Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Kat & Emmet DLC coming Feburary 12th

Kat graces PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale with her presence, as an up-close melee fighter who utilizes her ability to manipulate gravity to turn the tide in battle. Players who enjoyed Gravity Rush on PS Vita know that Kat loves to bend gravity to allow her to dash, slide, and fly from one place to another, and her All-Stars incarnation is no exception. Those who enjoy AP burst combos and varied mobility will definitely gravitate towards Kat.

Emmett Graves from Starhawk joins the fray! He brings his signature “Build & Battle” style from Starhawk, calling down different structures to aid him in battle, including Rift Extractors for AP and Flak Turrets that fire at will. Aside from his default rifle and pistol, Emmett can also call for additional weaponry in the form of shotgun and rocket launcher loadouts, allowing him to adapt to any situation. These loadouts will also change his level 1 super, giving him a total of five supers to choose from!

Rest assured that these DLC characters will be getting the same treatment the rest of our cast was given, including updated official website pages with moves and bios, alternate costumes, Arcade Mode cutscenes, Trial Modes, and more.

Our newest level, Fearless — a mash-up between Heavenly Sword and Wipeout — will also be available to purchase in February. Please note that purchasing Fearless will allow you to select the stage offline and in non-ranked lobbies, while those who choose not to purchase it can still enjoy it in ranked games online.

Kat and Emmett will be available to download February 12th, and will be free for the first two weeks, so mark your calendar and get them as soon as possible! We’re not stopping there though. We still have some more All-Stars on the way, so keep your eyes peeled in March for more info!

Kat Trailer

Emmett Trailer

Cool.
  Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 8

Both look awesome, especially Kat.

Emmett seems much better and fun to use now thanks to this video unlike how it was in that interview.

Can’t wait for March though. Who will be the next All-Stars to join the game? Abe, Scorpion, Teddie, Ty and someone from Disgaea seem to be the most likely to make it into the game, but I would prefer the likes of Yu, Asagi and Kiryu Kazuma.

I'd like to have Abe, and Crash make it in as DLC next, but Hell, Abe has more of a chance of making it in than Crash. I'msorryIjustwantCrashsobadly. 

Dunno if good or bad news, but on Gaf, Mink had another leak about the next 2 characters:

-Zeus (God of War): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46673210&postcount=8653

-Isaac Clark (Dead Space) : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46674072&postcount=8666

Personally, i don't believe exactly like before; after all, he supposedly leaked Ryu Hayabusa as DLC but that information hasn't been confirmed. So, until it's officialy stated by Superbot, i'll not be fooled by this.

Edited by Teoskaven

Dunno if good or bad news, but on Gaf, Mink had another leak about the next 2 characters:

-Zeus (God of War): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46673210&postcount=8653

-Isaac Clark (Dead Space) : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46674072&postcount=8666

Personally, i don't believe exactly like before; after all, he supposedly leaked Ryu Hayabusa as DLC but that information hasn't been confirmed. So, until it's officialy stated by Superbot, i'll not be fooled by this.

He was right with Evil Cole and that stuff back in the day, but he fucked up all of his credibility with Lightning and Ryu. Not gonna believe in him again.

Isaac and Zeus? Yeah, fuck off. Zeus its just laughable.

Edited by Tmsp

Well assuming it's true. Zeus' rival? Thats easy, either Kratos or whats-her-name?

Issac? I'm not against him being included, in fact it could be a really interesting character... but... who is his rival going to be?

Omar confirmed somewhere that DLC characters are rival each other (btw, that makes Kat and Emmett rivals), so if that leak is true, the two are rivals each other (wich is bullcrap: Lightning would have made a lot more sense).

Also, EA is supposedly guilt of bad marketing decisions and greed recently: i'm not seeing them giving one of their franchise's character as a DLC that not everyone may buy.

Well assuming it's true. Zeus' rival? Thats easy, either Kratos or whats-her-name?

Issac? I'm not against him being included, in fact it could be a really interesting character... but... who is his rival going to be?

If this was true and Zeus for some really fucking stupid reason was in the game, he would have some rival being paired with him as DLC, Kratos already has Sweet Tooth as a rival and so does Nariko (if she is the one you're talking about) with Dante.

Again, this all sounds pretty retarded and SB would have to be on some hardcore drugs to add fricking Zeus and Isaac when some companies like Atlus, NIS, Oddworld Inhabitants and Krome Studios are interested in having their characters in the game.

Edited by Tmsp

Kinda hope at least the Isaac thing is true. I was just talking to a friend the other day that he seems like a character that would've been in there really. Not really caring too much for Zeus though.

For characters with some possibility, I honestly really would like Abe from Oddworld to make it in. He was a pretty big PS1 classic, and the Just Add Water seems like the bunch that would instantly jump on that deal if offered to them. The only issue I see it having is if the character he wasn't bundled up with wasn't some super freaky popular character, since I don't think Abe could really sell the DLC alone. Maybe pair him with the generic Dragonborn from the cover of Skyrim haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unless they're future DLC, but not going to be paired together?

They have dropped a huge hint that there will be a Chimera from Resistance at one point. That would work well with Issac. Issac & Zeus is just the most random pairing ever.

As much as I dislike the series, Lighting would have been a great rival for Zeus.

But again, assuming this is true, whilst I'm sure Zeus is a popular choice with GOW fans, with Kratos and whats-her-name, do we really need another one of 'those characters' in the game? Just can't get excited for that one at all.

Then again, thinking about Issac, you know he's going to be a 'gun' character, and we do have a few of those already.

Nariko (if she is the one you're talking about) with Dante

Yeah thats the one.

ಠ_ಠ

Well the mink did say Ryu Hsubasa or whoever was going to be DLC alongside Kat and that didn't happen, along with a lot of other things that were no shows, ( Mushashi, Lightning, Etc.). So I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Those inclusions don't even really make any sense to me. Not to mention Zeus is a pretty shitty character to include in an otherwise pretty solid roster.

I'm almost sure there will be only 2 more DLC characters and they will be: Abe (Oddworld) and Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden). And the arena will be Oddworld mixed with Gravity Rush.

Edited by Jango

I'm almost sure there will be only 2 more DLC characters and they will be: Abe (Oddworld) and Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden). And the arena will be Oddworld mixed with Gravity Rush.

Ryu Hayabusa was just a rumor created by TheMink, I highly doubt that he will ever be in this.

About Abe, it looks like SB just doesn't give a crap about him, Oddworld Inhabitants showed interest in having Abe in All-Stars while the game was in the middle of development and since then they say that SB never contacted them about it. And let's be realistic, what kind of moveset would they give Abe? Possessing people is what he does and how would it work out in this kind of game?

In my opinion, the next DLC characters may be: Chimera/Nathan Hale (Resistance), Joel and Ellie (The Last of Us), Iota (Tearaway), Kutaru (Puppeteer) and if SB start using their brains: Yu (Persona), Etna/Hero Prinny (Disgaea) and Ty (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger).

Edit: By the way, Omar was in some podcast yesterday and here is some new info:

- People asked about Crash/Spyro and he responded saying that game developers such as himself had no control over what characters make it in the game, that's in the hands of publishers.

- They're considering creating new game modes like capture the flag (like Digimon Rumble Arena 2).

- They're considering ways to balance some characters like Kratos and Sly.

- He hopes to create DLC for the game for a very long time.

- The new DLC will come sooner than Kat/Emmet did.

- There will be a new patch to fix online/connectivity errors (Thank God).

- He doesn't want to force a fan base, such as by buying his way into Evo.

- Playstation Plus members may get special content like costumes in the future.

- Regarding RPG characters. They said they did experiments and have some good ideas, they just don't have any characters yet (Yes they have, open your damn eyes), but they definitely have some systems and ideas already there.

Edited by Tmsp

- People asked about Crash/Spyro and he responded saying that game developers such as himself had no control over what characters make it in the

Again, godamnit Activision!

Well, can't wait to see the non-Crash DLCs that are coming in the very near future.

Still want to buy the game, who's going to gift me?

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

When they said they didn't have an RPG character yet, it could mean they haven't decided on which one yet but they have the ideas set. Also about Abe, didn't Omar say that Abe was one of his favorite characters of all time? Going by that and Oddworld Inhabitants willingness to have him in the game, Abe might be more likely than you think.

- Regarding RPG characters. They said they did experiments and have some good ideas, they just don't have any characters yet (Yes they have, open your damn eyes), but they definitely have some systems and ideas already there.

Seriously, what the hell? I mean, i could easily write down a moveset for people like Dart, Rose, Jaster, Zegram, Jeanne, Vahn, Songi or Leonard, and that's are just the first part possibilities.

Edited by Teoskaven

A patch were released recently that fixed online issues and some characters like Raiden and Kratos, but i found 2 other things added that just weren't there before:

-a new item, some sort of schyte;

-in the Franzea stage, now the Metal Gear Ray at the end just faint when smashed by the LocoRoco instead of leaving a crater;

I'm sure I've seen that Scythe before when I was playing the game. But I have to admit, it was a very rare drop, think I only ever saw it twice.

I'm sure I've seen that Scythe before when I was playing the game. But I have to admit, it was a very rare drop, think I only ever saw it twice.

I think it's the case then :/