Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Someone make a mod about the forgotten characters ;-;

Like Chaos 0, Tikal, Gerald, Maria, Black Doom, GUN Commander, etc etc

...Since someone made a Death Egg Robot mod...

Someone do an Iblis mod. Like a bawzz.

JoeTE, you should give Retro your revision of the 3D White Space mod, as my version with the gravity is still the latest version there.

Does anyone know how to get the first Generations demo files? I'm interested to see what I can do with it. Oh, and if anyone can point me on how to get the Unleashed files, that would be fantastic!

Super Saiyan reference/tribute. The form is solely meant to RESEMBLE one, not actually being the same thing. (I'm a fan of both Sonic and Dragon Ball, BTW)

Ah, OK. Couldn't even find where that bug thing was mentioned anyway, it was probably a mix up. It kinda made sense though considering some of the sprites had them green and the others black (which makes me wonder why didn't they just keep it black or green in all sprites? Palette limitations, maybe?)

Since Dario released a new version of GLVL, I decided to be lazy and test this:

akwlr9.jpg

Feeling compelled to try some of these out.

One of you modding types needs to make a version where all sound effects are done a capella style.

[media=]

• Thumbs Up 2

gracias por nasa dario ff

viva argentina jejejeje pariguayo

Edited by eltoto2012

No fan characters! thats the rule here. Were not helping import fan characters unless we see a really impressive (read: EVERYTHING FUCKING CHANGED) mod attached to it.

JoeTE, you should give Retro your revision of the 3D White Space mod, as my version with the gravity is still the latest version there.

Edited by goku262002

Pass it along to me if you guys are stuck in Pending Limbo. I'll be glad to post it.

Edited by JoeTE

Hm, playing through the White Space in 3D just makes me wonder why they got rid of adjustable camera controls for this game. I mean, the game didn't really suffer much through its omission, but still...

• Thumbs Up 1

One of you modding types needs to make a version where all sound effects are done a capella style.

The fact something like that isn't a legit unlockable in every single video game makes me ashamed of the gaming industry. Thankfully, there are mods.

I think that is a side effect from me removing the camera objects so you get a behind the back view of Sonic in the hub world. I'm guessing without those camera objects, the camera can get a bit off...

Anyways, here's two mods that I did last week during my spare time:

Default Camera Position: Removes all camera objects in the modern stages, and so makes it where the camera is close behind Sonic (try it out in Modern Sky Sanctuary, it's pretty neat! I'm not providing a video for this one tongue.png): http://www.mediafire...1k1q9c6rticx4xt

No Automation (video provided below): Removes all speed boosters, except for some that are necessary for switching into 3D mode, and also removes scripted slopes from both modern and classic stages: http://www.mediafire...sodw7dux6i3cnil

[media=]

That no automation mod looks fantastic. I'm surprised you didn't show off a Modern level, though. "Default camera mode" sounds interesting, too, but wouldn't that make at least some 2D sections a little awkward?

This is most likely a stupid question and I'm sure someone already said it....

But what do I do with two modsDB.ini files?

To be clear so we don't come off as a bunch of assholes (because we really are not), We don't want to be involved with fan character projects unless theres really major and substancal changes that would make us interested enough. Theres plenty of Youtube users who will help you or hell if someone here is working on a fancharacter project but is following the rule and not posting it here maybe they will message you.

But just don't bug us here with it eltoto2012.

• Thumbs Up 6

210kps9.jpg

From the SlenderPickle vid.

Enerjak Metal Generations? I think I have an idea....

210kps9.jpg

From the SlenderPickle vid.

Hm, I didn't know that Dolan was a Sonic fan...

• Thumbs Up 1

This is most likely a stupid question and I'm sure someone already said it....

But what do I do with two modsDB.ini files?

You can only have one, and it needs to act as the main hub for all the mods together. So it should look something like this in the 'mods' folder:

modsDB.png

The No Automation mod is fantastic! Along with the adjusted physics from Lobotomy (merged both mods into one for convinience), all the stages feel so much more satisfying to play through! Especially the Classic acts, definitly my favourite 2D Sonic experience now. Though, since the scripted slopes are gone, the]the game tends to go completely nuts with the fully powered spindash at the very bottom of a slope. And I'm not sure if it's because of merging it with the physics mod, but some parts, like the construction area at the end of Classic City Escape, are now utterly broken.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm, I didn't know that Dolan was a Sonic fan...

----Joke----------->

----My Head----

You can only have one, and it needs to act as the main hub for all the mods together. So it should look something like this in the 'mods' folder:

modsDB.png

The No Automation mod is fantastic! Along with the adjusted physics from Lobotomy (merged both mods into one for convinience), all the stages feel so much more satisfying to play through! Especially the Classic acts, definitly my favourite 2D Sonic experience now. Though, since the scripted slopes are gone, the game tends to go completely nuts with the fully powered spindash at the very bottom of a slope. And I'm not sure if it's because of merging it with the physics mod, but some parts, like the construction area at the end of Classic City Escape, are now utterly broken.

Thank you.

Edited by The True BlackHawk

Enerjak Metal Generations? I think I have an idea....

Well...Enerjak isn't a fan character just a character from the US comics. Still a licensed character from SEGA though!

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing some attempts for the comic characters, as long as they don't look like horrid crap and are unique.

Well...Enerjak isn't a fan character just a character from the US comics.

I know. XP

Alternate_Enerjak.jpg

I guess as a super form for a Knuckles mod or something?

On that note, when are we getting an Excalibur Sonic mod?

*snip*

The fancharacter/archie character thing is irrelevant, the attitude is just horrible. He's pretty much telling people to do the work for him without doing anything on his own. And it's not difficulties with English either, he pretty much PMed me for the same thing in Spanish.

Edited by Dario ff
  • Thumbs Up 1

Before things get uglier, can we please not have this be a mod request topic? Do not post in this topic asking for requests, and do not PM members about requests. That's the end of the issue.

• Thumbs Up 3

Before things get uglier, can we please not have this be a mod request topic? Do not post in this topic asking for requests, and do not PM members about requests. That's the end of the issue.

>>

<<

I'm not requesting...

I'm suggesting.

...I am ;-;

Anyway, I tried out the 3D hub thingie.

It would be useful if the panels switched back to 2D aswell, its also impossible to head up walls with it on.