Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

*video*

New Hack !

Textures has been changed by me

and model is from Darkcatmax

Nice sockpuppet account.

Also, VRay can be quite sexy for rendering GIA. I've just stumbled upon yesterday how it works pretty much, and it requires rendering both a lightmap and a shadowmap(the engine lights geometry on its own and enables the GIA lightmaps on shadowed areas).

FiOR6.png

• Thumbs Up 8

I give up, I have absolutely no idea how to use HxD with this thing. Or the Quick BMS thing either.

Then you'll be glad to hear that CPKREDIR comes with a patcher now.

(See next page.)

Edited by Korama

havnt posted here in a while just been watching but guys we should try and make a jet the hawk mod

Maybe it would be possible to combine his Extreme Gear with the Super Sonic path... Hm.

My previous post got buried on the bottom of the last page, but since this could be interesting for a lot of people, I'll repost it here.

Releasing CPKREDIR v0.3

CPKREDIR intercepts CPK file read operations by Sonic Generations and redirects them to external files. This makes it possible to have the game load modified data files without the need for unpacking and repacking those large CPK archives every time. Internally, CPKREDIR actually creates virtual CPKs on the fly, or rather their most important data structures (header and table of contents). Those virtual CPKs are presented to the game and when it tries to read from them, the requested data is fetched from the original CPKs or from external user files.

Download the latest version 0.31 here.

It comes with a pretty lengthy documentation, a new patcher for people who can't operate hex editors, and some example files that let you play Dario FF's "Classic Sonic Adventures", after downloading his fixed files.

This version introduces some big new features, such as the possibility to load multiple mods at once (not all mods play nice with each other, though).

Here are some screenshots of the console logging window with CPKREDIR running a combination of Melpontro's Wave Ocean and Megamaniscrazy's Shadow mod:

cpkredir018bbou.png cpkredir0294xfd.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions about it here, or let me know of bugs you encounter.

Edited by Korama
  • Thumbs Up 2

Take screenshots of what you're doing.

instructions.pngThis is the instructions for HxD.

instructions2.png

How to put Lobotomy's files (supposedly)

instructions3.png

Me putting cpkredir.dll into coding (made a backup)

instructions4.png

The Disk File

instructions5.png

Lobotomy's Fixing Generations 4ever files, placed in the disk as told by the instructions.

instructions6.png

The end result of all of this: It doesn't even load.

So Lobotomy, what do you think I did wrong?

Edited by Enigmatus

Well, first of all, you don't even have any .cpk files, so it's no wonder why it isn't working.

Well, first of all, you don't even have any .cpk files, so it's no wonder why it isn't working.

ok...so where do i get that?

So Lobotomy, what do you think I did wrong?

Your HxD screenshot looks fine. The screenshot of the cpkredir log window shows the crash happening the moment disk\bb3.cpk gets opened.

Yet your screenshot of Sonic Generation's "disk" folder shows that it's empty! What happened to the three CPK files that should be there (bb.cpk, bb2.cpk, bb3.cpk)? They MUST be present or else cpkredir and the game won't work!

ok...so where do i get that?

You get those files by normally installing the game. Try checking/updating it in Steam.

Edited by Korama

Your HxD screenshot looks fine. The screenshot of the cpkredir log window shows the crash happening the moment disk\bb3.cpk gets opened.

Yet your screenshot of Sonic Generation's "disk" folder shows that it's empty! What happened to the three CPK files that should be there (bb.cpk, bb2.cpk, bb3.cpk)? They MUST be present or else cpkredir and the game won't work!

DOH!

Instructions were misleading, said to Replace those. Ill get that fixed.

Or maybe I just misread that.

YES! IT WORKS! MY OWN STUPIDITY WAS THE CAUSE!

Instructions were misleading, said to Replace those. Ill get that fixed.

Replace the files in the bb, bb2 and bb3 FOLDERS with my modded ones, not delete the .cpks.

Does the mod work yet? You can tell immediately by whether or not Modern Sonic can roll or if Classic's Spindash is slightly slower.

Edited by Lobotomy

Great work on the lighting issues. Man, without you Dario (and the rest of your crew) we'd just be doing texture hacks!

You should get yourself an avatar/display there Dario btw.

• Thumbs Up 2

Replace the files in the bb, bb2 and bb3 FOLDERS with my modded ones, not delete the .cpks.

Does the mod work yet? You can tell immediately by whether or not Modern Sonic can roll or if Classic's Spindash is slightly slower.

Works now. Finally!

So uh.. If you don't mind me asking...

What's the point?

We already have Sonic and Shadow, what's the point of making Shadow with Sonic's textures? It sounds so backwards.

This mod will be called ! : Dororo The Hedgehog !

ive made an Updates .!

Hyper Dororo ! (witch is a form of Hyper from JOETES)

And theres alot to see

i Have an Request !@

i need an Animation of Sonic Homing attack without the Blue Spin thing

and the Spindash without the Blue Thing

i need a Help

i dont want the Blue Thing

Oh please, DON'T!!!

Here we go, the recolors and other stuff that made the 2006 model rippers not wanting to share their stuff!

Guys, get real!!! Nobody (No Real Sonic Fan) cares for those mods of yours!

Edited by XRick
  • Thumbs Up 4

Always watching over this topic and I wonder, what happened to the guy behind remaking the Bridge Zone? I would love to see some footage of that!

or take the metal sonic boss stage and remake the Stardust speedway Zone but add your own obstacles for Classic Sonic that would be nice you could also take out the metal sonic if possible...or just work on fixing silvers quills when running like make custom animations for him and put things like his floating animations from 06... his stomp can be the drop shock move he has but those are just dreams even though i think its possible.... we still need to get the flames under shadows shoes when skating or take knuckles spinning in midair when gliding and just make it straight forward... but one level id really like to see remade would be final chase or final rush but longer than usual because sonics boost will make it a super short level to enjoy

or take the metal sonic boss stage and remake the Stardust speedway Zone but add your own obstacles for Classic Sonic that would be nice you could also take out the metal sonic if possible...or just work on fixing silvers quills when running like make custom animations for him and put things like his floating animations from 06... his stomp can be the drop shock move he has but those are just dreams even though i think its possible.... we still need to get the flames under shadows shoes when skating or take knuckles spinning in midair when gliding and just make it straight forward... but one level id really like to see remade would be final chase or final rush but longer than usual because sonics boost will make it a super short level to enjoy

Or take the Metal Sonic boss stage and remake the Stardust speedway Zone but add your own obstacles for Classic Sonic; that would be nice. You could also take out the Metal Sonic if possible...or just work on fixing Silver's quills when running like make custom animations for him and put things like his floating animations from 06. His stomp can be the drop shock move he has but those are just dreams even though i think its possible. We still need to get the flames under Shadows' shoes when skating or take Knuckles spinning in midair when gliding and just make it straight forward. But one level I would really like to see remade would be final chase or final rush but longer than usual because sonics boost will make it a super short level to enjoy.

Fixed to the best of my ability.

Edited by Enigmatus

Oh Thank You for translating that to English!smile.png I am still having problems with CPKREDIR and I don't know why. I follow the instructions right down to the letter, and Wave Ocean always crashes. However, darkcatmax's Fire Sonic mod and Megamaniscrazy's Shadow mod work perfectly fine. What is wrong here?

I am still having problems with CPKREDIR and I don't know why. I follow the instructions right down to the letter, and Wave Ocean always crashes.

Are you using the latest version? Are your CPK files clean, ie. the original ones and not some repacked ones that already include some mods? And how are you using CPKREDIR, in simple mode (modded files copied into "disk\bb*" folders) or advanced mode (using INI files to point to the modded Wave Ocean files)?

Always watching over this topic and I wonder, what happened to the guy behind remaking the Bridge Zone? I would love to see some footage of that!

That was Lobotomy's project. Hey Lob, hows that going btw?

Oh please, DON'T!!!

Here we go, the recolor and other stuff that made the 2006 model rippers not wanting to share their stuff!

Guys, get real!!! Nobody cares for those mods of yours!

I fully fucking agree here. Don't bring your crap recolor hacks here, nobody cares unless you got something really substantial. go show them off to youtube or something.

Edited by goku262002

Oh please, DON'T!!!

Here we go, the recolor and other stuff that made the 2006 model rippers not wanting to share their stuff!

Guys, get real!!! Nobody cares for those mods of yours!

You mean no real sonic fan cares. Because unfortunatly there are people who like the recolors, curse you people who make and/or like recolors.

You mean no real sonic fan cares. Because unfortunatly there are people who like the recolors, curse you people who make and/or like recolors.

I hate sprite recolors especially.

Imma go off topic for a second. I know the usual crap recolor hacks are just a Sonic 1/2 with different palletes and different enemy and ring placements. but the reason I said "something really substantial" is because there are rare cases of when a recolor hack can blow peoples minds.

Case in point, the popular pana der hejhog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQC48v9gRkk

Now back to the point here, If you can bring in ^^this^^ kind of creativity and substance to the table with your Generations hacking then please let us see it. but if its just shit recolors in a blue GHZ then go somewhere else.

• Thumbs Up 7