Awoo.

Generations online mode is broken. Error Code: 8002a1a7 Now Confirmed.

Badnik Mechanic

This is confirmed: A 30 second test/30 second trial mode is glitched on the PS3 version.

Possible fix: Delete your/most of the people on your friends list.

So according to someone named Bholegood over at PS3trophies.org. he had one trophy left before he had to get the platinum.

However when he tried to get it, he kept getting a strange error code which prevent the trophy from unlocking and the game from actually working the way it should. Shortly afterwards, someone else also said that they too were getting error code 8002a1a7 when trying to get the same reward.

When playing the PS3 version of the game there seems to be a problem when trying to access as they put it "Online Content,"

Specifically when someone tries to access or attempt to do 'ranking trial' or 'ranking attack.' It would appear that when trying to do these and post times to the leaderboards, the error is being caused, this error prevents the upload from taking place and as a result stops someone from getting both their trophy and the time being added to the leaderboards.

Well... it gets even more interesting when you hear what Sega advised him to do in order to fix the error...

"Delete your entire friends list"

So he did... and instantly the trophy popped up.

Are you serious? To get platinum on this game you need to delete your entire friends list!? Wow, what a mess.

But whats interesting, the last Sonic related game to come out "All Stars Racing" had almost the exact same problem! There was a trophy on there called Dreamarena which would unlock if you raced with a friend. But the problem was that it would only unlock if you raced with the first person you added to your friends list... or if you deleted your entire friends list and then added someone.

Has anyone else (with either the Xbox 360/PS3 version) had a similar issue with getting this error when trying to access online content?

Source

Edited by Hogfather

I got both online achievements just fine and with no lag or glitches or friend deletions. Don't know about PS3 though.

I'm not getting the game till the summer, but deleting entire friends lists is a little bit annoying.

Game needs a patch asap.

I'm not getting the game till the summer, but deleting entire friends lists is a little bit annoying.

Game needs a patch asap.

The game already had a patch before it was even released XD They should have tested these kinds of things before release.

The game already had a patch before it was even released XD They should have tested these kinds of things before release.

If indeed it is a widespread problem, since trophies which use online components can sometimes glitch for a variety of reasons. They might have tested it, don't forget if they're in a studio testing the game on specific consoles it's unlikely that those systems would have many 'friends' or have them at all if theres no reason for the said user to add them, especially since generations doesn't need a user to have friends in order to get all the rewards.

Like S0L said, they tested Dreamarena and it worked fine, probably because they used fresh units/accounts to test it, so they were always adding one person each time.

Mine worked fine o.O pretty weird stuff happening.

Thats why I wanted to ask here if anyone had even seen this error code. But it sounds like it's just a random problem affecting a few players at the moment.

Not a problem for me, since I don't really care about trophies or leaderboards, but I agree that this needs to be fixed

as well as about 15 different things in game,

I really hate it when Achievements/Trophies are glitched like this. It really kills the mood. That's the whole reason I never had the patience to beat Lego Star Wars III.

Well just like reviews on Sonic games, you're not gonna get a perfect award when you have all of them shitty friends

Your 600th post wins the thread.

I got the trophy (Join the Ranks, right?), but didn't have my time uploaded. I don't know what's up, but this needs to be patched. I'm not deleting my entire friends list.

I had a problem sort of like this on the Xbox version. Whenever I tired to view the online rankings after I finished a level, it would boot me off of Live. It only happened a few times, and after a while it stopped. Never had any effect on my achievements though, just viewing the leaderboards in general.

I don't know how a PS3 is set up, but if you guys have updates like we do and if its possible that you can clear your cache, I would try that. That has solved me plenty of problems on Xbox, maybe it can work a miracle for you guys too d:

I got the trophy (Join the Ranks, right?), but didn't have my time uploaded. I don't know what's up, but this needs to be patched. I'm not deleting my entire friends list.

I assume thats the one they're talking about.

How long was it? Only there is a delay between when you get a time and it uploading to the servers.

The only glitch I had was when I tried to connect to the ranking leaderboards for my first time: it gave me an error message and brought me back to the menu. However, I then tried again and everything (including the achievements) worked fine.

The leaderboards updated with my time, so that worked fine.

The 30 second trial, however, isn't working. This is freaking ridiculous.

Had this problem with the 30 second one (PS3) gave me error codes. However It unlocked after I deleted the majority of my friend list, I have like four friends still left and it still worked. (seeing Etna on the Goal Plate made me lol)

Problem though the trophy for defeating 100 enemies never unlocked for me. I looked at the record and I've beaten over 1000 enemies with both Sonic's. It's annoying since It's the last one I need till Platinum.

Problem though the trophy for defeating 100 enemies never unlocked for me. I looked at the record and I've beaten over 1000 enemies with both Sonic's. It's annoying since It's the last one I need till Platinum.

Back up your save (if you still want it).

Delete the game data/save file.

Then restart the game and keep replaying green hill over and over.

Trophy should pop once you hit 100. It's a standard fix for errors like that, should cure it right up. A

Well it's a good thing I don't have any friends on PSN.

Naw, I have the 360 version, and I did have a problem with that with the destroy 100 enemies achievement. At first I thought it was 1000 so I just kept playing. Then I reread the achievement and, unless I had to destroy 100 enemies in a single level which sounds unlikely, it didn't pop when it was supposed to. Started a new game on a different save storage and got the achievement with a few minutes of play. Don't know why it didn't unlock the first time.

Online rankings work perfectly for me.

Still can't even enter 30 Second Trial, even after deleting most of my friends list (I only have 14 friends now). Any fixes pop up yet?

Important question: After deleting my friends list, it works fine. Is it alright to add them back?

Edited by Dissident

Meanwhile in 360 land, no problems whatsoever. tellin ya SEGA still has some dreamcast hate for those SONY folks.

I find it funny that the only way you can get this trophies is to drop all your friends.

• Thumbs Up 1