Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Is there anyone who could help me with the Friendly Competition trophy? I need to play online with some friend in versus mode to unlock it and the only person that I know that has the game is currently busy with exams and can't play for a while.

My PSN name is Tmsp95.

Wow...Transformed, the very bad F1 Superstars, Angry Birds Trilogy, Black Ops: Declassified... even Book of Spells is beating Battle Royale at this point. This game just managed to scrape Top 40 too.

All goes to poor marketing and lack of well known characters. No Crash, no Spyro, no Snake...

I'm actually frightened that there may not be a sequel.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Yeah even if Crash isn't a "PlayStation character", he's got almost the kind of mascot power Mario or Sonic have, this game really needed someone as iconic as Crash.

It's bizarre it hasn't sold, was the marketing that bad?

Admittedly I didn't realise it was out til I asked about it here.

Wow...Transformed, the very bad F1 Superstars, Angry Birds Trilogy, Black Ops: Declassified... even Book of Spells is beating Battle Royale at this point. This game just managed to scrape Top 40 too.

All goes to poor marketing and lack of well known characters. No Crash, no Spyro, no Snake...

I'm actually frightened that there may not be a sequel.

What really makes me cringe is that even the fucking Family Guy game topped this. Oh, and that Angry Birds thing.

The poor marketing I can understand, but the lack of well known characters? Yeah, I can see how Crash, Spyro, Snake and Cloud could have an impact on people, but most of the roster is already actually well known Playstation characters, you have Ratchet, Kratos, Nathan and Sackboy.

To tell the truth, I never saw anyone giving a fuck about Spyro or Cloud (and Crash to some point) before this game was announced. Me as a Playstation fan actually wanted those characters in, but most of the people just seem to complain about them not being in it because it is a "popular opinion" just like that "Sonic sucks" thing we all know.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 4

What really makes me cringe is that even the fucking Family Guy game topped this. Oh, and that Angry Birds thing.

The poor marketing I can understand, but the lack of well known characters? Yeah, I can see how Crash, Spyro, Snake and Cloud could have an impact on people, but most of the roster is already actually well known Playstation characters, you have Ratchet, Kratos, Nathan and Sackboy.

To tell the truth, I never saw anyone giving a fuck about Spyro or Cloud (and Crash to some point) before this game was announced. Me as a Playstation fan actually wanted those characters in, but most of the people just seem to complain about them not being in it because it is a "popular opinion" just like that "Sonic sucks" thing we all know.

But what is shocking me the most is Book of Spells. This is a PS3-Move only game, there is a very limited audience....it's not even a game, and it's beating Battle Royale.

Family Guy I understand, Family Guy's one of FOX's most viewed shows ever so their audience is big. The cashgrab games are being a non-cashgrab game...and it's a good game from what I'm seeing. Sony has to do something fast. Before they lose money creating this game more than actually earning.

Yeah but if you're going to make a PlayStation All-Stars game, no matter how well you put it, Crash and Spyro is kind of a must as they were PS1 icons. I admit I was a bit stupid saying this game has no "well known" characters as it has Nathan and Sackboy but these characters have yet to reach iconic status. For example, will we see Nathan Drake again after Uncharted 3?

Kratos is iconic only for the hardcores. Kids won't know who Kratos is because their moms will not let them get God of War.

So anybody still play this up for some matches? Only friend I want to play this with is always "maybe later" and never does ;_;

Some member of Atlus talked about possible Persona characters in PSASBR.

PCmZO.png

Oh God, hold me if this gets somewhere! But fuck Teddie, give me either the Protagonist from P3 or P4.

If they manage to get one of those two this will be my favorite roster from a crossover game ever made.

To be honest, i will prefer a lot the protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, but Teddie is a really fun character, so why not?

Let's add Atlus in the "It's up to Superbot" list along with NIS Entertainment, Oddworld Inhabitants, Ed Boon and the others.

And someone ask something like this to SEGA for maybe Selvaria Bles or Kazuma Kiryu.

Edited by Teoskaven

To be honest, i will prefer a lot the protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, but Teddie is a really fun character, so why not?

Let's add Atlus in the "It's up to Superbot" list along with NIS Entertainment, Oddworld Inhabitants, Ed Boon and the others.

And someone ask something like this to SEGA for maybe Selvaria Bles or Kazuma Kiryu.

Say whatever you guys want, but the characters from P3 really grew on me unlike anyone from a game ever had, so P3 Protagonist would be perfect, at least for me. I can already see a Super being the All-Out Attack with Junpei, Yukari and Aegis.

I like Teddie, but sometimes I can't just bear him.

Talking about those companies saying that "It's up to Superbot" just makes me wonder why won't SB just work with them instead of trying to get Crash which seems impossible thanks to Activision. I would prefer all those characters instead of just one, even if it is Crash Bandicoot. I still want him though.

Of course we don't know anything about those characters situation, so this is just speculation.

Edited by Tmsp

Remember that final decisions are up to Sony: they are the big men that decides wich company Superbot can talk and wich not. We only have to hope that someone will be listened.

In the meantime, why not remind Omar or Seth about this on their PSBlog?

So, would anybody here join a tournament of the game for SSMB?

I'd be down for that bro.Again, if anyone wants to throw down or team up for a few matches, my PSN is ShadowJetX. I'm playin right now btw.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind it if only because it'd give me something to do.

I'd also be up for playing now.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's random. I hate it.

Every time I boot up the game and get someone like Dante or Fat Princess I just turn the game off and turn it back on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here are the patch notes for version 1.02 of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale:

Yo! PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has been out for a week and a half, and we’ve already gotten heaps of constructive feedback from the community regarding everything from game balance to the online experience. With that said, we have our first patch going live early next week. Changes include:
  • A new item, Medusa’s Gaze, has been added to the game
  • View Invites has been added to the Party Bar Menu
  • Voice chat icon added to loading screens
  • AI logic enhancements
  • Network performance improvements
    • Issue where players were stuck with a different character than the one picked has been addressed
    • Issue with matchmaking in regards to player skill has been addressed
    • Overall improvements to network connectivity
    • Sackboy changes

• Level 1 Super - Increase cost from 100 to 150 AP
      • Level 2 Super - Increase cost from 325 to 400 AP
      • Level 3 Super - Increase cost from 600 to 750 AP
      • Jam Session (Neutral Triangle) - Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 10 AP
      • Cakeinator (Neutral Circle) - Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 20 AP

We want to thank everyone for all the feedback we’ve received since launch. It helps us tremendously in improving the All-Stars experience. We’ll continue to closely monitor the data coming in as players online continue to kick-punch-chop their way through the leaderboards! And we ask that you keep tweeting, posting, and discussing ways that your experience with the game can be improved.

Daniel “Clockw0rk” Maniago

Community Manager

As Clockw0rk mentioned, in the article. The patch is scheduled to drop sometime next week.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd be fine with sack boys stupid cake launcher having any amount of ap gain, as long as it was turned into a charge/wind up attack instead. The thing that makes it so cheap is the amount of distance it covers with a single button press, meaning the cheap asses can spam that shit without much risk. I don't mind it being retro active or anything like that, I just want its unfair range to be adressed.

The main issue with Sackboy wasn't really addressed. His level 3 is still incredibly strong and and you can net four to five kills with a single use of it. And that's in 2v2 not even FFA.

Edited by Chooch