Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PC Discussion

Remy

I'm using a 360 wired controller with XBCD drivers.

XBCD never gave me any problems before, and the default plugin doesn't work all that stellar with some other programs I use. However, I should probably try this because I certainly wouldn't doubt if this were the case. It's definitely not the controller itself, though.

EDIT: Looks like Velotix was right, Microsoft's drivers don't have this glitch. It's still a problem for non-360 controller users though (unless there's a workaround to get those drivers working for other controllers, sovereign's suggestion might be a similar solution), so I hope this gets a bugfix anyway.

EDIT2: The quickstep sound effect has somehow been permanently cut off for me. Restarting the game, closing Steam, and even restarting my computer doesn't fix it. God damn.

Patch notes for the latest update:

Sonic Generations Update Released

Product Update - Valve

09:53

Updates to Sonic Generations have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- USA flag is now correctly displayed in Online Mode.

- Fixed an issue where the Shop menu would become unresponsive at low frame rates.

- More accurate timing clock to 60Hz—may fix some issues with fluctuant frame rates.

- Updated default keyboard layout.

- Keyboard controls now correctly support drift.

- Screen display has been sharpened when AA is disabled.

Notes:

- Users of NVIDIA Optimus graphics cards may experience an issue where the Configuration Tool fails to detect the Optimus card. NVIDIA are working on fixing the problem, and will get an update out shortly, during the next driver release window.

Good news for you guys with the optimus cards, certainly.

I just found out that you cannot unlock sonic 1 for the genesis/megadrive in the PC version. Well that kinda sucks:P(beside the fact getting 3dblast and s3k from the pre order)

You get Mega Drive Classics free with it, which contains Sonic 1 and several other games.

PC wins? I'd say so.

You get Mega Drive Classics free with it, which contains Sonic 1 and several other games.

PC wins? I'd say so.

Sonic 1 is not included in the mega drive classics pack you receive if you pre ordered generations. Just 3dblast and s3k, which is still better anyway *shrugs*. I just thought it was kinda weird though, kind of unexpected when it's the exact same game.

PC wins? I'd say so.

Yeah, the way Mega Drive games on Steam works is, upon buying one you gain a game called "SEGA Mega Drive Classics". The program contains all the Mega Drive games you own from a main menu, and buying more Mega Drive games just adds them onto this game rather than all being seperate executables.

I guess people forgot a little thing called Emulators :V

Anyways: Looked up my graphics card and the game up on youtube, and someone has already posted videos with my same graphics card (GeForce 9400GT)

The guy runs FRAPS to record it, but the lag seems bearable to me. Sweetness :D

I guess people forgot a little thing called Emulators :V

Anyways: Looked up my graphics card and the game up on youtube, and someone has already posted videos with my same graphics card (GeForce 9400GT)

The guy runs FRAPS to record it, but the lag seems bearable to me. Sweetness biggrin.png

That's the same graphics card I have.

All I'd really need is another gig of ram and I could play the PC version.

Nice.

I need help to see if my pc or laptop can run generations

PC:

Intel celeron processor

intel ®828445G

laptop

Intel celeron processor 900

3 gb memory

Moblie Intel ® 4 series express chipset family

also is there any way that I can buy another graphics card if these are the right specs?

thanks

PC:

Intel celeron processor

intel ®828445G

laptop

3 gb memory

also is there any way that I can buy another graphics card if these are the right specs?

thanks

I doubt a laptop will run this regardless of specs.

I doubt a laptop will run this regardless of specs.

I run Generations in 1080p at a solid 60fps without any issues whatsoever.

In my defense, it is a very good laptop.

In my defense

, it is a very good laptop.

if you don't mind can you list your laptop specs?

PC:

Intel celeron processor

intel ®828445G

laptop

3 gb memory

thanks

I doubt you could run the game on low.

Edit: and sorry if I came off as being a pompous ass, text on a screen doesn't display ones emotions well :(

Edited by Silencer226

In my defense, it is a very good laptop.

Fuck, what kind? That's scary shit.

This game Looks beautiful on the other PC I have (powerful specs one) which has Phenom II x3 and 4gb ram and 2tb HDD and GTS 250 with Full 1080p and all setting high and with anti-aliasing and no Vsync. (60fps)

but it doesn't on a PC like my main one (Acer aspire Revo r3610) which has 4gb and Nvidia ION and intel ATOM 330 (runs slowly from 5 - 10 fps)

Edited by Guest

but it doesn't on a PC like my main one (Acer aspire Revo r3610) which has 4gb and Nvidia ION and intel ATOM 330 (runs slowly from 5 - 10 fps)

What settings are you trying to run it at?

What settings are you trying to run it at?

Lowest setting and resolution possible (blame the Atom processor they put in my main PC)

I'm fine with that because I have the other PC with everything high and smooth =)

Well, that pretty much ensures me out of a purchase of an Atom/Ion Mini-PC in the future, then...

Oh, and I can confirm that the game works flawlessly with these:

new-usb-game-controller-for-sega-saturn-ps3-pc-6-button-gsy064n.jpg

Which you can and should buy here.

Well, that pretty much ensures me out of a purchase of an Atom/Ion Mini-PC in the future, then...

Oh, and I can confirm that the game works flawlessly with these:

new-usb-game-controller-for-sega-saturn-ps3-pc-6-button-gsy064n.jpg

Which you can and should buy here.

I already have a usb gamepad but its a generic logitech one:

TE-100-000.jpg

which works great and just like an xbox/ps controller =)

Edited by Guest

I was talking specifically about the USB Sega Saturn Controller, but generic PS-pad knock-offs are cool too.

However, it looks as though they forgot - as Sony have for the last two console generations - that games aren't played primarily with the d-pad any more, and that having the user crane their thumbs as wacky angles in order to actually play the games is an extremely bad idea...

Otherwise, awesome. :P

Part of me wonders why I'm in this topic since I can't run Generations PC, buuuut:

I already have a usb gamepad but its a generic logitech one:

TE-100-000.jpg

which works great and just like an xbox/ps controller =)

How long have you had that? I've had two of those and both of them completely stopped working after a year or so.

Edited by Speederino

This game Looks beautiful on the other PC I have (powerful specs one) which has Phenom II x3 and 4gb ram and 2tb HDD and GTS 250 with Full 1080p and all setting high and with anti-aliasing and no Vsync. (60fps)

wasn't there another patch for Generations released recently? what was that all about?

Edited by goku262002

Both Intel Atom and Nvidia Ion are components that were designed for netbooks, it's normal that the game doesn't run well on it, since that PC isn't good for gaming.

This was done for testing purpose , because I just wanted to show how this kind of thing could almost run it/run it , But im fine as i said before i have the other PC to play it

BTW , this video shows how it runs on my nvidia ION PC:

Edited by Guest

This was done for testing purpose , because I just wanted to show how this kind of thing could almost run it/run it , But im fine as i said before i have the other PC to play it

BTW , this video shows how it runs on my nvidia ION PC:

Edited by ezodagrom