Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Catching up with the whole SuperBot layoffs and ties cutdown.

One great dissapointment. But it's not like I wasn't expecting. Crap marketing, suspicious roster of characters, bad single player and general blandness. The roster, something they could fix with DLC, is going downhill, since I highly doubt we will get anything after Kat and Emmett. They cancelled Abe? Well fuck, here goes another great addition of a classic PS series to the limbo. Like I said so many times, the game already started wrong because it didn't have Crash or Spyro, two of the strongest pillars in all the PS history. I know very well lots of you will go against me and say FF or even Metal Gear series were the real PlayStation initial boost, but nah.

The game's still pretty good, I only have played the beta, and I liked it a lot, but for the most people, will always be "a worsened SmashBros". Is like when I see people talking about Saints Row or Driver "is a worsened GTA"...

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

I suspect theres more to this cutting of the ties than we think.

I get the feeling that SuperBot were doing a few odd things that Sony were not happy with, forget about the final product for just a moment and think about it's development and the after release.

Before the game was officially announced we had that whole Paul Gale thing, but then we had those screens of characters being leaked out, remember those photos which were taken directly from monitors? How was someone able to do that without anyone else noticing.

They uploaded all those photos to their official website clearly showing Sony characters, all of which were to appear in the game, and this happened before the game was announced.

There was that patch which for a short time broke the game (I wasn't affected by this but I read a lot about it).

When you add all that to how many people including myself have said that the menus are so basic and the music was a bit naff, it looks like SuperBot might have been going off on one just a tad.

The game itself is fun and I very much enjoyed it... however, it does become a bit of a lonely experience when playing alone, the main joy comes from the multiplayer modes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I though on the exactly same thing. Sony cutting ties with SB just because the game didn't sold well? /lolno, Sony isn't that mean.

It's like SuperBot started to mess around with apparently really serious bussines to Sony and they went all like: "-You know what, you wanna fool around with the game, now fool around alone *door slams*".

Or a shit of this sort.

Edited by Jango

Oh wasn't there also a job advert not too long ago which even hinted at a sequel for the game? That was put out by Superbot, and this was before Christmas wasn't it? It was definately to work at SuperBot and had nothing to do with Sony, yet they're advertising for a sequel even though the DLC isn't out yet?

Oh wasn't there also a job advert not too long ago which even hinted at a sequel for the game? That was put out by Superbot, and this was before Christmas wasn't it? It was definately to work at SuperBot and had nothing to do with Sony, yet they're advertising for a sequel even though the DLC isn't out yet?

But wait, a sequel can happen without Sony? Sony has the rights over the IPs they publish or I'm mixing stuff again? :S If Santa Monica is the only one with SB now, we can only expect this game: God of War Battle Royale.

Edited by Jango

But wait, a sequel can happen without Sony? Sony has the rights over the IPs they publish or I'm mixing stuff again? :S If Santa Monica is the only one with SB now, we can only expect this game: God of Was Battle Royale.

Thats what I mean. It's like if Sumo suddenly put out a job advert for someone to work on Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed 2.

Sony owns the game, they've just comissioned SuperBot to make it for them. For SuperBot to put out job adverts hinting at sequels isn't very professional at all, nor can they even honor that role since they'd have to pitch their take on a sequel to Sony long after the game was released.

And don't forget, these job adverts came only a few weeks before the first news about layoffs broke.

I looked through the job adverts (assuming these two are the ones being referred) and I didn't see anything that even so much as implicitly suggested that a sequel to All-Stars was being considered, much less in development. "Knowledge of fighting games" as well as being required to know about their latest, biggest game put out yet sounds fairly standard. Seems to me like the whole internet jumped the gun with their assumptions.

Nevermind that many developers tend to say that a sequel is something "they'd like to do," etc. without declaring it officially. If this was the reason that Sony severed ties with SuperBot, then it would have been extremely petty.

The biggest problem I think people are having with this game is that.... they look at the game and think.... "Smash Brothers."

I'm finding myself liking this game more than smash tbh. Setting up a combo to ultimately kill your opponent seems more satisfying to me. The hud and presentation may be bland, the roster small and uninteresting to some, but I find myself playing it for hours on end. Not to mention they put Spike in it, so I'm sold.

So Abe wasn't even confirmed by Superbot in the first place. >.<

EDIT: Where did this Abe stuff come from anyway?

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

So Abe wasn't even confirmed by Superbot in the first place. >.<

EDIT: Where did this Abe stuff come from anyway?

That guy tweeted saying that Abe would have been DLC in April/May but SB cancelled it. Some time after posting that he deleted the tweet for some reason (Sony probably said something) and now he's playing dumb.

I saw it and even screenshoted it.

The new All-Stars Update is live in the US PSN store.

EjiqfGV.png

Go get Kat and Emmett!

Also, SE refused to have Lara in the game since they wanted her to be only playable in the new game. That may change in the future:

"With regards to the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale question. We
love what the guys and girls over at Sony have achieved with ASBR, they
even approached us about the possibility of including Lara. But to be
honest to us it all boiled down to timing. We really set out to create a
reboot where the first time you experienced playing as Lara Croft it
was in our game on March 5th and nowhere else. We’ll see what happens in
the future."

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132316&page=3

• Thumbs Up 1

The new All-Stars Update is live in the US PSN store.

Go get Kat and Emmett!

Also, SE refused to have Lara in the game since they wanted her to be only playable in the new game. That may change in the future:

"With regards to the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale question. We

love what the guys and girls over at Sony have achieved with ASBR, they

even approached us about the possibility of including Lara. But to be

honest to us it all boiled down to timing. We really set out to create a

reboot where the first time you experienced playing as Lara Croft it

was in our game on March 5th and nowhere else. We’ll see what happens in

the future."

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132316&page=3

I don't see it in the store at all... you sure? Or does it come with the patch?

Edit:

Downloaded the patch and they are there, just locked.... they are NOT on the U.S store yet

Edited by LunarEdge

Yeah. I don't see it either. I even searched the Add-ons and came up with nothing.

Darn... I was ready to control gravity and make easy money. :U

Yeah. I don't see it either. I even searched the Add-ons and came up with nothing.

Darn... I was ready to control gravity and make easy money. :U

if you install the patch... they are just there.... taunting me....

damn you Tmsp...

3ozhve.jpg

if you install the patch... they are just there.... taunting me....

damn you Tmsp...

Sorry, I thought that they where locked because I have an EU account. They will be avaible any time now though , so keep refreshing the store.

Sorry, I thought that they where locked because I have an EU account. They will be avaible any time now though , so keep refreshing the store.

i thought the U.S store didn't update until around 4pm est?

i thought the U.S store didn't update until around 4pm est?

Well, the guys from the PSASBR where saying that the store would update anytime now. I have no idea when it does update.

Well, the guys from the PSASBR where saying that the store would update anytime now. I have no idea when it does update.

those liars XD I'll just wait patiently then. I see that you're playing... you got the characters I presume?

The US PlayStation Store updates late in the afternoon. It usually comes even later if there are some major releases coming that week.

The last PlayStation Store update didn't go live until around 7PM EST or 4PM PST.

Edited by Chooch

those liars XD I'll just wait patiently then. I see that you're playing... you got the characters I presume?

Yes, they are locked and it directs me to the store.

Sorry if I didn't reply earlier, the game always fucks my net connection for some reason.

The US PlayStation Store updates late in the afternoon. It usually comes even later if there are some major releases coming that week.

The last PlayStation Store update didn't go live until around 7PM EST or 4PM PST.

i was thinking 4pm pst.... but i just threw est out there XD Well, Guess I won't be able to play Kat or black guy any time soon... poopie

Does anyone know the price of these guys btw? Seems like all the current DLC of this game is pretty pricy everytime I check it out, so I wouldn't put it past if the two together are like 10-15 bucks lawl.