Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

So this game might have a name and it's... erm... well...

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Well it's erm... a little bit like All-Stars racing, but... really they couldn't have come up one better than that?

Source

I would have preferred Title Fight to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. But oh well, crappy names doesn't stop it from being a good game. Hopefully this wouldn't turn out like PlayStation Move Heroes.

I can't actually believe it though. Okay, we will know if this game is 100% REAL this Thursday but I can't believe Paul Gale Network, the first site to announce this was *actually* telling us the truth. I never believed a word they said because they were completely unknown until they released this rumor but I would have to take every word back if this is true. >.>

Anyway I expect Lightning (FFXIII) and Solid Snake (MGS) to be playable characters too in this game if that's the case. The 'Michael' trailer is possibly has something to do with this game.

Anyway I expect Lightning (FFXIII) and Solid Snake (MGS) to be playable characters too in this game if that's the case. The 'Michael' trailer is possibly has something to do with this game.

I doubt it. That would have implied that characters such as Isaac Clarke, Ezio, Chell, Ghost and Paul Phoenix are related to this too. The trailer probably isn't more than just a publicity fanservice ad.

Anyway, as long as it the only ones I continue caring for are Sweet Tooth, Parappa and Ratchet & Clank.

oh god i was gonna compare that awful webcomic to the legendarily shitty godmode and then

PBqWs.jpg

I started giggling uncontrollably

Not sure if this is the joke they intended to make, though.

Better rename the topic Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, this baby has been announced.

So far the characters are.

Kratos

Sly Cooper

Cole

Sweet Tooth

Fat Princess

Parappa

Rico

Nathan Drake

and the stages are

Ratchet & Clank Stage

Jak & Daxter Stage

Patapon Stage

Little Big Planet Stage

Buzz Stage

It basically looks like a Super Smash Bros. game, except with Playstation Heroes.

We will also most likely see Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank and Sackboy.

Third-Party characters will be in this game.

The game will be released Holiday 2012.

Edited by Deadpool the Human Thing
  • Thumbs Up 1

The clown guy is Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal.

And I really wish I could see all of this right now. :<

Correction...

GameTrailers will have footage of this game at midnight tonight (pacific midnight that is).

Edit: It is Gameplay footage.

Better rename the topic Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, this baby has been announced.

So far the characters are.

Kratos

Sly Cooper

Cole

Sweet Tooth

Fat Princess

Parappa

Radok

and the stages are

Ratchet & Clank Stage

Jak & Daxter Stage

Patapon Stage

Little Big Planet Stage

Buzz Stage

It basically looks like a Super Smash Bros. game, except with Playstation Heroes.

We will also most likely see Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank and Sackboy.

Similarities to smash bros

Level design looks similar to smash bros themes

Bringing back forgotten characters

Health Bar looks similar

Basically everything

I don't care if it's a blatant rip off, if it plays amazing, that's all that really matters to me. If it plays like the TMNT game, then I'll have a problem, XD.

I'm super stoked that this is real though. I think Sony has enough IPs as well as connections to other companies to make the roster pretty beefy. I don't know about the count of Brawl, but oh well. The great thing that I could see is probably the definite DLC that'll go with it, like stages, characters, items, etc. I just wish I could watch it right now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Did anyone see Nathan Drake in there? I thought I spotted him once, but I'm not really sure.

Edited by Deadpool the Human Thing

Who cares if it's a rip-off? All-Stars Racing did the same thing and y'all love it so god damn much. I'm really happy that PaRappa is in, but I will only breach maximum excitement when Spike or Specter are confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 3

The following is a photo from the studio making the game... It can be found on 'Super Bot's' own website...

SuperBot_DayOne_003.jpg

Whilst some of the characters are blured out... you might spot a few interesting things...

Look at the DELL monitor... just to the right of the stand... Hello parappa.

At the back, look at the person sat in the checkered top, just to their left is a paper cup, just to the left of that is a strange paper cut out... which looks a lot like Toro from that strange japanese fighting game.

Also if you look even closer, you can spot an actual fight stick as well as PS3 controllers.

This is Toro if you don't know what/who he is.

station.jpg

The white cat at the front with the blushy cheeks... awww look at him dance =p

It's got Parappa, Sly, Cole, and is likely to have Ratchet, Jak, and Sackboy? Ok. *Pulls up a chair* Let's talk, Sony.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Original ideas? What the fuck are those anymore? Just take the most popular thing, add your own characters, and viola an original game!

Joking aside, idea sounds cool. But if it's true, then I hope sony adds some new gameplay features, other then the old "taking popular franchise and replace stages and characters with ours."

Just so you know, Smash Bros wasn't the first ones to use that "add all characters" formula.

Citizens rejoice... Your resident news boy stands on high!

Playing track 3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-E34lL5t5Y

And now... how long before it gets pulled...

Edit: *watches it* Holy shit... lol I can smell Nintendos lawyers from here...

I saw the Beggin' Strips dog in that picture and thought for a second that he would be a playable character.

Shows how much I'm into knowing the character roster for this.

Edited by Modern Tom

Oh wow. If someone showed me this footage and said that it was of the new Smash Bros., I would have believed them for a second. I'm not dismissing the game, but I really am kind of surprised how identical it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

If this topic doesn't explode with daily speculation and hype like the Brawl one years ago, I will be disappointed in all of you, >:U.

Seriously though, I'm getting all sorts of jitters thinking of what could happen here. I mean it's a lot of the same, but with Sony, so much could be different. More stuff? Less stuff? It's like I want to believe there will be quite a bit of 3rd Party due to the boom Brawl created with this news, but then again I'm thinking not.

I hope this game doesn't take too long to come out, I can't wait forever again, D;. At least if you're gonna copy Brawl, you should do the website update thing daily so I have something to cling on to like a sad-sap!

• Thumbs Up 4

Its just smash bros in every sense of the word and they even didn't try to hide it! at least ASR did its best to try to hide the fact that it was copying Mario Kart.

Wow Sony, mix it up alittle if your going to take some one elses IP.