Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

6dGa9yK.jpg
https://twitter.com/flarkminator/status/294888243718156288

Thought I'd post it here since semi-related.
That's strange though, especially since they were just hiring a month ago.

How has PSASBR been doing sales wise? I know it's not doing that great (the poor marketing and advertising is to blame for that), but I didn't know it was doing that bad either.

Edited by Nintendoga

How has PSASBR been doing sales wise? I know it's not doing that great (the poor marketing and advertising is to blame for that), but I didn't know it was doing that bad either.

Sub-90k it's first month in America. ~200k-ish as of now altogether.

6dGa9yK.jpg

https://twitter.com/flarkminator/status/294888243718156288

Thought I'd post it here since semi-related.

That's strange though, especially since they were just hiring a month ago.

The money to get Crash doesn't just magically appear out of nowhere.

Edited by Tmsp

I didn't pay much attention to sales, but I would assume its doing alright digitally, for it still be among the top 10 ps3 games on Psn. Retail however, seems to not be doing so great.

It's probably because of the bombing in the UK. Too bad, i hope they will resist nontheless.

On another note, the recent patch showed that the DLC stage has a trohpy (silver, given by doing a level 3 with Nariko in that stage): we should probably expect then other trophies with DLC (the most obvious, "Finish arcade mode with Kat/Emmett").

http://blog.asia.playstation.com/community/hk/en/playstation_network/playstation_store/blog/2013/01/29/whats-on-psn-this-week--29th-january

Minions DLC announced:

Ashelin (Jak & Daxter)
Buzz (Buzz!!)
Carmelita (Sly)
Colossus of Rhodes (God of War)
Elena (Uncharted)
Eucadian Soldier (Warhawk)
Kuro (Toro the Cat)
Lil (Escape Plan)
Logan Graves (Starhawk)
Lucy Kuo (inFamous)
Mr. Grimm (Twisted Metal)
Ninja (Fat Princess)
Pirate (Fat Princess)
Polyphemus (God of War)
Rico (Killzone)
Suzuki (?)
The Professor (Ape Escape)
Visari (Killzone)

Uhm... ok. Not sure if i'll buy this, but if they are at a nice prize, maybe i'll check them out.

Edited by Teoskaven

Is that free DLC or are they seriously expecting people to pay for that? It would be a nice free DLC but as a paid for thing... erm... no!

I don't even care about any of those minions outside of Kuro and Carmelita.

I think I'll just be sticking with PJ.

Suzuki (?)

Suzuki is that old dude from Hot Shots Golf. Jasmine or Nick would have been better choices but whatever.

I'm pretty surprised that they didn't add a Chimera minion yet since they love Resistance so much.

Anyway, I only used a minion to get some trophie, I don't really care about them.

Ah! So I finally have the game!

I was able to play the demo a while back, and even though I had some frustrating moments with it, I did appreciate what I played. At first, I wasn't all that in a hurry to get it, but the 40 dollar price was able to sway me a bit.

To get to the the nitty gritty, I like what I'm playing here. I really enjoy how it's a party fighter, like Smash Bros., but with more emphasis on c-c-combos and finisher knock-outs!!! It feels great, fast paced and I hope it becomes grows into a series.

So far, I've been using Colonel Radec a lot, since he was my favorite Killzone character... I definitely noticed a lot of other Radecs that just want to camp and snipe all day, but I don't do that. Now don't get it wrong, I use still use it quite a bit because the sniper rifle is one of his bread and butter moves, but I do try to mix it up a bit. And I'm not afraid to fight up close.

I'm trying out Sly, Sackboy and Sir Daniel as well, but Radec has most of my attention at the moment. I'm still learning the ropes so I'm getting my ass kicked here and there. But sometimes a good ass whoopin' is one of the best ways for me to learn.

Did.....

Did Sony just kill off what could've been a very successful franchise with alot of potential, along with the seemingly good developer?

Just what the fuck? Like seriously?

Oh boy, poor Suberbot. Their game wasn't amazing, but still sucks for them.

However I have a feeling that Sony would handle the game/marketing much better than Superbot has. I don't think there's much reason to worry about PSAS.

On a lighter note, I should have this game tomorrow! Bring on Kat! Are they still doing the thing where you get the Vita version free with the PS3 version? Cause if not I'll admittedly be a little annoyed!

Edited by SuperLink

Did.....

Did Sony just kill off what could've been a very successful franchise with alot of potential, along with the seemingly good developer?

Just what the fuck? Like seriously?

Just look at what Nintendo did, while the first Smash Bros wasn't super sucsessful or critically aclaimed, they actually had FAITH in what the series could be and that's why we have a super popular series today.

Sony is just a bunch of fucking quiters, man.

lolkotaku

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

My condolences to everyone who didn't get reabsorbed somewhere and is out of a job.

But it's not too surprising, Sony doesn't have the obligation to keep funding independent studios out of pity. Shame as I'd have been interested in a formula change from these guys.

Just look at what Nintendo did, while the first Smash Bros wasn't super sucsessful or critically aclaimed, they actually had FAITH in what the series could be and that's why we have a super popular series today.

The first Smash Bros was a multimillion seller.

And internally developed.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Can we get a source other than Kotaku?

Joystiq?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's an old one about the lay-offs.

Edited by Blue Blood

The article on Joystiq says nothing about ties being completely severed with SuperBot and only mentions the layoffs that were previously reported.

Thanks a lot, Kotaku.

Edited by Chooch

Can we get a source other than Kotaku?

Nevermind, looking at other sites like joystiq and IGN, they didn't cut ties off with Superbot, they only made a reduction in workers today.

Jesus fucking Christ Kotaku, get your shit together. Though I guess I can't expect better from the same people who made this article

http://kotaku.com/5888677/how-i-achieved-greatness-on-a-sonic-the-hedgehog+themed-bed

Well it doesn't sound like Superbot is dead.

Just that they won't be handling patches and DLC anymore. They could possibly come back any time for a sequel.

Wait, is it basically the usual Kotaku bullshit poured with some of their fanboy vitriol? Why hasn't that shitty site been banned forever, then?

Y'know that with the current state of the industry I'm more willing to believe a studio is down than not.

SuperBot emailed them confirming that they had severed their ties with Sony.

The company is still around but they're not going to do the next PSAS that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Superbot "Hey! We're the guys who made PS All Stars! Yeah you remember, That one game that didn't sell that well and had all those ip's that were owned by Sony.... yeah....so uh, if you could just give us a couple million dollars to make a new game and we'll be on our merry way!"

I honestly don't have that much faith that they will survive on their own, especially in this gaming industry. If this was their decision they should've stuck with Sony a few more years and make some more games that would get them a reputation. If it wasn't, then I hope all those poor souls do okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

No Crash, no Spyro (sorry but these characters were very important in PS' history), menus bland (I mean really bland), boring story modes, poor online (no lobbies, no tourny mode, no spectate mode)...and lastly there is NO polish outside gameplay.

A poor man's version of SSB if you ask me. But, I've seen worse though (Cartoon Network Punchtime). So if someone is bored of Brawl and wants to try something similar, this will be the recommended game. But it's a step down on everything except gameplay (I think the gameplay is great).

It's obvious Superbot isn't good with stuff outside the 'gameplay mechanics'. They need a different team to help them with the polish and modes.

I was rooting for this game before, but after playing it and exploring the modes, I feel that this game had potential but fell short.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 3