Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

If you ask me, it seems his dialogue when he appears in the Paris stage (it make sense since one line is "Feed me!" and there's one of the leaked modes/minigames called "Feed the Negativitron").

But then, who can be the final boss? ...good question. Come to think of it, a lot of the franchises taken for this game use time/dimension travel, so it can be anyone. Some say Polygon Man, others say Dr. Nefarious; i honestly have no idea. I will just be disappointed if it will really be the Negativitron.

In any case, according to the teasers, tomorrow something will be revealed (surely the last stages, hopefully some plans for future DLC characters).

I'll go with either Polygon Man or Calypso. Both are mostly known by hardcore PSX fans and in a way they aren't "evil".

Polygon Man doesn't have any personality, so they can do whatever they want with him and Calypso usually does what he promises, even if the wishes that he grants turn out to be twisted in some way.

About the teases, I think that it will only be a "Michael" trailer, but this time with the PSASBR characters, bonus points if SB tricked us and reveal something new there (Crash, Snake, Cloud, whatever).

Anyway, that will be a very good way to advertise the game.

Edited by Tmsp

I could probably imagine the final boss being Polygon Man, and Polygon Man uses his eyes or whatever to clone the Playstation All-Stars and the Polygon clones of them attack the All-Stars...I don't know why, but I can just see this.

Edited by Fix-It Freddie

We’ve created this short live-action film called “The All-Star” to celebrate PlayStation All-Stars’ upcoming launch. The film will debut tonight on YouTube at Midnight EST (9:00PM PST), but we wanted to give the PlayStation Nation an advanced screening.

http://youtu.be/rPRXZiffNAQ

They were all just teasers for a short film promoting the game. Just as I figured.

Edited by Chooch

The guy who's posting the game's rips already know who the final boss is, this according to GAF. And the only thing he hinted is that the boss isn't exactly a so hardcore PSX character, considering that, people who are not really on with PS might know who is or recognize.

I still hope is Polygon Man. He will probaly create polygonal versions of the character you're playing with to fight you and you do damage to Polygon Man defeating them. Also, the sound effects from the video... sounds like the PS1 logo intro. Someone already pointed that up, anyway...

But yeah, Polygon Man is my bet. Or Tiny the Tiger laugh.png

Edited by Jango

The guy who's posting the game's rips already know who the final boss is, this according to GAF. And the only thing he hinted is that the boss isn't exactly a so hardcore PSX character, considering that, people who are not really on with PS might know who is or recognize.

I still hope is Polygon Man. He will probaly create polygonal versions of the character you're playing with to fight you and you do damage to Polygon Man defeating them. Also, the sound effects from the video... sounds like the PS1 logo intro. Someone already pointed that up, anyway...

But yeah, Polygon Man is my bet. Or Tiny the Tiger laugh.png

Rumba Lumba is pretty much making up stupid shit to get attention.

Yeah, he leaked all of that music, but he said numerous times that Cloud, Snake, Crash, Wander and even Sora would be in the game and guess what, Omar already confirmed that there are only 20 launch characters.

If he posted proof that those where in the game I would believe in him, but he only posts proofless crap.

If the final boss was in the beta or wherever he gets his info, it would be already leaked by other dudes.

If what he says is actually true and we get to see it in the future, good, but until it is officially revealed or leaked with actual proof I'm not believing any stuff that comes out of Rumba's mouth.

Edited by Tmsp

Rumba Lumba is pretty much making up stupid shit to get attention.

Yeah, he leaked all of that music, but he said numerous times that Cloud, Snake, Crash, Wander and even Sora would be in the game and guess what, Omar already confirmed that there are only 20 launch characters.

If he posted proof that those where in the game I would believe in him, but he only posts proofless crap.

If the final boss was in the beta or wherever he gets his info, it would be already leaked by other dudes.

If what he says is actually true and we get to see it in the future, good, but until it is officially revealed or leaked with actual proof I'm not believing any stuff that comes out of Rumba's mouth.

Honisty, this game's deal with the leaks from people like Paul Gale, TheMink and now Rumba is ridicualus. If superbot would only have a solid stream of infomation like how Brawl had with its Dojo site, than these "Leaks" wouldn't be a problem at all. While I personaly belive Rumba (his "hints" are entertaining, its cool of him to post the stage BGM's), it would be nice if the game would just relase and people can have there hopes in check.

Sorry for the rant; anyway got around to playing the public bata and its great biggrin.png . The expansive movesets and different gameplay styles (Parapa's melee attacks, Redics firearms, Sly's stealth) are great and help separate this from other fighters.

Just got done playing the Beta and I'm gonna pass on this game. It controls better than I originally thought it would, but while in combat I just felt ...I dunno unfulfilled.

Edited by Balding Spider

Just got done playing the Beta for awhile as well. It's...definitely better than I expected, and by that I mean I expected it to be utter shit XD. But nah, I had some good fun with it after I got used to it. It doesn't feel as free as the Smash Bros. series in terms of gameplay, but the fight to build up your meter makes it a different kind of fun I think. After using all the available characters, I found my self maining Sly just about off the bat. Haven't really got a level 3 with him yet, but I can usually wipe out everyone on the screen with the level 2 anyways, so *shrugs.* Parappa is pretty cool too, but I only used him a fraction as much as Sly lawl.

Still not sure if I'll get the game, but maybe if DLC talk comes up later with interesting things, since besides Sly there wasn't really any characters I was dying to play as. Buuut, my roommate has it pre-ordered anyways, so mooching always works, <3.

• Thumbs Up 2

Screw all of you. This game is fun.

I am so glad I finally got to play it.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 6

God of War chest. This chest is said to be a rare spawning item and when opened, gives out a large amount of AP orbs.

24_psabr01.jpg

So it's basically a rarer Nanotech :/

Damn, I'm having lots of fun with this beta.

The reactions from people that I've already played with make me really giggle like a schoolgirl: "Oh man, not that PaRappa again!", "Fuck, that PaRappa? Not going to even try anymore" and "Fucking Cartoon Rapper Dog!" where the best ones so far.

I'm really getting better with PaRappa, I tried Kratos and Fat Princess, but I didn't get that "feel" with them.

The only bad thing about the beta for me is one time I chose PaRappa and when the match started I was Radec, never played with him, but I did really well, 6 kills with the level 3 that I got quickly using some improvised combos and abusing a bit is triangle move.

I can't wait to get this game, I want to try Ratchet, Dante and Spike so bad.

GOTY for me and I only played two different betas so far.

The only bad thing about the beta for me is one time I chose PaRappa and when the match started I was Radec, never played with him.

That happened to me as well o.o

I really want to try a 2vs2 with someone, my friend wants to plat LBP Vita first so he won't play :/

The only bad thing about the beta for me is one time I chose PaRappa and when the match started I was Radec, never played with him,

GOTY for me and I only played two different betas so far.

This happened to me about 3 times in a row yesterday. Chose Sweet Tooth, got Kratos. Chose Parappa, got Kratos, Chose Sly, got Kratos.

Speaking of Radec, Half the time I'm afraid to play as him. Mainly because most of the matches I'm in with Radec, everyone goes after him only. I know some Radec users are gonna be campers, but cmon guys, not everyone who uses Radec is gonna be like that.

From the time I've played as him though, he's really good. Second (next to Kratos) fastest one to gain AP, and his Level 3 can get 6 kills almost always guaranteed.

So I played some 2v2 matches with Kid and I thought that was way better than the normal free for all. It feels pretty badass trying to work together to take out the other two, especially if you kill them both at the same time and there's that moment of just you and your friend on screen going "YEEEEEAAAAAAHHH"

Playing the game on the PS3 feels like a substantial improvement. It's actually kind of fun to play now when I'm not squinting at a shrunk down screen with tiny-ass opponents and stiff controls.

I'm still not a fan of the kill mechanic, it's gotten no less stupid and my opinion on the game trying too hard to be something it isn't with the combo emphasis deterring it's quality is still there. My criticisms haven't changed but the playability is making it somewhat enjoyable here. Super Smash Bros is still my go-to Brawler game at parties and get-togethers but if anyone would ask me if I'd like to play Battle Royale I'd probably say "sure why not". I might pick this up once the price goes down. It's pretty decent.

Apparently there was an event yesterday were the remaining stages were shown (the only screenshot seems to have som sort of "pipo-Goldrake" in the Killzone stage).

Oh, yeah, and Paul Gale caught the occasion to show the final boss in his way:

A6Bl42CCYAASLm1.jpg

Also, there was a match between Omar (as Nariko) and Cl0ckwork (as Raiden), and to be honest, Omar is quite the pro.

On his shirt... I can barely say it's spelled: Quite addicting 'something' max. But yeah, this is totaly a spoiler, the boss is Polygon Man, we already knew it.

heh, I kind of want that shirt.

Some gameplay of San Francisco (Resistance invaded by Ratchet & Clank)

So the Pre-order costumes are the third outfits then.

Edited by Zone Seeker

I just can't seem to enjoy this game as much as I'd like to. It isn't a horrible game, it just doesn't feel like as much fun as I'd like it to. The characters feel too weighted, the combat is too chaotic (half the time it is hard to figure out who is hitting who), and it never feels like my punches do anything because I DON'T HAVE THE SPECIALS BAR FILLED!

I like sneaking around with Sly and all, but the rest of the game so far just feels... lackluster?

So I played some 2v2 matches with Kid and I thought that was way better than the normal free for all. It feels pretty badass trying to work together to take out the other two, especially if you kill them both at the same time and there's that moment of just you and your friend on screen going "YEEEEEAAAAAAHHH"

First two matches I thought it was a free-for-all.

That being said, Team Sly is teh best.

Edited by Rigbone the Kid
  • Thumbs Up 3

So I played a bit and, at the risk of Komodin suing me.... meh.

I was actually looking forward to the game, but I just ain't havin' too much fun with this beta. It's not bad per se, but you just kinda run around whackin' each other, not really accomplishing anything beyond filing up your meters. Then when somebody does they just kick everyone else's ass and it's just kinda.... meh. The stage isn't especially interesting, the items aren't especially interesting, at the end of the day, it's basically what everyone else predicted: a less good Smash Bros with a Sony coat of paint and a bad kill mechanic.

It's not to say I didn't have any fun, I had some, but the beta just didn't especially excite me.

• Thumbs Up 1