Awoo.
"I'm the Coolest." Shadow is back at TSS. Check out 'All of Angst' in the Theme Select!

Sonic Channel

Rouge Fan

• 2 weeks later...
Sonictrainer

According to Sonic Channel's Twitter, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, & Amy went to Chun-nan to celebrate the Lunar New Year.

Et_KTfuUUAAsdXh?format=jpg&name=large

• Thumbs Up 8

• 2 weeks later...

Pattern dictates that we get Eggman or Shadow next month.

But if by some stroke of luck we get Big or Gamma...

So since 2 stories so far already involve the Chaos Emeralds and Eggman always comes at the end of the year, they might be building towards a Super Sonic x Eggman finale.

New story to go with the art, it's cute

If I'm not mistaken, this is the second time they've mentioned the Chaos Emeralds being inactive (it wasn't mentioned in Knux's story). Makes me curious what they want to do with it even if it's just for these stories.

I really love little character vignettes like this.

Ryannumber1gamer

I love how they basically turned the Chaos Emeralds into Dragon Balls for these stories lol - right down to Amy deciding not to make a wish because the emerald is resting (ala the Dragon Balls turning to stone after a usage).

I think it's interesting how these seem to reference Unleashed. This is the first time to my knowledge that the emeralds have been rendered inactive like this since then.

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I love how they basically turned the Chaos Emeralds into Dragon Balls for these stories lol - right down to Amy deciding not to make a wish because the emerald is resting (ala the Dragon Balls turning to stone after a usage).

The wish granting is a particularly funny/weird thing. I mentioned this back when the Tails story was published but I can't think of any instance that was the case outside of Archie, and even then that was during the second Mega Man crossover. I don't know if that was always some intended lore or if it's just a case of trying to keep up the mystique especially since I don't think they've really played a role in Sonic games since Generations (maybe Mania if you want to include that).

Ryannumber1gamer
Just now, Zaysho said:

The wish granting is a particularly funny/weird thing. I mentioned this back when the Tails story was published but I can't think of any instance that was the case outside of Archie, and even then that was during the second Mega Man crossover. I don't know if that was always some intended lore or if it's just a case of trying to keep up the mystique especially since I don't think they've really played a role in Sonic games since Generations (maybe Mania if you want to include that).

I genuinely can't remember. I feel like it might be something in the Classic lore or something, because the idea of it performing miracles based upon the dreams of other people sounds vaguely familiar (Although if it was in Worlds Unite, it could possibly be that I'm thinking of), but to me at least, they were always portrayed more as just ridiculously powerful gems that could be tapped into under the right circumstances, so the wish-granting aspect is a really weird addition IMO.

jungle_penguins

Part of this story reminds me of that episode in Sonic X, the one where Amy is mad that Sonic didn't show up for a date. Probably just a coincidence.

MetalSkulkBane
1 hour ago, jungle_penguins said:

Part of this story reminds me of that episode in Sonic X, the one where Amy is mad that Sonic didn't show up for a date. Probably just a coincidence.

That's funny, I was thinking about Sonic X, episode with Helen (girl on a wheelchair) and how Sonic did everything to make happy. (for those who never watched Sonic X, it's story of Elise done right).

Real question is who writes those things and in which dungeon he's caged when games stories are written.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sega DogTagz

There are several spots in Sonic lure that describe the Chaos Emeralds as having the ability to "turn thoughts into power" or if all seven are collected a "miracle will happen". Both of those statements can be crudely translated into granting a wish.

Technically speaking, there isn't a whole lot of desires that are out of reach when one has both a chaos emerald and the know-how of how to use it. Over the years, it would make sense that the emeralds would become revered as wish-granters in an urban legend sort of light.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dr. Detective Mike
5 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I kind of view resurrecting Sonic in 06 to be the prime example of it for me. That's kind of it.

In Sonic 1 8 bit, Sonic used 6 Chaos Emeralds to clean the pollution from South Island, so yes it's possible that they also grant wishes.

There was also this thing that Super Sonic made you always win the jackpot at the slot machines in Sonic 4 (only the console/PC version, not on mobile), someone from Sega mentioned that Super Sonic is like magic, I can't remember properly though.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Zaysho said:

The only time I can recall any use of them for something other than transforming or powering something in a game is all the way back in Sonic 1. Y'know, the ending where you got all [six] Emeralds and they uh...change the flowers as they disappear. I always liked to think they did something else (maybe freeing the remaining animals Sonic missed, just to wrap things up) but yeah.

It'd be interesting to see them explore this more since it was definitely repetitive just doing Super Sonic all the time, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonictrainer

The best artwork we'll see all year.

Euy_JUnVEAE0ByM?format=jpg&name=large

A mystic Ruin that shines golden in soft sunlight.

In the silence, only two sighs can be heard from a simple log hut. 

"Goo ... Suu ... Goo ..."

"Kerokero ... Keroppi ..."

The transparent time just goes by in the drowsiness ★

Oh, I want to be a cat ... 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Everybody wants to be a cat

The Tenth Doctor
5 hours ago, jungle_penguins said:

Wonder where he got the balloon from.

If I look carefully, I think its the one he bought in Team Sonic Racing Overdrive.

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Shadow Chaos Control
On 2/27/2021 at 8:13 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Haha Big. I actually like him because he’a not a super fast Sonic clone. 

Sonictrainer

Some sweet art of Cheese, Cream, & Gemerl.

86jlid4mqim61.jpg

Cream brought Gemerl to a special cherry blossom viewing spot on Chun-nan’s mountain road. In the night breeze, as the cherry blossoms flew about, what could be going on in the heart of a machine that stood amongst such beauty?

Have the cherry blossoms bloomed yet? “Hanami Season” is just around the corner!

Lord-Dreamerz
On 3/12/2021 at 1:12 AM, Sonictrainer said:

Some sweet fan art of Cheese, Cream, & Gemerl.

86jlid4mqim61.jpg

Nice one! But I don't think it is fan art. You can see the Sonic Channel logo in the corner and it seems to be done by the same artist who has done a number of official arts lately, not counting the wallpaper arts which are by another artist I think.

On 3/12/2021 at 7:12 AM, Sonictrainer said:

Some sweet fan art of Cheese, Cream, & Gemerl.

86jlid4mqim61.jpg

This looks great!

More and more convinced that Cream is better when paired with Gemerl than Amy. I dunno, the contrast of a lighthearted and innocent character being friend with an unexpressive war machine who does not understand human feelings but is trying hard to learn them has its charm, and feels more unique than trying to copy the relationship between Sonic and Tails, but female.

I wish Gemerl was reintroduced in the games and used more...

• Thumbs Up 4

King Scoopa Koopa
9 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Nice one! But I don't think it is fan art. You can see the Sonic Channel logo in the corner and it seems to be done by the same artist who has done a number of official arts lately, not counting the wallpaper arts which are by another artist I think.

This and the Big pic aren't on the Sonic Channel website that I can see, though.

I'd love to know if they're available in a desktop wallpaper size, though, to go with the ones I downloaded from the official site.

Sonictrainer
16 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

This and the Big pic aren't on the Sonic Channel website that I can see, though.

I'd love to know if they're available in a desktop wallpaper size, though, to go with the ones I downloaded from the official site.

They're being posted on the Sonic Channel Twitter Account.

• Thumbs Up 2