Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

You know with how the game physically looks, I'm not that impressed either. However, it makes me wonder how much more polishing it has, if any. If it's aimed at the end of this year, is there time for that kinda stuff you think? I'm not exactly the most savvy person on the building process of a game, but I just feel there's still time to tweak things, idk.

They are far from finishing this game. They are planning to release this game this holiday and that could change to later if it's not polished enough. I believe in this development team, because these people are ex-Santa Monica guys who gave us Kratos.

Gameplay footage without a voice over or random music.

Parappa has a breakdance taunt @2:45

At one point Parappa picks up one of Kratos' weapons and begins using it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh! So that stage is from Hot Shots Golf, not Jak & Daxter! @.@

Oh! So that stage is from Hot Shots Golf, not Jak & Daxter! @.@

It's a mixture of both, the village is aparently Jak & Daxter but then the characters from Hot Shots Golf appear and start to play on it, every stage is a 'mash up' of different franchises.

So wait, you can't KO anyone until you get your Final Smash rip-off? That's like...the dumbest mechanic ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

So wait, you can't KO anyone until you get your Final Smash rip-off? That's like...the dumbest mechanic ever.

I think you can also KO other opponents using standard attacks in open stages like the Hot Shots Golf/Jak & Daxter one.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

I like how the stages allow more obscure franchise to make little appearances every now and then, from having Patapons randomly appear behind Hades in the underworld stage, Buzz taking over the Little Big Planet stage, and golfers sending down a shower of deadly golfballs in the Jak and Daxter stage

This game actually looks pretty fun (even if it may be a blatant Smash Bros. clone) and it could turn out to be the game that makes me breakdown and get a PS3

I like the concept, but... it just looks so dull. I guess Sony isn't typically known for it's bright, colourful games, but there have been a few. But even then, that Jak and Daxter level is so... well, dull.

The characters are dark and tiny, the backgrounds are visually unimpressive and the info bars look unclear as to what exactly they pertain to. And overall... again, it just seems dull.

Smash Bros looks like something is happening, even when it isn't (except for Subspace Emissary, that looked pretty dull too). This just...

I'm overcome with a decided feeling of 'meh'.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't like how every little hit seems to knock you in the air quite a bit

And you also can't KO opponenets with them.

Also, that double-edged spear or whatever it was isn't Kratos' weapon. Sly used it when Kratos wasn't around at all. I think it's just a pick-up, like the laser sword in Smash Brothers.

You know what gets me? How quiet the game is. None of the stages seem to have continuing background music, which just makes the cartoonish sound effects and voices even more jarring alongside the gloomy level designs.

Yo Guys!

The first act of the story to Sony's Smash Bros. was just leaked!!!

Here's a quote I captured from the image before it was deleted

SUBSPACE EMISSARY (Playstation version)

Kratos and Sackboy are fighting in an arena when the Not Halberd comes out of nowhere with generic looking demons, so they fight them off before Kratos is blasted away by a METEOR and Sackboy has to fight ... another generic Demon.

But then a Bomb is dropped off by a demon in robes, so Sackboy uses his WarpSta- Teleportation device to escape from the blown up Arena.

Meanwhile, Jak and Daxter are in a forest when Jak finds Spyro sleeping on a stump. Then the not Halberd appears and they follow it. Also Crash and Coco are chasing after their stolen Crystals from the NOT-Goombas and shit. Then they find Cortex who fires a gun at Crash while he spins Coco away from Danger. Crash is then turned into a Doll.

(END OF ACT 1)

And btw. about Playstation Battle Royal, this looks good, but not amazing imo. Though I do like the idea, the characters seem really hard to see (which I guess is why they added the glow)

• Thumbs Up 2

When Sony borrowed Nintendo's franchise, they forgot to take one key ingredient.

The essence.

When I play Smash Bros, I'm usually able to keep track of EVERYTHING going on. Here, I can't keep track of anything. I don't know why.

I'm really hoping SuperBot manages to pull off a good game.

Also please bring it to the Vita.

Well, except it's a blatant final smash rather than a hyper, super, or cross art combo. Shit, they even get the blue fire. That's not the real issue, though. It's that the concept for getting points is freakin' stupid. How would anyone like Street Fighter if the only way to do damage was Supers or Ultras?

Edited by Crow T. Robot

What does that even matter? Those are two entirely different games.

One of them isn't even a real fighting game. Can you guess which?

Great. Looks like I'll have to finally get a PS3. If they have Sora or someone from the KH franchise.......TAKE MY FREAKING MUNNY! Oh yeah and Crash and that purple dragon :P

What does that even matter? Those are two entirely different games.

One of them isn't even a real fighting game. Can you guess which?

Better comparison then - it'd be like if scoring KO's in Smash Bros. would only count by using items.

I seriously don't see how raising a strawman in regards to "real fighting games" discredits his opinion, cause quite honestly on paper that sounds completely backwards, lest we forget the reason he brought up the Street Fighter comparison is because Dob was the one who called him out for comparing it to Smash Bros to begin with.

Wow. I just came into this topic. Sony just adds more to it's library of reasons to get a PS3. But damn if money wasn't a problem for me.

Also, the "OMG Smash Bros. RIP-OFF" comments you see around the net is just hilarious. I can't believe that in this day and age people still haven't gotten in their heads that games tend to borrow ideas from other games, straight down to the basic concept.

In no particular order, we have rip-offs of FPSes (Halo, COD, Crysis, Battlefield, and MANY more)

Rip-offs of fighting games (3D: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter/ 2D: Street fighter, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue)

Rip-offs of racing games (too many to fucking list)

Rip-offs of open world games (Just Cause, Prototype, GTA, Assassin's Creed)

Rip-offs of Hack'n'Slash (DMC, God of War, Bayonetta)

And various other genres.

Fanboy's will be fanboys.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 9

You know what kinda game should be made, it should be one that has tons of video game characters from companies like Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Namco, Square-Enix, etc. Also, there should be tons of other characters from different anime, cartoons, and comics (Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, etc). All the characters would then be fighting each other.

Imagine how big that game would be.

Edited by vgmaster

You know what kinda game should be made, it should be one that has tons of video game characters from companies like Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Namco, Square-Enix, etc. Also, there should be tons of other characters from different anime, cartoons, and comics (Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, etc). All the characters would then be fighting each other.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Thumbs Up 1

There's almost nothing that grinds my gears more than people being so quick to call something a blatant ripoff without giving it a chance, as long as it's FUN then what does it matter? And FYI, Smash Bros was NOT the first to start the whole "bring in multiple IP characters" thing.

It's not the concept, it's the fact that the game looks almost identical to Super Smash Brothers Brawl. It can, and probably will be, a nice game but, that doesn't change the fact that it's a Brawl clone.

It's not the concept, it's the fact that the game looks almost identical to Super Smash Brothers Brawl. It can, and probably will be, a nice game but, that doesn't change the fact that it's a Brawl clone.

^^^Thats what I'm saying, its a nice game and I'd buy it if I had a PS3 I'm a fan of Smash games and I like SONY's characters. But theres just no changing the fact that it has copied Smash Bros on almost everything and has done some tweaking on its machanics.