Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Why dude? it would ruin the point of the super mod.

Well I don't mean having the exact same physics as super sonic, just being able to reach that speed, basically raise regular sonic's speed cap.

Well I don't mean having the exact same physics as super sonic, just being able to reach that speed, basically raise regular sonic's speed cap.

Do you guys know which of these is sonic's top speed?

<MaxDownVelocity>60</MaxDownVelocity>

<MaxHorzVelocity>145</MaxHorzVelocity>

<MaxUpVelocity>60</MaxUpVelocity>

<MaxVelocityBasis>30</MaxVelocityBasis>

<MaxVelocityBasisBaseUp>40</MaxVelocityBasisBaseUp>

<MaxVelocityBasisSps>145</MaxVelocityBasisSps>

<MaxVelocityCoefOnSpike>0.65</MaxVelocityCoefOnSpike>

<MaxVelocityFinalMax>145</MaxVelocityFinalMax>

Edit: I tried to change all of these and it doesn't work. I can change acceleration, but not speed. Help anyone?

Edited by glide

Hi, I'm a newbie here, and I was reading a few pages back on how to change the music in the PC version of the game. So far I've figured everything out except for how to actually put the music back into the .cpk file. I'm trying to put the Crush 40 Sonic Boom over the original, but I've got no idea how to do it. If anyone could help me, that would be great.

Hi, I'm a newbie here, and I was reading a few pages back on how to change the music in the PC version of the game. So far I've figured everything out except for how to actually put the music back into the .cpk file. I'm trying to put the Crush 40 Sonic Boom over the original, but I've got no idea how to do it. If anyone could help me, that would be great.

The info for music changing was my doing. Here's a quick (but verbose) rundown of the process (don't ask for a better explanation or for a tutorial video. This is the best I can do...)

Assuming you've made the AAX files correctly (or you're just using the ones I provided with the AAX creation tools), you have to use QuickBMS (and its CPK script) to extract the files from SNG22_ADD.cpk (You can find it in the game's sound folder.) Make sure you extract the files into an empty folder.

Within the empty folder, you'll find a synth folder. In there will be all the add-in AAX files. Move the Crush 40 Sonic Boom AAX into that folder, and change the filename to match the original AAX (EMCR033_SonicBoom_CD_EDITED_wav.aax in this case).

You then have to use Crifilesystem (The CriPackedFileMaker.exe to be specific) to create a new CPK. You need to set the base directory to the folder containing the synth folder. Click the Build CPK button, but make sure the data align is set to 64 and all other settings are unchecked before you click the start to build option. Once that's done, rename the new CPK to SNG22_ADD and place it in the game's sound folder (MAKE SURE TO BACK UP THE ORIGINAL CPK BEFORE REPLACING IT!)

If you do all of that correctly, it should work without any problems. If you don't understand any of this, or you run into errors within the game, then I'll just cop-out and make one for you (I'd prefer not having to...)

The info for music changing was my doing. Here's a quick (but verbose) rundown of the process (don't ask for a better explanation or for a tutorial video. This is the best I can do...)

Assuming you've made the AAX files correctly (or you're just using the ones I provided with the AAX creation tools), you have to use QuickBMS (and its CPK script) to extract the files from SNG22_ADD.cpk (You can find it in the game's sound folder.) Make sure you extract the files into an empty folder.

Within the empty folder, you'll find a synth folder. In there will be all the add-in AAX files. Move the Crush 40 Sonic Boom AAX into that folder, and change the filename to match the original AAX (EMCR033_SonicBoom_CD_EDITED_wav.aax in this case).

You then have to use Crifilesystem (The CriPackedFileMaker.exe to be specific) to create a new CPK. You need to set the base directory to the folder containing the synth folder. Click the Build CPK button, but make sure the data align is set to 64 and all other settings are unchecked before you click the start to build option. Once that's done, rename the new CPK to SNG22_ADD and place it in the game's sound folder (MAKE SURE TO BACK UP THE ORIGINAL CPK BEFORE REPLACING IT!)

If you do all of that correctly, it should work without any problems. If you don't understand any of this, or you run into errors within the game, then I'll just cop-out and make one for you (I'd prefer not having to...)

I've done everything you said to the letter, yet for some reason when I start the game, ALL of the unlockable songs are silent. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so if you could give me a suggestion that'd be great. I don't want you to make it for me because I want to know how to do this myself and make sure I'm doing it right.

There's not much I can think of. I have no idea what could have possibly gone wrong solely because I've never had any problems or errors in my own experience.

Just to troubleshoot, are you sure you didn't alter the original songs at all (besides replacing Sonic Boom), are you sure that the Data Align was set to 64 and none of the CPK creation options were checked (ESPECIALLY the Try Compression option), and are you sure you made the CPK using the folder CONTAINING the synth folder (For example, if the AAX files are in C:\Users\Namehere\Sonic Generations Hack Tools\ADD\Synth , the base directory for the CPK would be C:\Users\Namehere\Sonic Generations Hack Tools\ADD . Additionally, the base directory cannot have anything else in it besides the synth folder, and the Synth Folder HAS to have that name.)

There's not much I can think of. I have no idea what could have possibly gone wrong solely because I've never had any problems or errors in my own experience.

Just to troubleshoot, are you sure you didn't alter the original songs at all (besides replacing Sonic Boom), are you sure that the Data Align was set to 64 and none of the CPK creation options were checked (ESPECIALLY the Try Compression option), and are you sure you made the CPK using the folder CONTAINING the synth folder (For example, if the AAX files are in C:\Users\Namehere\Sonic Generations Hack Tools\ADD\Synth , the base directory for the CPK would be C:\Users\Namehere\Sonic Generations Hack Tools\ADD . Additionally, the base directory cannot have anything else in it besides the synth folder, and the Synth Folder HAS to have that name.)

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to import the Sonic models into 3DSMax/Maya to play around with? And would they be pre-rigged?

Thanks in advance!

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to import the Sonic models into 3DSMax/Maya to play around with? And would they be pre-rigged?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. It requires this 3DS Max 2010/2011/2012 script http://www.mediafire.com/?wqn91e5cyu99h1m (Credit goes to darkspines35 of Sonic Retro.)

Textures are applied, and full rigging is available. The only problems involve inter-changable parts on some characters (Mostly the mouths of the non-human / non-robot characters. Instead of being separate objects, they're only separate elements within a single object. Just warning you.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know if anybody wants them for fangaming projects and such, But Azu of Retro did a (almost) english full voice dump of Generations:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32409323/Rips/Voices.7z

Its a whopping 351 MBs and its in a .7z archive which means you'll need 7-zip to extract it.

don't let all the sub-directeries overwelm you when you first start looking around. there basically empty directorys within directorys *insert inception joke here*

Heres the run down in what is in each folder:

Voices\30VCE_BLB_NP_EN.cpk_unpacked\Synth\3000000_voice\3500000_VCE_BLB_EN = Final Boss Battle Character voice clips ("SONIC, LOOK OUT! THAT LOOKS LIKE A HOMING SHOT!! and such)

Voices\30VCE_BOS_EG_EN.cpk_unpacked\Synth\3000000_voice\3010000_VCE_BOS_EG_EN = Eggman Classic and Modern's voice clips. Egg Dragoon's fight is in there too.

Voices\30VCE_EVT_NP_EN.cpk_unpacked\Synth\3000000_voice\3700000_VCE_EVT_EN = Character has been freed voice clips ("Thanks Sonic. You did a good job back there. Btw, Did you gain weight?!" and such)

Voices\30VCE_HNT_EN_WIN32.cpk_unpacked\Synth\3000000_voice\3800000_VCE_HNT_EN\xbox360 = All Omochao. ("Press the A button to jump!" and such)

Voices\30VCE_STE_EN.cpk_unpacked\Synth\3000000_voice\3900000_VCE_STE_EN = Cutscene's audio. all except 3 are there. The introduction cutscene, the cutscene when the sonics find out whos behind the time eater mess, and the cutscene when sonic says goodbye to his classic self. I'm sure Azu will look into it once he is less busy.

Voices\character voices = This one should be a no brainer but basically its all the character voices including sonic.

Heyo, here's something I've been sharing with Retro lately, but I thought you guys might appreciate it as well. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix the materials and lighting, but at least seeing the geometry in was a BIG, BIG step.

Kudos to JoeTE for ripping and porting over the Unleashed songs. :D

• Thumbs Up 4

Heyo, here's something I've been sharing with Retro lately, but I thought you guys might appreciate it as well. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix the materials and lighting, but at least seeing the geometry in was a BIG, BIG step.

Kudos to JoeTE for ripping and porting over the Unleashed songs. biggrin.png

IF WE CAN GET THERE TO WORK

THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST SONIC MOD EVER!

No tools out for editting geometry yet. But it's possible to edit object level layouts to make new missions if you want.

Example, a lame short edit:

Oh cool. Now we can make Kaizo Generations :lol:

I wondered what happened to jack the infinite? I thought he would hacking the heck out of sonic generation , just saying.

100th POST!!!!! lol

I wondered what happened to jack the infinite? I thought he would hacking the heck out of sonic generation , just saying.

100th POST!!!!! lol

100th POST!!!!! lol

he can't mod the game. Jack owns the PS3 version and doesn' plan on getting the PC version. Hope that helps.

he can't mod the game. Jack owns the PS3 version and doesn' plan on getting the PC version. Hope that helps.

Still its just weird he just drops off the 'net on Generations release day and hasn't been seen since. and what were his reasons to not wanting the PC version?

Kudos to JoeTE for ripping and porting over the Unleashed songs. biggrin.png

Keep up the good work. It gives me one less excuse for buying an Xbox360 (but am I really missing that much in Unleashed?).