. I guess Sackboy is one I can think of that looks like an appealing character. But I was never a fan of Final Fantasy. I don't care about Kratos, Snake was in Brawl, Jak, Sly Cooper etc. I don't care about any of these characters. I just don't see the point in this game.

Well, I guess they should stop making it since you don't care.

On the same topic, I find Zelda games bland and uninteresting so what's the point in making them? Cancel that franchise too.

• Thumbs Up 4

I agree with Crimbo. I couldn't care less about any of the sony IP's. I guess Sackboy is one I can think of that looks like an appealing character. But I was never a fan of Final Fantasy. I don't care about Kratos, Snake was in Brawl, Jak, Sly Cooper etc. I don't care about any of these characters. I just don't see the point in this game.

I don't see a point for a lot of things in this world, be it a video game or not. Does that mean everyone is going to see my point and everything is going to come to an halt? No. Could care less for Sony IP's or not, whose to say this won't shape up to be a good game. Character inclusion shouldn't be the only factor in buying a game.

Because there are people who do. You are not representative of the thousands of people who grew up on the PS1 and PS2 who adore the likes of Jak, Sly, Solid Snake or the FF games.

The majority of the people on this particular forum naturally gravitate towards Nintendo and as such find their IP's more appealing, moreso at least than Sony's IPs, which are obviously more more recent creations than the 25-year strong characters that Nintendo own simply by being the games industry for a longer time.

To say the game is entirely pointless, because you aren't interested in it, is like myself saying that Zelda or Metroid is pointless because I'm not interested in it.

Fun fact:

Until recently, I never knew about, much less care about half the characters in Super Smash Brothers, doesn't stop me from enjoying Brawl or Melee, simply by virtue of it being a good game.

That should be the principle factor in deciding on whether or not you buy a game.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

Cause in my mind I'm imagining it exactly like SSB with sony characters, which is where my not seeing the point in the game came from. But I'll wait to see what they do different. I did love Diddy Kong Racing.

Jak and Daxter HAVE to be playable.

I also have this pipe dream that maybe Spike from Ape Escape could make an appearance, or maybe have one of the monkeys play the role that Shadow did in SSBB...

If this is true, then it looks like I picked a good time to get a PS3.

Being unoriginal doesn't mean that it can't be fun. I love the idea of a Sony equivalent to Smash Bros. just like I loved the idea of a Sega equivalent to Mario Kart. It is a recipe for success.

You can't have a game like this without Ratchet as a playable character tho'. It honestly doesn't make sense that he wasn't mentioned.

I hope this is legitimate. No kidding. I'd love to play something like this on PS3.

you and me both; yet another reason for me to get one. :D currently have a Wii but I'm definitely considering getting a PS3.

Edited by Shinigami