Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Kat and Emmett Graves? Free?

PROFIT-

Fair enough, i'll take the digital version of the game: wish i could do the pre-order for the costumes, but sadly every time i tried with other games, something went horribly wrong.

I just hope the extra costumes will be DLC sometimes later.

WOW fack! DLC already? And FREE? WAY TO GO SUPERBOT! Kat and Emmett? I liked! But c'mon now SuperBot, get this bandicoot for Christ sake, I know you're still trying!

Edited by Jango

Polygon Man fight screens:

He goes through 3 cycles of you fighting the polygon team while he changes into random hazards from stages. Then he comes down for you to get a hit in.

255qebr.jpg

6zttoy.jpg

ioom0h.jpg

34erfja.jpg

Edited by FlameKoetsu
  • Thumbs Up 1

I will not spoil myself... I will not spoil myse... DAMNIT I'M WEAK, THIS LOOKS GOOD. Curious about what Polygon Mang has to say before the fight :)

I will not spoil myself... I will not spoil myse... DAMNIT I'M WEAK, THIS LOOKS GOOD. Curious about what Polygon Mang has to say before the fight smile.png

Before the fight, he says a thing about whatever character you're playing as and during it he talks about how good he is.

Also, its from here if you wanna watch: http://www.twitch.tv/megascorchertv

• Thumbs Up 1

Comments from Seth Killian on PSBlog:

+ Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

Yes! In addition to their own story mode, DLC characters will have their own trials and challenges, as well as additional unlockable costume, plus a very cool little thing we like to call their “minion” :) We treat downloadable characters just like the full fledged on-disc characters.

+ Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

I assume they will still be available for a price after 2 weeks, but there’s no reason to wait, so download them when they go live and they’re free for all.

I’d love to see Crash and I’d never say never, but not yet.

+ Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

3. Square-Enix have great characters and a great place in PS history, but all of our discussions about these things are covered by non-disclosure agreements, so we can’t talk about even whether we’re talking about characters.

+ Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:44 pm said:

Not sure where to start on this, but no, we didn’t create 2 characters in 7 days. In fact they are still not created :) That’s why the only images we have to show in this announcement are existing (old) images from their original games. The team has shifted focus to be full-force on these guys now that the launch game has gone gold, so development will happen faster than with the other characters (team has more experience making All-Stars characters, and are only focused on this, rather than on every other aspect of the game as well), but it’s going to be a while before they’re ready.

Also I know everyone likes to imagine an evil corporate scheme even when they’re getting something for free, but making something, then removing it from a game, then adding it back later as DLC (but for free) just isn’t a very good evil plan. If we presented that in the Board Room of Ultimate Evil, I think they would kick us out for fail :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/15/first-playstation-all-stars-dlc-kat-and-emmett-join-the-battle-royale-for-free/#comments

Comments from Seth Killian on PSBlog:

http://blog.us.plays...-free/#comments

Glad to know that the future DLC characters will be treated the same way as on-disk characters.

Anyway, since the game is out in some days and DLC is what most people are talking about now (That and I don't have anything to do) I decided to make my DLC list with rivalries:

eWFJp.png

I posted this in another place, but everyone started talking about Neptunia.

I know that most are 3rd party, but almost every important Sony character is already in the game.

So, what do you guys think? Does any of those have a chance?

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

A nice list to be honest; i still don't get how the Journey character could work and Ro...

What?

What is this?

Ok, as an italian, i am deeply ashamed. Just... why?

A nice list to be honest; i still don't get how the Journey character could work and Ro...

What?

What is this?

Ok, as an italian, i am deeply ashamed. Just... why?

They where able to make Fat Princess and PaRappa playable, so I guess they could come out with something for them.

About that video, well... it looks like shit, especially Cole. One thing is the regular EU ad that had "bad" costumes on purpose, but this? Goddamit, that Cole, man, that Cole!

Edited by Tmsp

Glad to know that the future DLC characters will be treated the same way as on-disk characters.

Anyway, since the game is out in some days and DLC is what most people are talking about now (That and I don't have anything to do) I decided to make my DLC list with rivalries:

eWFJp.png

I posted this in another place, but everyone started talking about Neptunia.

I know that most are 3rd party, but almost every important Sony character is already in the game.

So, what do you guys think? Does any of those have a chance?

3rd party or not, Crash, Spyro and Cloud are synonymous of PlayStation 1, and so is Metal Gear and even Tony Hawk. What they want? A playable Nissan Skyline? (not that this is impossible) tongue.png Most important 1st parties are here, except Shadow of the Colossus (who we're not getting sadly) or Wipeout. Maybe even Jet Moto lol

http://pt.wikipedia....r_Entertainment

I still crossing my fingers for Crash or Spyro, what's wrong with Activision anyway? The bastards are already effin millionaries with the Call of Duty series...

Edited by Jango

Ok, I saw the final boss battle. It's... nothing special at all :/ Was expecting much more.

Well, it's a fighting game. If the boss isn't an OP regular character like Akuma, Ogre or the likes of King of Fighters bosses they usually are like that. Just look at Galactus for example.

Also, I like how Polygon Man is more ironic and full of himself instead of evil dude #342, some of his quotes are interesting like (should I spoiler this?)

"Eh, I can replace you easily."

I was hoping that the Polygon Mang would do more than create clones, he could like, throw some meteors shaped like the PS buttons or something like that. Or use an eye-laser to break the arena. But yeah, I liked his quotes.

Reviews so far are fairly positive. I might pick this up when it's lower in price and a few DLC characters are out.

It's funny how half the reviews need to put a disclaimer at the top concerning the game's individuality in comparison to Smash Bros. I get that it is its own game, and that the similarities aren't as big as people would claim, but the preparation for trolling in each review is hilarious.

I might get this for Christmas! Actually I haven't been keeping up as much as I'd like to due to work n such but I'd like to ask some questions about the game.

1. Any pre-order content? If so I might have to pre-order asap rather than getting for Christmas!
  2. About the DLC characters, I remember it saying they'd be free for two weeks like a beta period or something, does this mean that after two weeks people who downloaded em will have to pay to keep using them, or if you download them for free will you have them forever?

That second thing's been bugging me since I first heard about the DLC thing actually.

Most reviewers are complaining at the lack of variety in modes and an incredibly lackluster singleplayer.

Might get it when it's got a heavy discount then. I could handle MvC3's ridiculously small amount of content because the system was so fun and the crossovers were fun and well done, but I don't feel this has any of that. My opinion since the demo hasn't changed and it seems as if the presentation is still rather phoned in.

• Thumbs Up 2

Most reviewers are complaining at the lack of variety in modes and an incredibly lackluster singleplayer.

Might get it when it's got a heavy discount then. I could handle MvC3's ridiculously small amount of content because the system was so fun and the crossovers were fun and well done, but I don't feel this has any of that. My opinion since the demo hasn't changed and it seems as if the presentation is still rather phoned in.

The lack of a Single Player mode and only two specific multiplayer modes (stock and time) are the biggest complaints I'm hearing.

Does anyone know if the preorder DLC costumes will possibly be available at a later date?

I might get this for Christmas! Actually I haven't been keeping up as much as I'd like to due to work n such but I'd like to ask some questions about the game.

1. Any pre-order content? If so I might have to pre-order asap rather than getting for Christmas!

2. About the DLC characters, I remember it saying they'd be free for two weeks like a beta period or something, does this mean that after two weeks people who downloaded em will have to pay to keep using them, or if you download them for free will you have them forever?

That second thing's been bugging me since I first heard about the DLC thing actually.

1- If you pre-ordered the game you would get exclusive costumes for all the characters, but the game is already out today in the US and will be tomorrow in the Europe.

2- Both Kat and Emmett will be available for free during two weeks early next year, if you get them during those two weeks they will be forever yours for no cost, but if you let the two weeks skip you will most likely have to pay for them.

Can't wait to get my hands on this, I'll probably get it tomorrow after school.

Edited by Tmsp

1- If you pre-ordered the game you would get exclusive costumes for all the characters, but the games is already out today in the US and will be tomorrow in the Europe.

2- Both Kat and Emmett will be available for free during two weeks early next year, if you get them during those two weeks they will be forever yours for no cost, but if you let the two weeks skip you will most likely have to pay for them.

Oop darn, no costumes for me then.

It's a shame, Kratos actually looks bearable with hair.