Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

How can i change the Text Title of the charathers

Like Shadow the hedgehog Title

You're referring to the boss titles, right? If so, go into bb2.cpk, enter the languages folder, then the English folder, then open bxx_cmn.ar.00. Edit the texture using anything that can edit .dds and you're good to go. (The other language folders also have bxx_cmn files if you feel like altering them for other languages.)

Also, you might remember me as the guy who did that video of Super Sonic fighting Perfect Chaos over on Youtube.

Speaking of that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H1qLByoUw4

Got some more of my Super Sonic model swapping shenanigans here. Still no animation swaps (darn quills mess up more when I place Super Sonic's animations over Sonic's. But maybe a certain swap glitch I had earlier could be the key to fixing that)

Also includes the homing attack effect in a non-blue color and in-game music swapping (As in creating AAX files and placing them into the sound cpk's).

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, I know I can remove it all [i can turn them off? How?], but that's where the problem lies: I have no idea where these files are.

UPD: after another hour and a half, I've found the files needed. Mission accomplished happy.png.

*lotsa pics*

Now I've got the perfect material for GMV making and the endless possibilities of making awesome wallpapers xD.

sonicgenerations2011120m.jpg

Come at me bro

• Thumbs Up 8

Hey, isn't it possible to mod the game in a way that skills are enabled in Missions And/Or Bosses? Or is it impossible or the game will break itself?

Why does sonic look stoned?

Sheer, unfathomable power has a tendency to do that.

• Thumbs Up 2

You're referring to the boss titles, right? If so, go into bb2.cpk, enter the languages folder, then the English folder, then open bxx_cmn.ar.00. Edit the texture using anything that can edit .dds and you're good to go. (The other language folders also have bxx_cmn files if you feel like altering them for other languages.)

Also, you might remember me as the guy who did that video of Super Sonic fighting Perfect Chaos over on Youtube.

Speaking of that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H1qLByoUw4

Got some more of my Super Sonic model swapping shenanigans here. Still no animation swaps (darn quills mess up more when I place Super Sonic's animations over Sonic's. But maybe a certain swap glitch I had earlier could be the key to fixing that)

Also includes the homing attack effect in a non-blue color and in-game music swapping (As in creating AAX files and placing them into the sound cpk's).

Thanks Dude !!!! smile.png You Are The Best ..

But How do im change the name title not the color ?

Like He did "FAG"

How ?????????????????????

and in-game music swapping (As in creating AAX files and placing them into the sound cpk's).

Could you do a tutorial video or something on that? My friend (and me when I get the game) wants to do that.

I know this may sound crazy but is there any chance of someone importing Eggman '06 model in place of Modern Eggman? Even if only for the Character Profile Section in the Collection Room...

Edited by XRick

Speaking of that...

(media)pure sex(/media)

Oh, man... When the Egg Dragoon's name came on-screen... It's as if the song was MEANT for that battle. That was awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Could you do a tutorial video or something on that? My friend (and me when I get the game) wants to do that.

I'll probably do a rough screenshot tutorial tomorrow. I'm not very good at video tutorials and hate using my voice on the net.

Oh, man... When the Egg Dragoon's name came on-screen... It's as if the song was MEANT for that battle. That was awesome.

I knew that the instant I first decided to use it. Even after the numerous battle resets I did to get that run, the song never stopped fitting the battle. I also made a looped AAX of the Crush 40 vs Cash Cash mix of Sonic Boom, and found it fitting to the timing of the Hard Mode Perfect Chaos Battle (Only if the opening scene is skipped though... Hearing the lyrics start right as I get the first hit, and then "Time is Now, you can't hide, find the power deep inside" right as I gain control during the last phase were so perfectly timed.)

I'll try to upload my Super Sonic model swap stuff and the tools for making the AAX files (Plus the Big Arms AAX, since it's too good of a song to not let other's use. And the Sonic Boom mix too.)

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're supposed to actually modify the letters on the texture. Just copy+paste letters from the various titles (including the non-English ones) in order to spell out the name you want, and make it cover the part that says SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG.

i didnt understand .. Can you make a tutorial in youtube about this ??? really i didnt understand

Copy& Paste What ?

And ITS Harddd

Let me give you an example...

Before.png

That is what the texture normally looks like. Transparency is on to show how it looks in-game.

After.png

And this is what it would look like if I wanted the game to say "SUPER SHADOW" instead of "SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG" and "SUPER SILVER" instead of "SILVER THE HEDGEHOG".

Notice how I made the SUPER text by splicing together some of the other letters (And having to make that U from scratch), and re-positioned the letters to form the title.

ExampleB.png

And here's an example of the change shown in-game. And yes, that is a Shadow texture mod in the screenshot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty cool, but Super Shadow looks a bit too white, I believe he's more pale yellow than white...

Also, is there no replies to my previous post, put above?

Edited by XRick

Pretty cool, but Super Shadow looks a bit too white, I believe he's more pale yellow than white...

Also, is there no replies to my previous post, put above?

I had a feeling that would be brought up. It's only because of lighting used in the battle. Compare how both Super Sonic and Super Shadow look in these two screenshots.

Example2-1.png

Example3.png

Notice how Super Shadow looks correct in the first screenshot, and how Super Sonic seems to be more of a neon yellow in the second?

And thus far, there did seem to be no replies to your post. The only way I could see it being possible is when it's possible to export 3D models in the .model format. Importing is getting close to perfect, but there's no way to export them yet. And I doubt Sonic 06' used .model, since they involve the Hedgehog Engine...

• Thumbs Up 6

Damn... I collected screenshots all of the Profile Section Characters of the game and some others from the trophies in the Secret Room, but I really wanted to see Eggman '06 in Generations, even if only in the Profile Section...

Edited by XRick

I had a feeling that would be brought up. It's only because of lighting used in the battle. Compare how both Super Sonic and Super Shadow look in these two screenshots.

Example2-1.png

Example3.png

Would it be possible to move Shadow's quills up? (Probably not I'm guessing.)

Let me give you an example...

Before.png

That is what the texture normally looks like. Transparency is on to show how it looks in-game.

After.png

And this is what it would look like if I wanted the game to say "SUPER SHADOW" instead of "SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG" and "SUPER SILVER" instead of "SILVER THE HEDGEHOG".

Notice how I made the SUPER text by splicing together some of the other letters (And having to make that U from scratch), and re-positioned the letters to form the title.

ExampleB.png

And here's an example of the change shown in-game. And yes, that is a Shadow texture mod in the screenshot.

I didnt understand Really .. Can you make a video .. ? tutorial ?

I think that, basically, he edited the file where the Boss/Rival name is located, switched it in the game's folder and then the game recognized it as being the original name.

Something like that, maybe...

Would it be possible to move Shadow's quills up? (Probably not I'm guessing.)

Not without animation editing or model editing.

I think that, basically, he edited the file where the Boss/Rival name is located, switched it in the game's folder and then the game recognized it as being the original name.

Something like that, maybe...

The "file" showing those names is a texture... I just opened it up in Gimp (using a dds plugin), edited it, saved it as a new dds (using the right compression and all. I use IrFanView to check which settings to use), then repacked it in. The game then applies a portion of the texture onto a semi-invisible 3D model to have it show up on the screen.

That wink.png

I don't know much about it so I tried to explain the much I knew to help that guy get it...

Lidor was just having trouble figuring out how to edit the texture, since he's not used to doing anything besides recolors in Photoshop / Gimp / etc.

Anyway, I'm trying to make some "Super Silver" textures. I'm having a hard time getting the fur and the light-blue lines on his gloves / boots to actually look gold (They keep showing up as white. Got some work to do there.)

I've been wondering if it is possible to replace Classic Metal Sonic with Modern Metal Sonic from Free Riders [or Olympics]. Is it possible?

I've been wondering if it is possible to replace Classic Metal Sonic with Modern Metal Sonic from Free Riders [or Olympics]. Is it possible?

Again, not until Model editing is possible. Free Riders doesn't use the same formats as Generations (And Unleashed). And the Wii uses completely different styles of model building / model rendering than the PS3 / Xbox360 (Generations PC is based on the Xbox 360 version.), so the Olympic models is also out of the question.

It's safe to say that if the model isn't already from Generations or Unleashed, then placing it into Generations is impossible until model editing is possible. (And that's not going into rigging, animation issues, etc.)

P.S. - ExampleC.png

I've given up on trying to make the chest fur and those blue lines look right. Nothing I'm doing seems to be fixing them. A video of both Super Hedgehog battles will be up later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it possible to swap classic Sonic with Metal Sonic? If so, can you try? I know you've got quite a lot on hands at the moment.