Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

After playing through the act a few times, I must say, Windmill Isle plays like a dream. I've yet to have experienced anything game-breaking so far. Now, I'm really interested in seeing how this project will turn out! smile.png

Sorry, I totally missed this post. Well, if everything works but Wave Ocean, then I'd guess the trouble lies there. Maybe some files are missing or some settings are wrong. Try downloading it again (I think Melpontro even released a little update). Or maybe it's the bug that v0.31 fixed (as unlikely as that may be).

Edited by Metalmario20

[media=]

Public Demo Test of Windmill Isle Act 1. If you have any issues please post your Hardware specs. This is only for checking if our conversion methods are working out fine.

Dude this is great! Can't wait to see how you are going to fit all the others in because there are more Unleashed stages than Generations. Are you keeping act 1 at release or are you going to change it to act 2? Oh, and my brother thought it was DLC at first, so you did a brilliant job.;
  • Thumbs Up 2

YESSS! WAVE OCEAN WORKS! The problem was maybe that I was trying to use Advanced Mode and screwup up my .ini's.

Public Demo Test of Windmill Isle Act 1. If you have any issues please post your Hardware specs. This is only for checking if our conversion methods are working out fine.

News'd

I suspect your downloaded count is about to jump up.

Welp, the Dropbox link 509'd.

Everyone's trying to get ahold of the mod. It's just that huge.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Anyone able to MediaFire this?

Edited by The True BlackHawk

*video*

Heh. So THAT's what you wanted the AAX for. I had a feeling you were doing something with that stage, but I wasn't expecting a RELEASE for it. Very nice.

I just tried it out. The game ran slow while I played at 720p (All the stages do that on my system, so it's no big deal.) However, it ran amazingly at 480p, even while recording.

Here's a screenshot biggrin.png

WindmillTest2.png

Also, here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QohGiI25cTQ

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Dario

I just played the Windmill Isle mod and had no issue other than the camera screwing up in some areas and the game crashing after I exited WI and played other stages. I can't wait to play more Unleashed stages, keep up the great job!

Two questions:

1) Are you guys going to port ALL of the daytime Unleashed stages, including the DLC ones?

2) What are you going to do about the Red Star Rings? Place them in the positions where the original stages had the items that unlocked the Extras in Unleashed?

Edited by Dere

*skips apotos links.....Sees that shadow visits apotos then instantly checks it out.*

FML! I really wish I had the PC version of this game.

Is it possible to change the background in the hub world?

The white is just so empty. I'd like the hub world so much more if the background was something else.

Sucks just how little of the level is actually stage collision. Goddammit Sega if I want to run on those mountains and cliffs on the sides and try to experiment with some slope physics let me. Needless restriction of freedom is needless.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can someone give me a detailed tutorial on how to use cpkredir?

Assuming you're using version 3, what you need to do is to use cpkredirInst.exe and that should automatically edit the Generations executable. Put cpkredir.dll and cpkredir.ini in the Sonic Generations main folder. Then in the ..sonic generations/disk folder, you should have bb1.cpk, bb2.cpk and bb3.cpk. A mod often contains a folder that you extract called bb, bb2, and/or bb3, so also use that in the disk file. That is a kind of complex explanation, so I'll try to use bullet points.

In the disk folder, you should have

• bb.cpk
  • bb2.cpk
  • bb3.cpk
  • A folder called bb
  • A folder called bb2
  • A folder called bb3
  • Mods go in folder(s)

In the main folder, you should have

• cpkredir.dll
    • cpkredir.ini (not sure if that one is necessary but I use it in the same folder without any errors.)

I would also suggest reading the Readme (cpkredir.txt) that came with cpkredir as that provides a more thorough explanation on how to do it, as well as the method used for Advanced Mode.

Thanks Korma for this great utility. While I'm not a modder, I have extracted and rebuilt cpk files (from other people's mods) and it is a real pain to do and time-consuming. I'm sure cpkredir will make it easier on everyone.

One thing I have noticed though, and it seems to be just me, is that cpkredir (V3) doesn't close properly. V2 didn't either. After I exit Generations to the desktop, the command console gets stuck. I believe it has something to do with the ToC. Oddly enough, even though I can close the console window via the task manager, I can't seem to even end the process of Sonic Generations (which seems to be running in the background, but not on the task bar) and I have to restart my computer.

Edited by Losphel

Assuming you're using version 3, what you need to do is to use cpkredirInst.exe and that should automatically edit the Generations executable. Put cpkredir.dll and cpkredir.ini in the Sonic Generations main folder. Then in the ..sonic generations/disk folder, you should have bb1.cpk, bb2.cpk and bb3.cpk. A mod often contains a folder that you extract called bb, bb2, and/or bb3, so also use that in the disk file. That is a kind of complex explanation, so I'll try to use bullet points.

In the disk folder, you should have

• bb.cpk
  • bb2.cpk
  • bb3.cpk
  • A folder called bb
  • A folder called bb2
  • A folder called bb3
  • Mods go in folder(s)

In the main folder, you should have

• cpkredir.dll
    • cpkredir.ini (not sure if that one is necessary but I use it in the same folder without any errors.)

I would also suggest reading the Readme (cpkredir.txt) that came with cpkredir as that provides a more thorough explanation on how to do it, as well as the method used for Advanced Mode.

Thanks Korma for this great utility. While I'm not a modder, I have extracted and rebuilt cpk files (from other people's mods) and it is a real pain to do and time-consuming. I'm sure cpkredir will make it easier on everyone.

One thing I have noticed though, and it seems to be just me, is that cpkredir (V3) doesn't close properly. V2 didn't either. After I exit Generations to the desktop, the command console gets stuck. I believe it has something to do with the ToC. Oddly enough, even though I can close the console window via the task manager, I can't seem to even end the process of Sonic Generations (which seems to be running in the background, but not on the task bar) and I have to restart my computer.

But i dont know how to put a mod in the game.

But i dont know how to put a mod in the game.

Firstly, run the cpkredirInst.exe. Then put cpkredir.dll and cpkredir.ini into the Sonic Generations main folder.

When you download a mod, it will usually contain folders called bb, bb2, bb3 (although it may not contain all 3.) Put those folders in ..\sonic generations\disk and the mod should start automatically.

Hopefully that helped a little.

Firstly, run the cpkredirInst.exe. Then put cpkredir.dll and cpkredir.ini into the Sonic Generations main folder.

When you download a mod, it will usually contain folders called bb, bb2, bb3 (although it may not contain all 3.) Put those folders in ..\sonic generations\disk and the mod should start automatically.

Hopefully that helped a little.

It worked, thanks!

Sucks just how little of the level is actually stage collision. Goddammit Sega if I want to run on those mountains and cliffs on the sides and try to experiment with some slope physics let me. Needless restriction of freedom is needless.

It's the tutorial stage. You can't even fall off to the sea (except for one area)

Is there a way to adjust which voice sfx get played when Sonic does actions ingame? I want the voices for homing attack and boost totally separate: boost has one unique voice sfx, but homing attack shares all of its sfx with boost.

[media=]

Just a heads up that Chemical Pant is called Dragon Road. I don't know if that was intentional but I'm saying just in case.

I'm pretty sure it's not (at least by the average player) possible to get to those areas seen in that video. I get what you're saying, but I don't see why they would make it possible to move around somewhere that takes "breaking the game" to get to in the first place. (Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that "drift and launch into the air" trick is a Generations thing, not Unleashed, but I might be wrong about that...?)

Just a heads up that Chemical Pant is called Dragon Road. I don't know if that was intentional but I'm saying just in case.

Consider it an easter egg of me forgetting to take that out from our Loading file. :P

• Thumbs Up 2