Awoo.

Why does Super Sonic suck so much?

Brianzilla2004

They could just add the Super Sonic fix code inside map DLC so they still make money. Changing the ring drain speed would be one line of code changed, just increasing x in something like

yield WaitForSeconds(x);

Come on Sega I want to fuck up Crisis City haha.

Edited by Dreamcast

Agreed. We need to at least try to get SEGA to fix this. This is what we're missing on consoles, people. I don't want to pay for an expensive computer to play the same game on a smaller screen just to have a decent Super Sonic.

FIX IT, SEGA!

It's not exactly broken so much as it is a design choice, SEGA aren't going to "fix" it because it was made that way on purpose, the PC version is only different because it was hacked.

*looks at video*

Jesus. No one hog should have all that power.

Why would anyone actually want that in the game? Super Sonic is supposed to be God Mode Invulnerability, not Auto-Rape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWfryOJ-cTc

This is what Super Sonic would look like if he wasn't god awful. And HO-LEE-SHEET!

If THAT'S the reason why he's so nerfed in this game, I couldn't possibly come up with a reason why they'd want to PREVENT that?

Are they afraid people would abuse it for crazy scores? Ranking mode doesn't allow Super Sonic!

Are they worried about easy S ranks? They don't give you anything for the trouble!

Fuck, we have to give up every other skill in the game to use it, it's unavailable in missions, I mean, there's no reason NOT to give us something this cool.

Didn't you know? They don't want us to have any fun.

And for the S ranks, they are so freaking easy to get even without Super Sonic.

Earlier it was said that Sega would not make any money making a Super Sonic fix. But I disagree.

If Sega were to put up a "improved super sonic" DLC, I believe quite a few people would buy points for it. Including me.

I do not expect it to happen however. Shame.

I really wish I had a gaming computer right now, but I don't have near enough money now for such a thing. :/

Yeah a "few". They want more than a few. And if the DLC cost an overpriced $5.99, would you buy it? Sega overprices their DLC and their games (Sonic 4 for example at launch).

Don't get me wrong, I want them to fix Super Sonic. But they did this on purpose, it's not a bug or an experiment to see how we react. So this fix will never happen.

Edited by Crystaline Starlight

Well Modern Super Sonic can fly and has endless boost...oh who am I kidding? Your rings drop like heavy weights, and there's hardly a difference with Classic Super Sonic? Who needs Super Sonic when you have the Homing Attack, Auto-Gauge and Double Gauge?

Classic/Modern Super Sonic in Generations if he was done right. They even gave him the ability to fly similar to Modern Super Sonic's flying ability in Generations, and yet he doesn't lose 2 rings per second!

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFanPhase2

SEGA just secretly hates you. But anyway, if Super Sonic was overpowered, I would get bored with him fast. Then again, now he is too nerfed, Classic could just lose rings 1 per second, and Modern only fly when air boosting. But SEGA won't fix something that isn't broken.

Super Sonic does need to be fixed. He still gets hurt in some places, he dies in the GHZ Act 2 corkscrew, and he can't push the blocks in Chemical Plant. That is some epic fail.

Yeah, and in City Escape 1 he can't ride skateboards. It's rubbish when you can't even play the stages properly with him.

Edited by Blue Blood

Yeah, and in City Escape 1 he can't ride skateboards. It's rubbish when you can't even play the stages properly with him.

see blue this is why i'm fine with super sonic being time eater exculsive on the 3ds. he broken in the console version

see blue this is why i'm fine with super sonic being time eater exculsive on the 3ds. he broken in the console version

"He's bad in one version of the game, so I want him to be even worse in the other version."

That doesn't make any sense.

If Super Sonic is terrible in the console version, it doesn't mean he will be terrible on the 3DS version.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, so just because he's bad in one version, he should be essentially omitted from the other version? Sorry, but that doesn't make a lick of sense. Wouldn't the more proper solution be to make him good in both versions?

• Thumbs Up 3

If Super Sonic is terrible in the console version, it doesn't mean he will be terrible on the 3DS version.

never said he was terrible in the 3DS verison. I wouldn't want Super Sonic to be a last mintue add on to the levels like the console verison basically did

Simple explanation for this.

In the classics Super Sonic could get crushed right?

In this game when crushed instead of Dying he just gets hurt.

That was Super Sonic being like in the Classics, getting hurt by being crushed

Well not really.

Super Sonic is immune to getting hurt but not immune to a KO like crushed or drowning. This isn't a KO, this is getting hurt. He shouldn't be affected.

Like Envy said, in the classic games the only way for Super to die was by getting crushed, drowning or falling into a pit (as we all know too well from Mystic Cave...). In this game however there's no such thing a getting crushed, you just lose rings even in regular form. Super Sonic is still hurt like Regular Sonic by crushing objects, which honestly is really annoying. He's just so nerfed beyond belief..

Hoo boy, that's some bass ackwards logic if I've ever seen it.

never said he was terrible in the 3DS verison. I wouldn't want Super Sonic to be a last mintue add on to the levels like the console verison basically did

Except he wasn't a last minute add on, and there were traces of him even in the original demo. A lot of Super Sonic's faults in the console version are just poor design choices. The Chemical Plant thing is definitely a glitch though. Like Blue said, there is some logic in Super losing rings to crushing objects, but that was just a bad design choice in general. It really should be an insta kill but the game's difficulty is set to "preschooler" for some odd reason.

Actually it's a new transformation in Generations. He looks exactly like Super Sonic, except he's awful. He goes by the name Subpar Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'll happily agree that Generations Super Sonic suffers from bad design decisions, but the claim that modern Super is a rushed tacked-on feature is completely bogus. They changed Super Sonic, which means putting a lot of effort into making sure Super's new features would work with the existing levels. The developers actually had to go to the trouble of setting triggers within every single modern act to decide whether Super Sonic's air boost flight would activate or not.

If that's rushed and tacked-on, then Shadow's Chaos Control ability in his eponymous game was a rushed tacked-on feature, because they function identically. There's portions in Shadows' game where Chaos Control just plain refuses to carry you forward.

That said, I can't for the life of me understand why Classic Super Sonic isn't any faster. That one really does feel like a rushed tacked-on feature, like an alternate skin with permanent invincibility. He should at least have the accelleration of the speed shoes, right?

Classic super has over 3x as much acceleration as normal classic. However, it's his top speed that is virtually unchanged.

Classic super has over 3x as much acceleration as normal classic. However, it's his top speed that is virtually unchanged.

No. No he doesn't. Your statement is false. I might be convinced that he has 1.25x accelleration, but 3x is clearly not the case.

Well if I'm reading the files correctly, normal classic's acceleration is 6.9 while Super's is 25. Sooo yeah he does - how good the acceleration is probably doesn't mean much in the long run though.

Also I can't seem to find Super Sonic's top speed variable. Is it MaxVelocityBasisSps? Because no matter how high it's set, I don't see any noticeable change. Unless I really need to put it in the thousands to get any results.

• Thumbs Up 1

I won't argue what the stats say, but I will insist that Classic Super Sonic does NOT reach full accelleration in one third of the time regular Classic does.