Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Well since Sonic Generations is now out on PC it's only a while until we can expect some mods to pop up so here's the official thread dedicated to mods for Sonic Generations, so post em here if you got any, or give ideas or suggestions about mods

I just want to see Shadow as a playable character. I mean, everything's there.

I would love to see that as DLC for PS3 (it wont happen though)

But if there ever is a mod for playable characters in classic stages ill download steam version

Edited by Babymario26

Well are there any mods out there yet or what?

Not to my knowledge

Edit: HURP NINJA'D

Let the hacking begin...

Edited by Heart
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd actually love to give the 'Classic in Modern' and 'Modern in Classic' hacks a go. They looked pretty fun from the when the demo was hacked.

Wouldn't mind if this became a mod:

And for Classic in modern, give it a better working spindash. :D

I would like to see one of the minor characters playable in some hack, something like that old Eggman in City Escape video.

• Thumbs Up 2

In an interview, they said they had considered porting to the Wii, but the hardware wasn't able to handle the game.

There's evidence that Colors started out as a port of Generations for the Wii. Asset filenames and models are essentially shared, hence the badniks having the same designs. Except in colors, the filenames ended in "sd" instead of "hd" since they were lower poly.

This information came from Retro, I believe Polygon Jim said something about it. It makes some sense, if you think about it.

Anyways, it'll be awesome once there's mods for fixing rolling, Super Sonic, and Classic Sonic's jump.

Edited by Shade Vortex

Hey! Hey!

How about a Mod that enables Skills in extra/boss stages??

Seeing Super Sonic vs. Shadow/Silver or even Perfect Chaos would be Insane~

(also, on the topic of SS. Infinite Rings...)

Edited by WhoZ

Following up on what I said earlier, Classic Eggman in Modern City Escape.

• Thumbs Up 1

So yah anyways I managed to get Classic in Modern City Escape w/ SKATEBOARD!

ctecinm.png

ctecinm2.png

(It freezes at the 2nd screenshot for some reason)

I can't upload a video since my internet's kinda capped till next week. But once it's good I will.

Just wanna ask but what program did you use to edit the files?

Erm... wouldn't you need to create animations from scratch? I would, but... no.

I used QuickBMS to extract the .cpk files, artools to extract/rebuild the .ar archives, Notepad to screw around with the .xml files and CRI Packed File Manager to rebuild the edited files into a .cpk. (Credit to Andrew75 at Retro for some of the links)

When building the .cpk, make sure to set the 'Data Align' to '64', the 'File Mode' to 'Filename' and all checkboxes are unchecked. Also compression is completely unnecessary and makes the building process considerably longer, so don't do it.

Ok thanks, sad face tho wish it could be like most other games where you can just open the file and mess around, what an annoying process.