Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

I really want to like this game, but for some reason I just can't get into it, maybe it's just the beta itself. Another thing is I want to see how other characters play, without paying however much this game will cost. I mean sure, most betas don't feature full content or anything, but this game is mainly about the characters, I want to see how some of the other ones work, because I didn't really like the movesets of the beta characters. Eh, I dunno, these opinions might just be mine, but I probably won't be purchasing it unless they have a price cut or sale on PSN.

http://www.eventhubs...-battle-royale/ Trophies.

The Platinum name is a nice reference.

They look easy, I will try to get Platinum on it.

Also, the trophies pretty much confirm that there aren't more characters, so half of those "leaks" and "theories" that vagabondize the net are dead.

Now those DLC ones...

Edit: Two new rivaleries:

- Radec vs Sir Daniel

- Sly vs Drake

This leaves only 2 left and that means...

- Evil Cole vs Fat Princess

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 4

So do each character have the same rival when playing as each of them? for example Drake's rival is Sly, so will Sly have Drake as his rival or someone different?

Hoping it's different for more cutscenes and characters we expect to have rivaleries.

I really want to see Drake freak out from Sweet Tooth.

Edited by Zone Seeker

So does each character have the same rival when playing as each of them?

for example Drake's rival is Sly, so will Sly have Drake as his rival or someone different?

We don't know, but I'm expecting it to be Ratchet vs Jak and then Jak vs Ratchet, maybe they'll use different cutscenes or something.

Anyway, here is a video of the San Francisco stage (Resistance/Ratchet & Clank):

The stage intro (at 1:05) is amazing.

Edited by Tmsp

^ Isn't it Ratchet and Clank that mashes up with it?

"The Doctor is in.." trophy says use Ratchet's Level 3 on San Francisco and It's Dr. Nefarious as the icon.

Edited by Zone Seeker

^ Isn't it Ratchet and Clank that mashes up with it?

"The Doctor is in.." trophy says use Ratchets Level 3 on San Francisco and It's Dr. Nefarious as the icon.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

With all the fixing at some the problems i had with this game (like the music and the voice acting in general) i really put up my hype again.

If only, if just only we could have more then 20 characters... but at this point, if we can hope in DLC, so be it.

For the TeamIco thing is such a shame: while i think neither Wander or Ico could be good characters, a stage certanly could have been something.

Oh, and here are more information on Crash, the rest of the "final four", the Michael styled trailer and Paul Gale: http://forums.naught...ar/m-p/38624191

1. I asked about the final four (crash, cloud, wander, snake) now the way he responded did not deny if they will eventually come out but he assured me they aren't on the disc. "what you see now is the final build of the game." "We've got 20 characters, the characters you are seeing now are the ones that will be on disc when it comes out next month." i should point out that my friend asked him regarding crash bandicoot and activision and he said "We are still working on it." So he at least confirmed they are pushing for crash. when he asked for my name so he can sign my poster I joked that it wasn't for me, that it was for my mom and my mom wanted crash bandicoot. "She's Old - school" I told him. He laughed and it wasn't until i got home that i realized that he put "To Matt from Omar! P.S. I WANT CRASH TOO!! so that was awesome!

2. I asked him about the trailer the one that recently came out and asked if there will be anymore like that in the coming weeks. "He smiled and said "There is 1 more! It's coming up!" I said WHEN! and he laughed and i told him don't tell me.. Stay Tuned? He laughed and said "Exactly"

3. Paul Gale - Now I know paul wasn't out on a mission to ruin this game.And in fact, I think he only meant well. But in the process it was sad to hear that Omar wasn't his biggest fan. "Paul Gale is a phony" Omar said. " I met the guy like 1 time." "And His supposed source was only with us once in a focus testing group which was when the game was still in it's title fight days." "What Paul's doing is he is going around giving out false info to the fans and then we take the heat for it when it turns out to be untrue." "I dont know who he is. I have no personal ties to him."

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 1

Walkthroughs on the four characters Nariko, Raiden, Evil Cole and Sir Daniel; shows their moves, playstyles and new stages such as Raiden's walkthrough with Columbia in action. Also various colours for the characters.

http://www.eventhubs...-battle-royale/

PSASBRSteele.jpg

Amazon UK posted a picture of a "Steelbook Edition"

Edited by Zone Seeker

Wow, this trophies seems to be quite... fair, especially for a fighting game. No "win X consecutive online matches" bullcrap this time.

I hope that if there will be future DLC characters/stages, there will be additional trophies too.

So the trophies Eventhubs had were all of them then, curious if it had any secret trophies and they just didn't list them.

Walkthroughs on the four characters Nariko, Raiden, Evil Cole and Sir Daniel; shows their moves, playstyles and new stages such as Raiden's walkthrough with Columbia in action. Also various colours for the characters.

http://www.eventhubs...-battle-royale/

PSASBRSteele.jpg

Amazon UK posted a picture of a "Steelbook Edition"

Just want to say, I say, that this looks ugly as shit.

• Thumbs Up 7

Please, please let that be a placeholder cover or something. That cover isn't attractive at all...Superbot, you need this game to be a success and covers attract kids in stores...that ugly piece of crap will do more repelling than attract...

Oh, that's just some special "steelbook edition" or somethin', that's not gonna be the default cover that the majority of consumers will see.

Yeah, Im guessing you get that only if you want to order the Steelbook Edition. (Not sure why you would want it considering how it looks)

Standard boxes look like this.

European

PlayStationAllStars.jpg

North America

5fa026980800f3d7e92814ba56d3ad18.jpg

Both of them could possibly be changed.

Edited by Zone Seeker

Ratchet & Clank and Sackboy aren't popular in the EU or something? =o

The EU cover sucks without these characters. I rather have someone like Sackboy or Ratchet taking up most of the cover than Kratos. Kratos isn't that appealing to kids. Missed opportunity there.

I rather have someone like Sackboy or Ratchet taking up most of the cover than Kratos. Kratos isn't that appealing to kids.

Probably because Kratos is the Playstation version of Mario.

Edited by Crash Freddicoot

Not really. Playstation doesn't really have much in the ways of a commonly accepted, defining mascot. God of War games just turned into another big budget series rather than an enterprise.

Sackboy was originally supposed to serve that every-man quota and was made to be a mascot character for Playstation. Whether they succeeded I guess is arguable since no one can ever agree who Sony's "big" character is due to how they go around marketing things.

Then we have a problem. This is probably why Sony has no good icon and not doing so well. I thought Sackboy was suppose to be PlayStation's gaming icon since he's a very cute, friendly character but that doesn't seem to be the case (at least for the EU side of things).

Most moms will not let their small child play God of War (I certainly wouldn't) and therefore Kratos will be unknown to most kids. Bad move on whoever done the EU cover.

- I asked why Crash Bandicoot was not in the game and the response I was given was, "It's Activision."

No fucking shit.

I've been saying that for a few months now.

In America/Europe, Sackboy is the primar Sony mascot; in Japan, is Toro (along with Kuro).

You'd think with how much Activision likes money they'd be happy to make a few extra bucks lending out an IP that's gathering dust in the back of their closet. But I guess Bobby Kotick's first love will always be being a dick for the hell of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sony Computer Entertainment - Toro

PlayStation - Crash Bandicoot (former), Spyro the Dragon (former), and Polygon Man (current)

PlayStation 2 - Ratchet & Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper

PlayStation 3 - Sackboy, Nathan Drake, and Kratos

I just took this from a Wikipedia page on the mascots for just about everything, I know Wikipedia is not very credible but it's a good general understanding no?

Edited by Zone Seeker

You'd think with how much Activision likes money they'd be happy to make a few extra bucks lending out an IP that's gathering dust in the back of their closet. But I guess Bobby Kotick's first love will always be being a dick for the hell of it.

Honestly, I think the reason why is because Activision is probably charging SuperBot twice as much for the use of Crash Bandicoot, when compared to other third party characters like Big Daddy or Donte. SuperBot just don't have that kind of money nor budget right now, so they're probably trying to work out a deal.

But making a deal with Activision is like making a deal with the devil. Either way, your soul is gone.