Rouge Fan

Sonic Channel

Is nobody going to comment about Amy blushing and the little heart bubble over her head in Blaze's comic? Ok.

I'm just gonna go and ship AmyxBlaze and try to see how many "hints" I can find. I know it's unlikely and probably going to be full of headcanon BS, but let me have my lesbian ship. 

1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

Nega?!

What the literal fuck?!?!

Can't believe Sonic Team even remembers him, only thing hes relevant for nowadays is Olympics fodder.

Also what does the blurb underneath the comic say about Blaze?

Sonic '06 is mentioned (specifically mentioning her and Silver's one track mind or something) alongside Rush, Rush Adventure, and Black Knight. 

What I find most interesting about the entire blurb history is this one (google translated) line;

"the charm of the older woman was felt"

This is because the line is part of the Sonic '06 recap, so it's in relation to Silver. Him being a character who is pretty much exactly the same age as Blaze. So it seems Sonic Team really take character behaviour into account when classifying them as older or younger generally, and not just the actual stated age. 

If  I would have to guess, the next one after Nega is either Sticks or the Rogues, would be cool to see Vanilla get one, since she showed up already and we don't see much of her nowadays.

If we're going by  a villain theme, Metal Sonic and the Deadly Six perhaps?

Edit: Oh, and Orbot and Cubot, they're a possibility too.

Marine's not surprising, she's got her own Sonic Channel profile.

Eggman Nega isn't either; he may not have a Sonic Channel profile, but he has official stock art, he's been the baddie in both of the exclusive handheld series after the Advance series and has been a mainstay in the Mario and Sonic series, which has given him decent exposure. He's still very much in their eye.

Now, the likes of Pachacamac and Vanilla I would not expect to get their own comic, since they're simply not even important enough for that. 

33 minutes ago, Lucid Dream said:

Geez, what's with the Eggman Nega hate? 

He's been an important villain in at least 3 games and he's definitely smarter and more malicious than Eggman.

And you've just answered your own question. Between his design and personalty, he reeks of a 13 year old's fancharacter on DeviantArt. You know the ones; the ones that are just Sonic edited in MS Paint and have "Powers: Faster than Sonic, Shadow, Silver etc." in the description. Only applied to Eggman, and in this case, Eggman being light-hearted and funny while being simultaeneously capable of being dangerous and a total bastard is what makes him a likeable character to many fans. Making him "more malicious" and stripping him of all the charm he had only serves to make a boring villain. I mean, say what you will about Zavok and the Deadly Six, but I felt they were much better and more unique villains. And they didn't need to be, "just like Eggman, only eviller", either.

And here's something to think about: his design is lazy. I don't just mean his physical desgn, I mean his entire character. We see Sonic's counterpart in Blaze (this is before we were meant to see Nega as Eggman's descendant, by the by), and she's her own character with her own personality, abilities, world, backstory, etc. Nega? I can't help but feel they just gave up and said, "Just take Eggman and make him eviller. Also give him a Nega suffix 'cause he's from an alternate universe, and don't ask why we didn't make Blaze a red Sonic named Sonic Nega."

Also, "he's totes better than Eggman," demeans Eggman himself. Like, if this guy's so much better as you claim, then why isn't he the main villain? What's the point of keeping Eggman around if this guy is soooo much more evil and smarter? I'd also like to remind you that this was back in the days when Eggman was constantly getting shafted by Monsters of the Week, so having Eggman be ousted by what is literally a carbon copy of himself... well, it kinda makes you wonder why they even bothered with him anymore back then.

TL;DR: He's a shit character with a gaudy design, laughable name and a personality that misses the point of Eggman's character and serves to make the series' main villain look redundant.

There were odd unique bits of character that made Nega a tad more unique, usually ones where they went for the 'sophisticated and affable but also a murderous nut' angle with him. The super charming dialogue he has in Mario and Sonic games merges well with the Sonic Rush Adventure ending, where he decides to just blow it all up, something even Eggman cries outrage to.

That's not to say this all would have been way better implemented if he wasn't just a clone of the doctor role wise.

On 10/8/2016 at 6:44 AM, E-122-Psi said:

There were odd unique bits of character that made Nega a tad more unique, usually ones where they went for the 'sophisticated and affable but also a murderous nut' angle with him. The super charming dialogue he has in Mario and Sonic games merges well with the Sonic Rush Adventure ending, where he decides to just blow it all up, something even Eggman cries outrage to.

That's not to say this all would have been way better implemented if he wasn't just a clone of the doctor role wise.

He does stand out in those Olympic games, specifically because of the more mysterious angle they keep taking with him, especially in the London 3DS game. His tendency to act more polite and gentlemenly despite being clearly more insane and unstable than Eggman is something I found interesting. I can't say that's a matter of a character being better then another one.

40 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

And that keeps him as a descendant of Eggman from the future. 

whut? @_@

So now...Blaze's world is not another dimension but future's world?

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

The profile indicates that the Rivals series isn't canon, actually. So eh. 

I think that's just because it wasn't released in Japan. The webcomic profile for Eggman lists Sonic Toon, but I don't think that is supposed to be considered canon. 

Rivals is the game that re-introduces Silver to the series, so without it there's no explanation for how Sonic and Silver meet.