Rouge Fan

Sonic Channel

Well it's not like Archie Omega is an absolute sweetheart, guy has a fetish for blowing shit up and is always ready to cause som havoc to anyone that gets in his way but it never felt like he would ever attack Shadow or Rouge unless he needed to; not because Rouge teases him for accepting a flower crown from Chao. Heck, I wouldn't see that from Omega in the games either. It's just feels a bit wrong for me, it might just be me so meh.

I'm not ok with it, personally.

On 8/19/2016 at 0:38 AM, Zaysho said:

And new Knuckles wallpaper

wallpaper_142_knuckles_11_pc_.png

Judging by the date, they were just added.

I hope the comic can use these SC designs one day, some of them can be really interesting.

Here is your resized wallpaper for August 2016 (Camping Knuckles):
https://www.mediafire.com/?yi73zyzlb1c592j

And if you want any wallpapers from 2011 to present:
[click me!]

I wish they could too...but I sense some of them are far more "Japanese" than what the comic would want to convey. Like imagine having an issue where the Freedom Fighters turn up to the Chaotix's door and Vector's there in the robe performing Setsubun duties. Little kids would be like "what the heck is the croc doing???"

More neutral costumes like that one above or the various Western outfits of Amy and Rouge? Probably have more of a chance. 

While many of the design being Japanese-tradition themed can be a problem...pretty much most of the seasonal one seem to be difficult to use, like Shadow with the ugly awesome winter scarf, Metal Sonic dressed up as a reaper...can the comic even celebrate these things? They're in a somewhat dystopian universe constantly fighting Eggman. To me the FF celebrating Halloween/Christmas/Thanksgiving/Valentines/holidays it doesn't fit the universe at all :( 

I can imagine some of the generic outfit for girls like raincoat Amy, shawl/cape Blaze, coat Rogue, and possible stuff like Tails's laser sword making an appearance, but stuff like camping/straw hat Knuckles? Hawaiian Jet? They need a good reason for appearing.

20 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Eh, you got the covers. Remember the winter jumper variant they had way back near the start of the reboot. They've also done two Valentines variants from that point (one ended up being released in May, but still). 

Ah, true. Totally forgot they can do covers that are completely unrelated to the story. But story-wise, those designs pretty difficult to handle.

It would be funny if Archie start occasionally teaching kids Japanese tradition via covers. Probably anger a lot of people.

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

While many of the design being Japanese-tradition themed can be a problem...pretty much most of the seasonal one seem to be difficult to use, like Shadow with the ugly awesome winter scarf, Metal Sonic dressed up as a reaper...can the comic even celebrate these things? They're in a somewhat dystopian universe constantly fighting Eggman. To me the FF celebrating Halloween/Christmas/Thanksgiving/Valentines/holidays it doesn't fit the universe at all :(

I think you're exaggerating a bit. Sure, Eggman may be very powerful and actually have an empire, unlike in the games, but it's certainly not as bad as it usually was in the pre-reboot days, and it certainly isn't a "dystopia". I can see Sonic and his friends relaxing and having fun every now and again, and just celebrating holidays when they come up certainly doesn't seem like too much.

On 8/19/2016 at 3:06 AM, Kabalni said:

Well it's not like Archie Omega is an absolute sweetheart, guy has a fetish for blowing shit up and is always ready to cause som havoc to anyone that gets in his way but it never felt like he would ever attack Shadow or Rouge unless he needed to; not because Rouge teases him for accepting a flower crown from Chao. Heck, I wouldn't see that from Omega in the games either. It's just feels a bit wrong for me, it might just be me so meh.

I'm not ok with it, personally.

If it were for a gag, then sure he would.

If it were for something that was actually meant to be taken seriously like this then of course he wouldn't. 

I always worry about this when I'm writing. Stuff that's done obviously for the sake of an over-the-top reactionary joke being taken seriously is something I often worry about. I kind of wish everyone would just get it instead of saying stuff like "That's wrong" and "That would never happen." Yeah I know it would never happen. I'm not stupid. I didn't have this character do this thing with the intention of the actual consequences from doing it being something that could take place. It's a joke. Dammit.

I guess I got a little personal there but still. 

1 hour ago, Apple Kid said:

For real. I actually love seeing Sonic characters (or I guess characters from any franchise I enjoy) doing normal, every day things. Like Shadow taking care of and loving his bike, or him snowboarding with the scarf and goggles, or Tails with a cap playing with an RC airplane. It's so cool and easy to imagine the characters sitting down and really enjoying their hobbies between these crazy adventures.

sonic-channel-last-minute-continue.jpgwallpaper_135_shadow_11_pc.png

800px-SSS_SONIC05.png

Just waiting for the bus (even when you don't need to) is still a load of fun and I want to see more of it =)

Stuff like that does... I suppose for lack of a better word "humanize" these characters more often then not.

When you're playing a game, they mostly tend to put the focus on the conflict that's going on rather then the off-duty stuff. It's a shame because I've never seen that as an excuse. There's definitely places within the games where they could put in some scenes of the characters down time to comfortably weave in whatever development or bits of exposition that they want. It'd be a lot more comfortable then having them stand in a room while some guy explains to them what's going on and what they have to do to fix it.

Like I'd imagine Tails flying his little robot plane around on the shore of an ocean while Sonic ran up to him after completing a level and telling him that the Eggman's got an evil brain-washing shampoo on the market that they need to go shut down... or something. I dunno.

1 hour ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I think you're exaggerating a bit. Sure, Eggman may be very powerful and actually have an empire, unlike in the games, but it's certainly not as bad as it usually was in the pre-reboot days, and it certainly isn't a "dystopia". I can see Sonic and his friends relaxing and having fun every now and again, and just celebrating holidays when they come up certainly doesn't seem like too much.

Yeah, I did make it sound worse than it is a bit.

In the game I see Eggman as a threat but only when he got to a certain point. I can imagine Sonic and his friends spending most of their time doing what they want, only go fight Eggman when he becomes dangerous enough as a threat or causes actual damage, then Eggman gets defeated and has to start over while Sonic goes back to their daily lives.

But I see the comic as Eggman being a constant threat that they can't just "defeat" and wait for his next attack; attacking one of his bases or the weapon he is currently using won't hurt him that much, he will immediately threaten them again, and he has enough power to actually defeat the FF if he gets serious. When Eggman isn't actually attacking the main characters as FF seem to be busy: spending time collecting Emeralds (I know game Sonic does that, but they are more easy-going and not a priority), sneaking in Eggman's base, checking on the teams, checking on the people. They may have fun during their mission in some arcs, but I can't really imagine them actually making time to celebrate holidays (maybe putting up decorations or having fun for a short time, but not too much), or doing something fun like Tails and Sonic taking a trip on the Tornado. They have NICOLE to alert them and Eggman isn't aggressively attacking all the time but I dunno.

Of course this is how I see it, maybe it's similar to the game and they just happen to constantly fight Eggman because it's an adaption and comic prefer actions more, maybe they actually have a good break now and then.

Just now, Dr. Chaotix said:

Like I'd imagine Tails flying his little robot plane around on the shore of an ocean while Sonic ran up to him after completing a level and telling him that the Eggman's got an evil brain-washing shampoo on the market that they need to go shut down... or something. I dunno.

Even though...it's slightly less child-like, isn't Tails testing out a pro-type plane and wanting to impress Sonic by showing him a new one something like that. I mean, all the characters besides Gamma E-102 start out on the characters down time. Not as casual as Amy...who starts off on a casual strip though, from shopping and walking home. Though it's probsly cause she's a goil.

25 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Even though...it's slightly less child-like, isn't Tails testing out a pro-type plane and wanting to impress Sonic by showing him a new one something like that. I mean, all the characters besides Gamma E-102 start out on the characters down time. Not as casual as Amy...who starts off on a casual strip though, from shopping and walking home. Though it's probsly cause she's a goil.

Amy's story in Sonic Adventure seemed to imply that she hasn't seen Sonic in quite some time, and that she's been living a normal, simple, average everyday life since then. 

The characters not ever seeing Sonic for long stretches of time was a constant thing, up until Colors, it might as well have been a running gag. It didn't stop Tails from doing his own things, that's just what they chose to focus on.

On 8/21/2016 at 1:48 PM, VEDJ-F said:

I wish they could too...but I sense some of them are far more "Japanese" than what the comic would want to convey. Like imagine having an issue where the Freedom Fighters turn up to the Chaotix's door and Vector's there in the robe performing Setsubun duties. Little kids would be like "what the heck is the croc doing???"

More neutral costumes like that one above or the various Western outfits of Amy and Rouge? Probably have more of a chance. 

The Japanese holiday ones I can understand but theirs still plenty of designs they can use, so long as they can get approval.