Rouge Fan

Sonic Channel

12 hours ago, LukA8 said:

Gotta love how Vector lined up Espio and Charmy like suspects, making an investigation out of everything. This also feels strangely familiar; except in Shadow the Hedgehog it was Vector who stole Charmy's pudding and secretly ate it. But of course they're the suspects. At least it seems Charmy beat him up for it in the end.

I was actually about to bring that up.

12 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh hey, Uekawa was able to salvage one design from Sonic X. I guess the copyrights don't care about houses.

I've seen so many people use that house whenever they take a chance at drawing the agency. Might as well make it their official headquarters. 

I doubt we'll ever see the agency in the games again outside of literally the first time they've ever had a cutscene appearance before. 

On 9/9/2016 at 4:08 PM, LukA8 said:

Also pretty interesting is that they actually mentioned Knuckles' Chaotix for the first time as part of Vector's history, considering all three of them were rebooted for Heroes. If the translator was correct, they also say Espio was already a detective back then (no mention of Mighty), so the trio must have formed their business after the events of that game.

I don't understand... Where is Knuckles mentioned? Thanks!

Sticks the Badger appears because she heard there was pratfall hijinks! But she can't see any around...

25th_160916_01.png

Next week completes the Chaotix trio as Charmy finally gets his own comic after three side appearances.

25th_160916_02.jpg

Also like how both Vector and Espio end their comics being grievously injured. 

Oh yeah, and checked the description of the game appearances. No mention of Sonic the Fighters or Sonic Rivals 2, despite them being significant to Espio in having him playable alone, like how Free Riders is to Vector. It's even odder for Fighters since that is a downloadable title in Japan so was very much viable to be linked to. 

It was shadow for last years Halloween right? or am I thinking of a previous one?...

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh yeah, and checked the description of the game appearances. No mention of Sonic the Fighters or Sonic Rivals 2, despite them being significant to Espio in having him playable alone, like how Free Riders is to Vector. It's even odder for Fighters since that is a downloadable title in Japan so was very much viable to be linked to. 

Oversight maybe? they are pretty forgettable titles.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Sticks the Badger appears because she heard there was pratfall hijinks! But she can't see any around...

25th_160916_01.png

Very odd to see Sticks in anything main line Sonic canon now. it does make me wonder if they will legitimately implement her at some point.

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

25th_160916_01.png

Next week completes the Chaotix trio as Charmy finally gets his own comic after three side appearances.

25th_160916_02.jpg

Also like how both Vector and Espio end their comics being grievously injured. 

I guess you could say that Espio got ninja'd. ?

3 hours ago, goku262002 said:

Oversight maybe? they are pretty forgettable titles.

Kinda doubt it, to be honest. Sonic Rivals 2 wasn't released in Japan, so it's not as if native fans would be able to pick up that history if they wanted to, and Sonic the Fighters is from the days before Heroes and a spin-off, so it's probably not worth acknowledging to them (while Chaotix, as much as that game isn't recognised in-continuity, is worth the mention as it was their actual debut). 

It also makes me doubt that they'll ever touch on the dynamic with Silver ever again if they don't consider it important to Espio's character. Like, even Cream's blurb acknowledged Sonic Rush and her role as Blaze's support, and her friendship with Emerl in Battle.

Speaking of Cream, I think it's odd that Uekawa showed last issue that he clearly wanted to keep the Chaotix's house (that hasn't been shown in a game) consistent between the version he originally designed, yet what we see of Cream's house is different to the other three times we've seen it in-game (Sonic Advance 3, Sonic Battle, Sonic Rush). I guess he just doesn't care as much about that.  

I like how you don't need to understand any of the dialogue for the Espio comic to be funny.  It's completely self-explanatory.  (Not that I'm not curious to know what it says, mind.)

Crud, I have to correct myself.

These comics have all been drawn by some guy who goes by the name Osakawa (or Chibisemi), so any indications of stuff in continuity (house designs, Sticks, whatevs) have either been specified to him by SEGA in a sort of guide or he's had freedom to be liberal with the concepts. 

Yeah, was just about to ask if there was any reason you kept mentioning Uekawa :V Judging by art style, I'd wager this is the guy who does the Sonic manga in recent years- Unleashed, Colours, Generations.

My stupid PC wouldn't let me access this website for "security reasons" (what???)...here we go

espio (1).png

(The title sound lame but that's the English version of "konoha gakure no jyutsu" in Sonic according to wiki)

Since the other translator explained the simpified excerpt from Hagakure, I don't have many interesting funfact to talk about.:P

I don't know if it's just me, but the dialogue of Espio feels weird in this manga series. He sounds softer and more...young? It lacks the strictness/integrity I was expecting from his character. (His actions are totally ok, excluding some of his reaction in Vector's manga)

Also I never bothered to look at the JP version of Boom, but Sticks have a suffix/end her sentence with "ccha". I...was not expecting that. I went over to hear to her actual voice in the JP version and she speaks very clearly without any interesting quirk except the Cha part. Listening to her English speech I was expecting her to speak either more clumsily/muttering-ish or with some accent.