Awoo.
"I'm the Coolest." Shadow is back at TSS. Check out 'All of Angst' in the Theme Select!

Sonic Channel

Rouge Fan

It's interesting that this is the second time they've had characters visit Chun-nan in the past couple of months. It's not often we see the countries from Sonic Unleashed mentioned, is it?

Sega DogTagz

Awful lot of Unleashed love. Lovin it.

I'm getting seriously pumped up about this Sonic

Polkadi~☆
On 2/23/2021 at 6:13 AM, Zaysho said:

The wish granting is a particularly funny/weird thing. I mentioned this back when the Tails story was published but I can't think of any instance that was the case outside of Archie, and even then that was during the second Mega Man crossover. I don't know if that was always some intended lore or if it's just a case of trying to keep up the mystique especially since I don't think they've really played a role in Sonic games since Generations (maybe Mania if you want to include that).

"Chaos is power, enriched by the heart."

Since at least Sonic Adventure 1, Tikal's prayer does imply that Chaos Emeralds grant your deepest desires, and Sonic commonly uses them to wish for strength. In other words, the lore was always there, just never used beyond the Chaos Emeralds being an energy source.

It's weird like that. They basically are Dragon Balls, and Sonic uses them to wish for his Super Saiyan form instead of naturally transforming into it. And Unleashed shows they can be depleted of their power like Dragon Balls can be, and have to be recharged.

Guy Strong

Man, as a chaotix fan I'm very happy to see sonic and vector interacting. 

Vector's such a smart and sweet guy. Really makes me wish he would've shown up in unleashed. These stories are little gems and are much, much needed to breathe some life into this series' lore.

• Thumbs Up 3

Your Vest Friend
12 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Man, I didn't know Vector was that tall...

Vector's actually scaled down here.

Dr. Detective Mike

Was wondering when this would be posted. I considered doing it myself. 

I'm really liking the Unleashed love and the attention given to my boy's detective skills. Vector's actually gotten consistently lucky in that department. Especially lately.

• 4 weeks later...
MetalSkulkBane

Aww, so cute.

Only I think this pic looks memetic? The way Sonic seems to talk down to annoyed kid. Put Words "Sega" and "Fandom" above their heads and you can make any joke.

"Mobius is no longer name of the planet, but we're not giving you new one, okay?."

"We're would let Sonic friends to anything in Forces, but we had to make room for Classsic Sonic."

"I know this is 30th anniversary, but we're still not announcing any games, movie and cartoon comes later and IDW is delaying again."

"Still no Shadow in this calendar. But look on the bright side, he'll probably be a jerk anyway."

• Thumbs Up 2

Kaotic Kanine

Phew! I was concerned that Cream was gonna get left out of this year's artwork after being absent from April's (a month she's usually posted on cause of Easter). And like the others of this year, this comes with a story: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/special/coverstory/20210420_002544/ (and here is an unofficial English translation- https://dizzydennis.tumblr.com/post/649055344926031872/sonic-x-cream-cheese-cover-story-english

Now, I was totally gonna gush over this cause "Holy crap Cream's existence is being acknowledged". But then BerkStrom1, a fellow Cream fan, ranted about the art and story, pointing out how Cream's portrayal in this and Sonic's treatment of her contribute to her negative reception in the fanbase. A sentiment that I can't really disagree with... 

Polkadi~☆
3 hours ago, Adamis said:

spacer.png

She's adooorraaableeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really do enjoy the theme for the wallpapers this year, it even allows Uekawa to get more expressive with the artwork. Plus, can't say I ever expected in a million years for Music Plant to ever be seen again. It's one thing that Gemerl has suddenly returned to the franchise with IDW Sonic, but it seems with this that Sonic Team is okay with the Advance games being relevant again.

StaticMania

I like Cream's expression here...

It's cute.

Sonic: No you can't come on an adventure with me little 6yo, now where's my 8yo sidekick at?

• Thumbs Up 2

Kaotic Kanine
32 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Yea no, not seeing it.

Now, see, this is how you get into many (often heated) arguments. Someone gives a sincere opinion/thought on something, and you disagree with it in a manner like this. At the very least, care to elaborate why you're not seeing it? What exactly about BerkStrom's thoughts is wrong? 

I can admit, on reading the story, Sonic isn't treating her as annoying. But having him forbid her from helping in fights doesn't help Cream's standing in the cast: if Sonic thinks she's too young to get involved in things (despite having a sidekick just two years older than her), most fans are going to think her as weak and useless, which in turn results in Cream's rare appearances as of now.

StaticMania
3 minutes ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

...which in turn results in Cream's rare appearances as of now.

They just don't want to use her.

Like all the characters, no one deserves this.

• Thumbs Up 3

OMG Sonic Advance 2 has been aknownledged!!!!11!1!11

It's like... the third time in total, the first was a song in Sonic Generations, the second was Ice Paradise in IDW (only mentioned), and now they have finally shown Music Plant.

I also read the story and I think there's nothing wrong with it honestly, I liked it.

EDIT: The story is nice and all, but in my headcanon the artwork represents the moment when Cream was replaced by Omochao in Team Sonic Racing.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

Now, see, this is how you get into many (often heated) arguments. Someone gives a sincere opinion/thought on something, and you disagree with it in a manner like this. At the very least, care to elaborate why you're not seeing it? What exactly about BerkStrom's thoughts is wrong? 

I can admit, on reading the story, Sonic isn't treating her as annoying. But having him forbid her from helping in fights doesn't help Cream's standing in the cast: if Sonic thinks she's too young to get involved in things (despite having a sidekick just two years older than her), most fans are going to think her as weak and useless, which in turn results in Cream's rare appearances as of now.

As Wraith pointed out, its Cream pointing out that she's more capable than what Sonic thinks.

Its pretty straightforward so yea, I can't see where this extremely negative impression you get is coming from. It almost feels like you're nitpicking.

I know you probably didn't intend for it to come off that way, but you chose the most uncharitable interpretation for what's a pretty small scene and I'm just really confused by it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Diogenes
1 hour ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

What exactly about BerkStrom's thoughts is wrong? 

I mean it's basically just fanboying. They expect everybody else to like Cream as much as they do and blame everybody else for not giving her a chance, not considering that people already have and can legitimately just not like her that much. And it's not like the story's some hit piece against her; she's one of the youngest characters in the series, she was always meant to be cute and innocent and nice, showing that people worry about her getting involved in dangerous adventures but also showing that she can contribute in other ways than fighting is an accurate and overall positive take on the character.

Sega DogTagz

It's not even an issue when looked at in deeper context. Sonic Team has been fast and loose with the term Death Egg Robot as of late and the only bot that fits the bill from Eggmans interstellar amusement park is the Egg Nega Wisp.

Sonic benched Tails for that fight. Why would he willingly bring Cream along? 

It's not so much underestimating her as it is staying consistent with protecting his younger friends. 

Suddenly inviting cream along to tackle a bot like that would be a disservice to the ending of colors, and his similar story arc with Marine in Rush adventure. 

Kaotic Kanine
1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

As Wraith pointed out, its Cream pointing out that she's more capable than what Sonic thinks.

Its pretty straightforward so yea, I can't see where this extremely negative impression you get is coming from. It almost feels like you're nitpicking.

I know you probably didn't intend for it to come off that way, but you chose the most uncharitable interpretation for what's a pretty small scene and I'm just really confused by it.

Okay, that's a fair point that I can accept lol And no, I didn't intend to come off nitpicky. Like I said, my initial impression was excitement because I was glad to see Cream in a SC artwork (and with a rare expression lol), only to see my friend's thoughts on the accompanying story, which I thought to be a good point. So brought this up here to see what others would think, cause this is a forum after all. You guys brought up your own points, and I concede to them. Not trying to start an argument lol. 

So, yeah, this story is cute: finally get to see more Sonic and Cream's sibling-like relationship after so long (now if only we could Amy and Cream's again) and I love Cream get angry at being treated like a child lol Only nitpick that I actually have is that it's another "character underestimates Cream's credentials and tells her to stay put", which I'm more than sick of after this was played out countlessly in Archie, and done twice or thrice in IDW. But, as y'all pointed out, this story at least has the underestimating character realize they were wrong and invite Cream into the action next time, so I'll let this slide

I dunno my interpretation of the story is that Sonic was so much focused on fighting the big robot that he didn't think of the people that were surrounding the place and put them in danger, if it wasn't for Cream taking care of them it would have been a disaster.

So in my opinion, Cream is portrayed as the actual hero of the story, and Cream herself didn't realize it until Sonic pointed it out. The point of stopping the robot was in order to save those people, not to have fun, and she saved the people.

BTW, Cream has been hated a lot in the past, but I think that the reasons were different than her being weak. People hated her because "OMG she stole Amy's role she's bad", or because of her high pitch voice, or the over-polite behviors to the point of being annoying. People also said she didn't have a role in the series, but that's only true because Sega/Sonic Team never developed her character enough; if nothing of this, just the fact that a cutesy and girly character being in a series aimed at boys, combined with the trend of hating "Sonic's shitty friends" for the sake of it, made her the easiest hate target along with Big the Cat. Nowadays though, I see Cream's reception being a lot different than years ago, I don't see much hate anymore. Being underestimated and then exceeding people's expectations is kinda the whole point of the character I think.

• Thumbs Up 2

E-122-Psi

I'm truthfully liking these interactions in the wallpapers, they're showing a shrewdly flawed but still playful element to Sonic and the potential in character dynamics he could have with all these guys.

Sonictrainer

So far we've had:

• Sonic & Tails in the Green Hill Zone (Sonic 1)
  • Sonic & Knuckles in Angel Island Zone (Sonic 3&K)
  • Sonic & Amy in Twinkle Park (Sonic Adventure)
  • Sonic & Vector in Apotos/Windmill Isle (Sonic Unleashed)
  • Sonic & Cream/Cheese in Music Plant Zone (Sonic Advance 2)

Who do think Sonic will run into next and where?

Also, there was no Chaos Emerald found this time.