Awoo.

Why Is Generations Recieving More Hate Than Colors?

CanofEpicSauce

Wait, how the fuck is Generations shorter than Colors? Doesnt it have more levels AND missions!?

I feel it's shorter in the way of how the game introduces it's story and plot, and characters. Generations didn't neatly entwine events together very much at all.

How did Classic Tails get here? WHEN did he get here?

What were the characters doing the entire time after getting saved and before the battle against Time Eater?

Why did Shadow and Silver fight Sonic anyways?

What happened to Classic Sonic and Tails, considering they most likely remember everything?

The game also goes out of it's way to make the characters it has have the least involvement in the story whatsoever, and it's a huge waste of potential and the wonderful new voices they've been given. The interaction when there, was good. So why not give more than that? I mean, hell, the only time the Chaotix themselves speak to one another is only in the first cutscene! The interaction between the Sonics and Tails' were also good, but we get so little of it.

The entire story feels like a teaser to what the entire story would entail, and when the teaser ends up being the entire thing, it just feels like the story didn't even needed to be there in the first place sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm not sure why critics have been giving it lower scores than Colors. This one has much more content along with better level designs, in my opinion. But..I don't let reviewers be the ones to judge whether I like a game or not. So far, I'm having tons of fun with this title and that's really all that matters to me.

wat wat wat

LOWER score than colors

the fucking thing has a 77 on metacritic

Colors has a 78

omfg this game sucks why is the score so low wtf ruined forever hentai quills

• Thumbs Up 7

As everyone has said, Generations was held to higher standards, given that Colors was expected to be shit after 06, Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Unleashed, not to mention it was for Wii, meaning that when it was good, people loved it. With Generations, it was released on HD consoles, so it was held to a higher standard, and after Colors and Sonic 4, people were expecting it to be really good, especially since it was supposed to have stuff from twenty years of Sonic's history. Given how big a fanboy I am, I'm going around trying to unlock some songs to use in the stages, but I like it. If it built upon the storyline more, and maybe had another level or two (preferably from Sonic 3 or CD,) then it would be perfect, but it's a really good game already. Maybe they can release some kick-ass DLC (I'm hoping for White Acropolis or Sonic 3's Ice Cap Zone) that should hopefully boost it's score to be equal to or higher than Colors' (damn Wii doesn't have DLC.) Also, I think the bosses were really well done, even if Egg Dragoon was hard as hell to beat (aside from Time Eater, which just felt generic and was rather easy.) But yeah, give it plenty of DLC like 06 and Unleashed had, and that should make up for it (I'm already planning on buying some Microsoft Points Cards.)

Already like many have said which i agree with is the game just doesn't live up to the hype it created. It was going around saying "20 YEARS IN ONE GAME" When really to me it felt like 10. It just felt so incomplete. there could have been so much more meat. The music was amazing, The levels and design gorgeous The references gameplay wise here and there were cool but the story. Just felt so small. There Wasn't a whole lot of effort put into it. (Plus this is just personal, no classic knuckles or amy.sad.png) The plot was not put together well. (Although what was there was great. more of that would have been great. More scenes like chemical plant would have been nice.)I mean look at the way the cgi in the trailers portrayed the game. It's As if Sega just didn't want or like the idea of a epic story with funny references to the history here and there. The hype people had and excitement just vanished when we saw and played what we got.

It's Nowhere near a 10 but it doesn't deserve the crap scores people are giving it. It deserves at least a 8.5. More levels would have been cool(dlc?) And the story again just feels like a afterthought. It just makes it feel NOT like a full 20 years.

Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that while I loved Generations and it's probably my favourite Sonic game ever, I felt that Colours and even Unleashed HD had less glitches (I don't remember EVER encountering a glitch in either of these two games, actually) and generally more polish.

Don't really know why but, it could have to do with the fact that Sonic Colors was such a shock after a slew of shitty games. Of course, part of it is also the Sonic bandwagon of hate. Anyway, I'd say it's better than Colors.

All the hate I've read boils down to "WAAAAAH SEGA Y U NO PRETEND IT'S 1994" and/or "WAAAAAH I DON'T GET SONIC GAMES" so really you can just disregard it right off the bat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I've probably said this before but...who gives a hairy fat @$$ what those review losers think?!

I could care less. In fact if one of them gave a certain game a low score, I'll try it just to spite them. Most of which I end up loving. I was getting tired of all the crap that gets high scores. I'm not blindly hating stuff here, I've actually tried games like Halo 3 and GTA 4, I had about as much fun as kicking the corner of a table without shoes. I made a similar noise while playing them too.

I can't say much else on the matter since I've yet to play Generations...*grumble*

• Thumbs Up 1

They're probably just mad because some of them aren't getting the Collector's Edition like they wanted.

trollface.jpg

Well I've probably said this before but...who gives a hairy fat @$$ what those review losers think?!

People who actually look at the scores and read the review before going out to buy the game? I think they would be one of the first people to actually give a fuck.

People who actually look at the scores and read the review before going out to buy the game? I think they would be one of the first people to actually give a fuck.

I pity those people...

What I'm saying...in a rather unique way, is that I'd rather form my own opinion then blindly follow the ways of these...

There's no good way for me to end that sentence, use your imagination.

If anyone here enjoys writing reviews for games, that's fine, I'd rather read reviews from fellow fans than these twits that think there clever.

Erm...I do hate journalists, so I think that hatred expands to all forms. I'm not sure why...I also feel that I should say it seems that when I'm sleep deprived, I come across as a bit of an arse. heehee...

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't understand what more anyone could possibly want out of the Sonic franchise if a game of this caliber is receiving low-average scores.

The level design is superb, there is tons of replay value, the production values are off the wall, there's BOATLOADS of fan service. With the exception of some unfair deaths like, once or twice, I've been having an absolute blast with this game. It's been quality from start to finish thus far.

• Thumbs Up 2

All the hate I've read boils down to "WAAAAAH SEGA Y U NO PRETEND IT'S 1994"
How dare they want Classic Sonic to be like classic Sonic.
  • Thumbs Up 1

How dare they want Classic Sonic to be like classic Sonic.

Its not even that...its more of...the fact that people just wanted this game to be Classic levels only which would be totaly missing the point in this title. Most people don't have much issues with either Sonic.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 2

I pity those people...

What I'm saying...in a rather unique way, is that I'd rather form my own opinion then blindly follow the ways of these...

There's no good way for me to end that sentence, use your imagination.

If anyone here enjoys writing reviews for games, that's fine, I'd rather read reviews from fellow fans than these twits that think there clever.

Erm...I do hate journalists, so I think that hatred expands to all forms. I'm not sure why...I also feel that I should say it seems that when I'm sleep deprived, I come across as a bit of an arse. heehee...

Except there's the advantage of knowing what you may possibly get before you get the incentive to shell out $50-60 for a game that might not be as good as you think.

Then again, there is renting the game to avoid paying the full price. Then there's looking at other reviews and see where the majority opinion is being held at. If someone sees a few reviews that gives the game a 5-6 out of 10 and the majority of the other reviews are well above 7-8 out of 10, you can easily see where the stronger opinion is being held at.

Seriously, don't get to upset just because reviewers didn't give the game the score you wanted them to give it. It's more so in the actual review where you can determine whether the score was deserved or not. If they're going to hate something, at the very least they could do it accurately, and that's where your hate should be focused on when they don't.

Its not even that...its more of...the fact that people just wanted this game to be Classic levels only which would be totaly missing the point in this title. Most people don't have much issues with either Sonic.

Missing the point of the title? Is more like missing the entire point of the game and Word of God here. He's driven the point home that this game is going to revisit levels throughout Sonic's entire history multiples times to the Gaming community, and for them to up and disregard that just shows either they weren't paying attention or they really didn't give a fuck, and my bets on the former.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

meh,maybe cause the classic levels were as boring as fuck.....................cuz they were,i mean ALL YOU DO IS JUMP RUN AND SPINDASH.

meh,maybe cause the classic levels were as boring as fuck.....................cuz they were,i mean ALL YOU DO IS JUMP RUN AND SPINDASH.

......And all you do in the modern levels is JUMP RUN AND BOOOOOST

I'm sorry, I had to make that joke.

Classic levels>having to use wisp powers

• Thumbs Up 1