Rouge Fan

Sonic Channel

I do hope that whomever was translating the comics will go back and redo them, if I recall some of the strips did have 'too literal' translations. I don't expect it right away but would be nice in the next year or so to see version 2 translated comics.

8 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I wonder why the English Sonic twitter didn't translate the comics and post them too... Seems like a missed opportunity.

Reveal hidden contents

And I'm kinda scared a bit if those likes & retweets actually reflect the popularity of the cast... even if it's just from part of the Japanese fan base... Silver higher then Sonic? What the hell...  Omega higher then Blaze? no way seriously? >_>

...And poor Eggman.

Twitter is not an accurate representation of the Japanes fanbase. Or any SNS,  and any fanbase in general.

Not everyone does twitter, and people choose what they retweet and promote on their account, even if it's something they like. Some may think they can read it on the official website so no reason to retweet/like on twitter, other may think it's cute but not good enough to put on their twitter. Others may think the comic itself isn't that funny, even if they like a certain character (I do think some of the comic is too simple and "childish"). You can come up with a variety of reasons.

As for translation, SoA and SoJ do stuff on their own and most never make it to the other one, so no surprise if they decide not to. If they are going to, it takes time so it'll probably take a while.

When I used to do them I wanted people to experience the feel of how the Japanese people read it so I edited out all the Japanese text both drawn/typed and replaced it with English ones that matched the original, trying to reproduce the amount & size of text, editing and adding similar effects on them if necessary, and redrawing parts of the background that was cut off and couldn't be hidden by the English text. It also took time to try translating the text as natural and accurate as possible. I'm not a professional so maybe that's why, but it was a lot of stressful work. 

6 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

That's exactly why I specified mainline. The Japanese humour does not translate over in those situations compared to Sonic Boom's more absurd take on it. The only ones that would carry over are the ones with heavier character humour or outright slapstick. 

True. I read Japanese mangas and official English translated versions when I can access them, and in many instances the Japanese jokes are either 1)doesn't make sense/loses the humor, 2)changes to a completely different joke, or 3)deleted altogether and replaced with a normal phrase. 

On 12/22/2016 at 11:50 PM, KoDaiko said:

Twitter is not an accurate representation of the Japanes fanbase. Or any SNS,  and any fanbase in general.

Not everyone does twitter, and people choose what they retweet and promote on their account, even if it's something they like. Some may think they can read it on the official website so no reason to retweet/like on twitter, other may think it's cute but not good enough to put on their twitter. Others may think the comic itself isn't that funny, even if they like a certain character (I do think some of the comic is too simple and "childish"). You can come up with a variety of reasons.

One depends on the fanbase, because twitter is how NRS seems to be making character inclusion decisions for their injustice games .  I don't think this is some revelation either, Shadow and knuckles are popular, they see sonic all the time, so those two got top numbers and sonic isn't number one because they see him all the time. Blaze didn't do the best because in all honesty, she isn't that popular because sega put her in a garbage and then slowly stopped pushing her, but she's still cool enough people are still genuinely interested. As for silver, IIRC Sonic team, said them selves, japan just likes him. Japan likes lighting from ff too, so tastes are different over there. 

Should they base their business of this? No , the guys who run the sega twitter said on this site that they don't do polls anymore for sonic because they know who comes out on top. So they know, but I don't think is surprising at all, at least to me anyway. 

On 12/20/2016 at 2:31 AM, Soni said:

And we have the first wallpaper of next year, RIP in pasta holiday themed Sonic characters.

wallpaper_146_amy_12_pc.png

Hope I get used to this new artstyle soon, and they do something more unique then general poses.

Here is the resized wallpaper for December 2016 (New artstyle Amy):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ww3r327z7mcxhfv/wp171_Sizes.zip

And if you want any wallpapers from 2011-present:
[click me!]

On 12/31/2016 at 5:21 PM, goku262002 said:

Hope I get used to this new artstyle soon, and they do something more unique then general poses.

Here is the resized wallpaper for December 2016 (New artstyle Amy):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ww3r327z7mcxhfv/wp171_Sizes.zip

And if you want any wallpapers from 2011-present:
[click me!]

could you do this for 1920 X 1080?

2 hours ago, LargoDELLZ said:

Here you go dude.

IMG_6338.PNG

Thanks! Is there a way to make it bigger? When I click on the full size, the picture doesn't match the others and stretching it in paint just makes it blurry. There was a thing on tumblr where I could make the image bigger by putting in a new size in the URL but that's not working either.

41 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

That is a bright Tails.

wallpaper_147_tails_11_pc.png

There's also info on the Puyo Puyo quest event featuring Sonic and friends. Cute that they refer to Tails as Sonic's "younger brother". 

Yeah that is really bright jeez...

Here is the resized wallpaper for Janurary 2017 (New Artstyle Tails):
http://www.mediafire.com/?csa6fwwudd6wk

And if you want any wallpaper from 2011-present:
[click me!]

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

That is a bright Tails.

wallpaper_147_tails_11_pc.png

There's also info on the Puyo Puyo quest event featuring Sonic and friends. Cute that they refer to Tails as Sonic's "younger brother". 

For a moment I was confused; should'a noticed the quotation mark.

It's cute but feels weird when Tails is described as Sonic's 弟分 ("friend treated like a lil brother"). I mean it's true, but still.