Rouge Fan

Sonic Channel

Just now, Kuzu said:

I just checked all of the way back to 2010 and yea, it's a pretty limited pool. That said, Big hasn't really gotten much art until recently. 

I know, it's just a cautionary statement from me. Him getting an extra one is alright as long as they don't make it yearly on top of all that, since that would leave just one slot per year for a wildcard.

I've given up trying to predict their wallpapers, every time I think I see a pattern outside the usual 9 they do something like this. This one reminds me a lot more of the 2018 style that featured TSR characters rather than the current one so maybe it was drawn back then, or it's related to insert Sonic Re-Adventure rumour #58? Either way, Big is vastly underappreciated on Sonic Channel, plus I just got a Charmy Bee wallpaper so I can't complain.

Jet's still stuck back in 2013 so it would be nice to get something for him this year (RIP other Babylons), and obviously the fanboy in me hopes they'll keep doing one Chaotix character per year.

It's definitely not any kind of hint to a SA remake lol

Unless that would include (somehow) Silver and Charmy in it.

Did 2018 have TSR characters only? I don't remember.

Jet is definitely long overdue for an artwork, as for fans of the rest of the Babylon, as well as the Deadly Six, those better be content with IDW comics, and Forces Mobile.

Check out the badges: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/enjoy/icon/

Plus the new t-shirts with heads of the cast: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/topics/goods/20200520_002215/

Those are pretty cool.

Btw, while it's not a hint to ANYTHING, there seem to be the same characters on both:

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Chao

Eggman, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Metal Sonic

Silver, Blaze, Cream, Big, Jet

Vector, Espio, Charmy, Orbot & Cubot

It's definitely the cast that we will see in the future, the relevant characters, meaning possibly no Zavok, Zazz, Nega, Infinite, Chaos, Tikal, Sticks, etc. at least for the moment? Not sure, and don't say I'm jumping to conclusions, because I already know that.

1 hour ago, Jack at Home said:

Check out the badges: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/enjoy/icon/

Plus the new t-shirts with heads of the cast: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/topics/goods/20200520_002215/

Those are pretty cool.

Btw, while it's not a hint to ANYTHING, there seem to be the same characters on both:

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Chao

Eggman, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Metal Sonic

Silver, Blaze, Cream, Big, Jet

Vector, Espio, Charmy, Orbot & Cubot

It's definitely the cast that we will see in the future, the relevant characters, meaning possibly no Zavok, Zazz, Nega, Infinite, Chaos, Tikal, Sticks, etc. at least for the moment? Not sure, and don't say I'm jumping to conclusions, because I already know that.

I'm completely honest, I'd love if that will be the main cast in the future. It's a bit sad that some characters don't appear in that "list", but I hope they will at least get cameos and minor roles here and there (for example, I doubt Jet would always show without Wave and Storm). The character I miss the most is Gemerl, I was happy that the comic brought him back but I guess he's not going to make a full comeback in the games anytime soon.

On the other hand, I don't miss the Deadly 6 at all.

I agree it's better to not jump to conclusions, but if that was really the next main cast, I'd be very happy with it (including Orbot & Cubot, I'm one of the few Sonic fans who like them).

EDIT: I've seen the badge page too (it wasn't loading and I had to use a different browser); the Babylon Rogues are all in one badge (unlike the shirt that has Jet alone) and there's Yacker too? I don't think he would return in another game anyway... unless he's there to represent wisps in general.

A character making or not making it on a t-shirt doesn't mean much. The Rogues have been included in pins, avatars and the mini-comics, but have been practically dead for the game series since 2010.  Similarly, Cream gets yearly wallpapers but has all but disappeared from notable roles since Generations.

Meanwhile, the Deadly Six have not appeared on any Sonic Channel media nor do they have character profiles but the console + mobile Olympics just cemented them as Eggman's henchmen, so they're not going anywhere.