Rouge Fan

Sonic Channel

He´s so cuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!! Look at this childish, happy expression, so adorable gosh

What a cutie!!!!!!1!!!111!!! 

15rigd4.gif

I want a Charmy now of a sudden, can I take him??? 

I swear Uekawa's drawing style is getting more and more 'square' as time goes on. So many sections that you'd expect to be simply curves are drawn as a series of lines instead.

It looks good but it's getting a bit much now, especially on the muzzles.

I swear Uekawa's drawing style is getting more and more 'square' as time goes on. So many sections that you'd expect to be simply curves are drawn as a series of lines instead.

It's like he's channeling Toryama now.tongue.png

I've been saying this for a while, myself. :P

I honestly don't think the look is very becoming for the Sonic series, since it's made it's look purely off of smooth curves and shapes. The look Uekawa's been going for lately is very "anime", if you know what I mean.. and it's kind of been getting more and more like this since Sonic X and the Advance games rolled in.

His artwork is still pretty nice, but it just lacks that energy and style it had before, even if the characters are doing much more interesting things.

And on today's episode of "Uekawa's Sonic illustrations do the Hand Thing"...

I really can't help but feel like Uekawa's art is really aging these days, even the wallpapers regardless of the fact that the characters have been doing things much more interesting.

These days I actually care more for the CGI renders. Some of them (Sonic's bleeding gums in his Dash render and Cream's absolutely horrifying modern render) can look awkward but overall I actually prefer them to the Uekawa art...

I wonder if Uekawa's art is lacking so much these days just because it's basically a huge collection of stock art he was asked to produce? The colouring pages aren't new when we see them, and I'm guessing even the calendar art isn't either. I'd like to see what we'd get if say 2D art was used for another game's promotional assets again.

I wonder of Uekawa's art is lacking so much these days just be wide it's basically a huge collection of stock art he was asked to produce? The colouring pages aren't new when we see them, and I'm guessing even the calendar art isn't either. I'd like to see what we'd get if say 2D art was used for another game's promotional assets again.

Yeah, exactly! 3D renders are fine, but what was wrong with actually using the 2D artwork in the games? Imo, it gave the games a bit more style.