Rouge Fan

Sonic Channel

Eggman is good. Just casually explaining the "evolution" of his "Eggniks" and how much better to worse to better they got. Demotivate Orbot and Cubot by showing them what they could've been, that's how awful they are...except they aren't awful at all.

Eggman is the best, that's just a common factoid.

With the abundance of Shadow at the Crush 40 concert and now this, I'm surprised SEGA is bringing this much attention to the Shadow game. Like, I'm not too bothered by the edgy concepts Shadow has like guns and motorcycles (probably because I'm used to it) but I know how controversial Shadow was and it takes SEGA guts to show Shadow in a motorcycle again.

Is there a translated version f this Robotnik comic? Also, can't wait for the Shadow one. It'll be real interesting as to where they take this one. They have referenced past stuff before (Amy's clairvoyant side and Knuckle's clan) so maybe we get a Black Doom reference? 

Looks like someone translated first :P And the translation is very nice too!

It reminds me, is Orbot and Cubot designed by the Japanese Sega staff like all the other characters? They look kinda different from the rest of the robots.

But then, the style seem to gradually change over time so...

1 hour ago, Fusion Runners said:

Also, it's nice to see Wave getting a Wallpaper again! she looks good! Though I don't know what festival she's celebrating...

The Staff Blog says shes dancing a YOSAKOI, type of dance originated from a festival of same name, with a naruko, type of rattle, in a summer festival. Huh, I knew the basic cultural events but never knew about that; SEGA's teaching us Japanese culture in detail, that's kinda awesome.

Cream might come after Rouge being she was created inbetween SA2 and Heroes, or it might be Omega, The Chaotix after, the Babylon Rogues, then Blaze should be next after that, then Silver, possibly Marine (if they still care about her), then likely the Zeti and Sticks.

Metal Sonic, Chip and the Wisp might also get something.

Ah, that Shadow Hedgehog. He would be angst-ing about Maria while on his Motor Vehicular Bike, wouldn't he? On the brighter side, it also happens to be filled with an adorable anticipation from one: Maria Robotnik. She gets to see the stasis based inactive body of her first real friend that isn't her grand-pappy.

I was listening to the SA1 soundtrack when this started playing as I was reading that Shadow comic.

I've really been enjoying this series of comic strips Sonic Channel has been doing lately. I feel they actually make use of the characters in fun and interesting ways that are perfectly in character. For example, Knuckles is thinking seriously about the clan he's descended from and what they did, but he's also a goof and a hothead who doesn't really think about the consequences of what he's doing (destroying a tree because he got hit on the head with a fruit). And then we have a quiet moment with Shadow, presumably looking up at ARK and dozing off in the park and remembering a moment of how he got his name and what it means for him, before waking up and riding out.

It's stuff like this makes me glad Sonic Team does still remember their characters even if the writing and direction of their current games doesn't give us that.