Awoo.

Why does Super Sonic suck so much?

Brianzilla2004

Wait... you guys WANT Super Sonic music? Goddamn it's the one thing I can't stand about him. Drives me crazy. Ideally it would be amazing to have the music remix or add an extra instrument when you're Super Sonic, but I'd take no change over a song that loops every 15 seconds any day.

While Modern Super Sonic is pretty useless from a gameplay perspective, boosting through the stages is freaking eye candy. Flying over the massive pit in Rooftop Run is awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

While Modern Super Sonic is pretty useless from a gameplay perspective, boosting through the stages is freaking eye candy. Flying over the massive pit in Rooftop Run is awesome.

Yeah....for that whole 30 seconds it's great. =/

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 5

But...the music thing was my biggest disappointment too. I never even noticed all the other stuff until I got here. Although I was slightly suspicious since I could barely finish a level as Super. I mean, sure the music can get annoying after a while, but it sorta reinforces the fact that you are unstoppable. I would be like "Mwahaahaahaaa!!" Until I got squashed by something, and then swear a little...

I liked how Colours Super gave you points just for being him. I still couldn't get S-Ranks though... lol

And if I remember correctly, Sonic 4 Ep1 did have separate leaderboards for Sonic and Super. So why couldn't Generations? *Shrug*

That's another thing why some of the more recent incarnations of Super Sonic have been better than the one in Generations: points bonuses. Sonic 4 Ep1 gave you 400 points per enemy destroyed, as opposed to the usual 100. Sonic Free Riders automatically gave you an S rank just for completing the level as Super Sonic, and Colors gave you points for freaking standing there. While S-ranking stages is fairly easy as Super Sonic (since it's already easy before,) it would be nice if they at least gave you points.

Gotta pay the bills somehow

Honestly, classic Super Sonic should be much faster and neither should drain rings as they do. That's my only pure beef between them, because otherwise Super Sonic is just as boss as ever.

Although I will say because of that whole ring-draining thing Super Sonic doesn't last long at all. And Super Sonic music, I would've liked, but I also am okay with hearing the music in the stage while Super-ing it up. If I had to choose a Super Sonic theme though, I would've said 'Open Your Heart' or something, but I'm sure they would've chose the Sonic 4 invincibility, lol.

While I would probably pick Open Your Heart or His World (Endless Possibilities and Reach for the Stars are good too,) I clearly have a hard time deciding, and with our luck his theme would either be the one from Sonic 4 or the theme used for Time Eater (the latter I'd be okay with though.) However, I prefer being able to choose my own theme, especially when I can choose between several epic Super Sonic themes (as listed above,) along with other epic themes (like Shadow's different Super Form songs.) And yes, they should drain rings much slower so they' actually be useful (or even better, make it like Free Riders for modern where you only lose rings while boosting.)

When I played SS in Generations, I was yearning for Sonic 4's Super Sonic :-/ He actually felt more powerful than Sonic and not like a nuisance.

I was vary dissapointed in super sonic, but i enjoy the majority of the game so it doesnt bother me.

And by "majority" i mean all of the game except the final boss battle which is just perfect dark gaia in a tube.

Edited by Eternlo

It's kind of disappointing considering how awesome Super Sonic was in Colors and Sonic 4, I hope they patch at least classic.

I've done some experimenting with Super Sonic, and I find that he can in fact be extremely useful from a gameplay perspective, if used as a portable shortcut instead of a level-spanning powerup. If you wait to transform until you get to a platforming section, that ring-sucking flying boost can in fact let you skip the whole thing in one second and then get a massive pushy forward on the next section.

I was able to use Super Sonic to improve a few of my clear times. That said, expert players can get even more mileage out of infinite boost, but at least Super Sonic isn't useless.

I don't think they will, but as has been revealed in the mods thread it's actually a simple matter of adjusting a few constants in the game files to make him not suck.

True, but I do not have the money to buy a gaming computer, though I used to have one years ago. Thus, I won't be able to get mods or modify the game files.

So, if Sega fails to improve SS on the console version, then I (and many others I'm sure) are doomed with Super Sonics that are arguably not as 'super' as they should be. :/

I do greatly love the rest of the game however.

You know, I wonder. When Sonic 4 and Colors came out, was there a lot of praise for the in-game super forms? I greatly enjoyed both, and still do. But I did not see a lot of praise for the Super Forms from others. Did I miss it, or was the praise overshadowed by complaints about the games? Probably both.

While I understand the complaints about both games (especially sonic 4's physics), sometimes I wish that people in general would spend a little more time saying what they like about a game. It seems to me that complaints outnumber praises by what, 4 to 1?

I'm not against complaints however, usually the complaints I see are understandable and justified. Sometimes I wish there was more thankfulness. It is human nature to focus on the negative though.

If anyone disagrees, that's fine. And I do not wish to derail this topic.

So, Final Note: I really hope the Super Forms are fixed in the console versions and that the fixed forms are not just for people who have modding capabilities.

While Super was not perfect in Colours, I felt he was very good. The game designers I feel should have kept and improved that design, give him seperate leaderboard rankings, and harder to obtain.

Edited by DarkDefeater

I never achieved Super Sonic in Colors, but I won't lie... using him in this game isn't worth it. I was thrilled I was flying and I suddenly turned back. Only do it at the end of the level or when you need to.

Super Sonic was arguably the only thing Sonic 4 did right. He was gloriously overpowered and totally worth the effort of getting all of the emeralds. He was great in colors too, the only thing was not using the wisps, which the game was built around.

What they really should have done was stuck Sonic 4 Super Sonic in as Classic, and Sonic Colors Super Sonic in as Modern. There would be nary a complaint had they actually done that.

Here's hoping the 3ds version doesn't do anything stupid with it though.

• Thumbs Up 2

So what do you guys think the chances are for SEGA to fix this problem? I'm really hoping they do.

Sega won't fix Super Sonic. They will not get any $$$ for fixing him. D=

Sega won't fix Super Sonic. They will not get any $$$ for fixing him. D=

They wouldn't have gotten any $$$ from changing the stuff in Sonic 4 either but they did it anyway. I mean let's face it, we all would've bought it with or without the changes. Besides, I believe there were patches for Unleashed that improved the framerate and stuff so we never know, they might do, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

They wouldn't have gotten any $$$ from changing the stuff in Sonic 4 either but they did it anyway. I mean let's face it, we all would've bought it with or without the changes. Besides, I believe there were patches for Unleashed that improved the framerate and stuff so we never know, they might do, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Framerate wasn't fixed (comparison videos accurately prove this) but they did fix a couple of glitches, namesly the one where Sandra would disappear in Shamar leaving you unable to complete the game. But something like Super Sonic? I don't see why they'd change that.

Okay, just last night, I finally unlocked the Super Forms. And I find them to be not as bad as a lot of people are saying. They could be better, but I do not find them to be completly terrible either.

I find them to be akin to the Super Form in Sonic Riders. It was not the best type of gear available, but could be decent in some of the levels if you knew how to use him, and knew where all the ring capsles are.

He was terrible in Zero Gravity, even with a lightning shield, and I don't know how he is in free riders. I've never played that game and I'm not sure I ever will.

Again, he's like the SS from the first Riders. Not the best, but fun to use. And he's rather cool looking as well.

I'm only really bothered by the ring drain speed. I guess it's okay for Modern since he has that level skip boost (kind of like Shadow's Chaos Control), but Classic Sonic should definitely last longer since his speed barely increases. Actually I'm not sure that his speed changes at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWfryOJ-cTc

This is what Super Sonic would look like if he wasn't god awful. And HO-LEE-SHEET!

If THAT'S the reason why he's so nerfed in this game, I couldn't possibly come up with a reason why they'd want to PREVENT that?

Are they afraid people would abuse it for crazy scores? Ranking mode doesn't allow Super Sonic!

Are they worried about easy S ranks? They don't give you anything for the trouble!

Fuck, we have to give up every other skill in the game to use it, it's unavailable in missions, I mean, there's no reason NOT to give us something this cool.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 4

Earlier it was said that Sega would not make any money making a Super Sonic fix. But I disagree.

If Sega were to put up a "improved super sonic" DLC, I believe quite a few people would buy points for it. Including me.

I do not expect it to happen however. Shame.

I really wish I had a gaming computer right now, but I don't have near enough money now for such a thing. :/