Rouge Fan

Sonic Channel

Great drawing of Sticks! Besides not wearing any gloves, she wouldn't look out of place with the main Sonic cast methinks. ^^

This is the only part of her design I actually dislike. If they gave her some greenish-greyish-brownish gloves, the same as her skirt with loose cuffs (like Big/Marine) then I'd have no qualms.

Yeah Sticks looks like she definitely fit in with the Main Games cast, luckily for her design they didn't decide to go freaking overkill with needless Sports Tape.

The Main series cast always was always missing a more savage, wild, anti-technology type character who is like somewhat of a opposite of Tails.

This is the only part of her design I actually dislike. If they gave her some greenish-greyish-brownish gloves, the same as her skirt with loose cuffs (like Big/Marine) then I'd have no qualms.

Truthfully I think Sticks shows the SEGA Sonic design doesn't need gloves all the time. It only kinda shows a bit here because Uekawa's drawn her fingers kinda small.

I like having characters that break the mould in some way, if only in a minor detail. I mean imagine if they never diverged from Sonic's mould (e.g.. Tails' segmented eyes, Big's bulk, Vector's jaws), every character would look exactly like him.

Truthfully I think Sticks shows the SEGA Sonic design doesn't need gloves all the time. It only kinda shows here because Uekawa's drawn her fingers kinda small.

I like having characters that break the mould in some way, if only in a minor detail. I mean imagine if they never diverged from Sonic's mould (e.g.. Tails' segmented eyes, Big's bulk, Vector's jaws), every character would look exactly like him.

Boom on the whole does a really good job of breaking the mould. Only Sonic and Shadow share the same body shapes (which makes sense), and everyone else is completely different. They all have their own unique features and silhouettes. Sticks' lack of gloves just bug me to no end, much like the majority of the Archie cast pre-redesigns. They look odd, because the hands are very human when the rest of the characters bodies (especially their limbs) are anything but. Same thing goes for characters feet, which fortunately are seldom seen.

Truthfully I think Sticks shows the SEGA Sonic design doesn't need gloves all the time.

well... now that you said that..

one of Tails' bullies on Sonic X...doesn't wears gloves too.. or maybe his gloves are black.. but to me it seems that he is not wearing them..... i'm not totally sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYGNiZbuId8&feature=player_detailpage

also... male Sonic characters in Uekawa's style..  wearing pants.. it seemed to not be a trouble at all... or at least the adult characters..

check out at minute 1:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7AqlIp5evA&feature=player_detailpage

there is this little pilot episode from Sonic X where appears more Sonic like characters.. and there is a male one who wears pants...

though he seems to be a really random guy  XD

I think the pants being a gender restriction was just finicky assumption by fans and Archie, just like cheek fur and separate hair colour. Uekawa can be kinda restrictive in character designs at times (though he has diverged with a few of them) but I don't think ANY franchise is that strict in what the cast can look like.

Aw, and it's first art of the entire gallery, it's lovely. It also solidifies how little Knuckles is held in regard as there was jack shit for him last year. :)

Also ironically the pic based on Sonic Rivals 2 manages to disregard Sonic Rivals 2 through the team comment.

Edit: In regards to the Sonic and Elise pic, looking at the team comment...oh, they noticed it just fine.

Okay, so someone had concern back on March 31st/April 1st that the Japanese Sonic twitter had said something and one of the comments said RIP Sonic Channel blah blah. I believe I know what happened.

Basically, instead of using the Sonic Channel blog for updates now, they've moved updating on news bits to a site called ittells.jp, which also acts as a discussion place for people in that particular community. Will have to investigate more to learn the nuances of this move.