Rouge Fan

Sonic Channel

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Had no clue what ya'll referring to, so I had to track the website myself.

Didn't see any Archie yet, although there's a shocking amount of Cream.

The page of New Years fanart has appearances by Archie Sonic characters.

Scourge in one halfway down, and both Spike the Porcupine and Scourge in the last one.

1 hour ago, Big Panda said:

Scourge in one halfway down, and both Spike the Porcupine and Scourge in the last one.

Oh yeah!

A little funny how Spike made it in.

54 minutes ago, DryLagoon said:

New Chao art from the official Japanese Twitter for the Japanese Holiday "Coming of Age Day".

EN6c6b4UcAAFHh_.jpg

Oh hey, it's Prof/Principal/Dean Chao.

41 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

Hi Big.

The Cat or the Chao?

10 hours ago, Big Panda said:

I wonder if the last one was submitted by someone who isn't too familiar with Japanese, as the sentences in the caption seems a bit off. Do they not allow english submissions? 

I do like the fact that's the only one that doesn't have any major Sonic characters: NiGHTS; Scourge and Spike (Archie OCs), Honey and the Hooligans (too obscure, safe to consider them Archie characters at this point). And SEGA is totally chill with it.

This month's wallpaper is Silver! (Spoiler tags to save space)

1st is Desktop, 2nd is Mobile

Spoiler

wallpaper_183_silver_14_pc.png

Spoiler

wallpaper_183_silver_14_sp.png

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/enjoy/image/calendar_2002_silver.pdf

Also, Sonic Channel has also given an update on what #SONIC2020 is! Every month on the 20th, they will have some new info and projects to share.
This month is wallpapers of the new Sonic Render, as well as 21 new icons.

1st is Desktop, 2nd is Mobile, 3rd is Twitter Header

Spoiler

wallpaper_182_sonic2020_01_pc.png

Spoiler

wallpaper_182_sonic2020_01_sp.png

Spoiler

Twitter_Cover.png

Here is an example of the new icon style, you can find the rest at the link below.
http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/sonic2020/20200120_002104/
icon_2020_sonic.png

Lastly, the theme for March's fanart corner is "Fairy tale/Folk tale"!

Those new character icons give me memories of the Sega forums....

There was an user who created badges similar to those for people to put in the signature (I can't remember who though).

I really like the gold branding of the the Sonic 2020 stuff. It's very pleasing to look at, and has just replaced some IDW comic covers as my phone wallpaper.

That said though, I don't think they're gearing up for anything too major in 2020, especially when they specifically tell us to look towards 2021 for Sonic's 30th Anniversary. I'm really not expecting any new games for quite some time yet. If the Western Sonic social media gets in on this, then maybe I'll change my mind. If they're going to do a full year of Sonic announcements every month, it would be strange keep it all in one region unless those announcements were small.

And can we stop with the anniversary celebrations already, please? Between Generations being released to celebrate the 20th anniversary and the start of year 29, there's been nothing but failed experiments and more trips down memory lane than I care to remember. Is Sonic's 2020 actually going to be new? This decade has been the more boring and uninteresting one in Sonic's history by large margin.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:49 AM, Blue Blood said:

I really like the gold branding of the the Sonic 2020 stuff. It's very pleasing to look at, and has just replaced some IDW comic covers as my phone wallpaper.

I liked it enough I decided to add it to my icon.
8tzUAk3.png

New Amy art from the official Japanese twitter for Valentine's Day. It seems like we might get more of these this year.
"Amy is passionately making sweets on the second floor of a Spagonia bakery while waiting for Sonic to come back from an adventure. Surely the chocolate bars she put her heart into making will taste great. Was Chip supposed to help...? Today is Valentine's Day. We hope you all have a sweet day★【Channel Staff】#Amy #Chip #Big"

Spoiler

EQjoj8pUcAAKs6l.jpg