Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Okay, so what exactly is Lobotomy doing here with Windmill Isle? I'm confused. It looks great but.....what is it?

Edited by Chaos Warp

Okay, so what exactly is Lobotomy doing here with Windmill Isle? I'm confused. It looks great but.....what is it?

Replacing the old textures with better ones, I believe.

• Thumbs Up 2

Replacing the old textures with better ones, I believe.

Yeah. These aren't the final textures, mind. I ripped the ferns from Skyrim. I'm having immense difficulty finding a decent daisy texture.

okay, so i 've been messing around with the param files for going on like 7 hours now, and it's come to my attention that the levels override various parameters i would like to keep all the time. speed limits and such i can deal with, but sometimes, i don't understand.

my goal was simple; make sanic turn gooder in slower speedness.

not just steering, but actual "point the stick, and he turns that way with very minimal delay", which would be closer to the unleashed sonic (interestingly, deleting the param data and reverting him back doesn't restore his turning, and subsequently space-walks his hurdles). through fluke farting around, i managed to get it right, maybe even perfect (i accidentally overwrote it later because i suck at this)

but only at the beginning of the sky sanctuary. after that, it was back to the old turn-as-slow-as-a-drunk-plumber while holding the stick in the way i wanted to go, again, turning before moving. even speeding up the motions seemed to not do much.

the thing is, though - this state exists already in the game, and at one place i think of in particular:

the very beginning of the game in act 2 of green hill. as soon as you clear the ramp and make your way to the wooden bridge with the motobugs, you can easily just flick the control stick and aim sonic perfectly, while still maintaining the ability to accelerate into dash mode, etc., or i would assume so, since you don't get to test it much further than that, because once you've cleared that short segment, the style reverts again, and even if you return a ways, it's gone for good until you restart.

someone else likely discovered this beforehand, but really, is it possible to locate every instance of the overwrites (aside from generic 2D/3D params), or is there a way to enforce a master command on all 3D segments to match whatever is happening in GH2? nevermind, it's in the stage ar.'s.

i'm aware this would make the game considerably more tolerable than it already is, and should be stopped at all costs, but any kind of insight would be great. i'm not what you'd call "technically inclined".

i thought i managed to fix sonic's feet to adapt to the floor plane/slope, but it only seemed to work every once in a while in various stages.

in case you have no idea what green hill zone is or what a motobug should look like, i have posted an image at the bottom for clarification on the location i'd like to emulate (it's dash-mode, one of sonic's 3 ground modes for segments).

EDIT:

there are several of these overwrites in stages, and this may be related to the way the spin dash works in 3D. every time you spin dash in 2D, the camera assumes your position for the speed-lock. obviously, when you SD in 2D, then reach a 3D segment, it works. the game might be saving or even creating your relation to the camera somewhere, and when you SD in 3D without a prior setup, that value is not there beforehand, and that may be related to why the game crashes. i know these are things that people have already known, but the idea is this - is there a way to create a base value at the start of each segment, and if anyone has any ideas on eliminating the 2D-tracking camera when you dash, that would probably make things even easier, as 3D movement already has a 3D-follow camera system we could use as a base (which could also be why spikes work, since they might not have the same lock-and-track camera). using the various mode toggles, we may be able to use the various modes that classic does not use and just patch together a camera/motion system for 3D segments that maybe won't crash the game. nope, not the same as modern sanic.

either we disable the track camera, write a permanent value that locks behind him in 3D areas, or disable any camera data that isn't flagged in the stage segments. it may also include removing all pointers to the special effects related to the spin dash. that may also be related to the wisps crashing between sonics, despite having param data unique to both, the pointers may not be where they could be for function and the effects aren't included. hell, spike doesn't even get a unique #.ar.

post-4333-0-74103500-1337335231_thumb.jp

post-4333-0-74103500-1337335231_thumb.jp

Edited by darkmelee

actually, in pseudo-response to my own post, would anyone know if the overwrites are similar to those used in unleashed? because that means that there's a param out there somewhere for sonic in the unleashed hub stages. could i theoretically take the motion/rotation info from that and apply it to his lowest movement speed set? maybe that won't be overwritten as much as general motion/rotation on the ground.

this is literally the last part i need for what i would consider a perfectly able sonic the hedgehog, and i really only want to apply this to ground motion before he begins jogging and locking a trajectory. my jump edits stay, and everything else seems consistant, but for some reason, his turning is the thing that changes back most often. EDIT: figured it out, and changed my mind on some things.

i did manage to mess wioth a fair amount of shtuff, though, and it's incredible just how specific some of the entries are.

<XButtonHoming>false</XButtonHoming>

GEE, I WONDER WHAT THAT DOES (and if you'd like to revert that, then you are totally able without deleting/commenting out the whole param).

still, there's a ton of leftovers from unleashed, even the QTE panels, big chaser, ice, etc. (crap most everyone knows about), even some good old fashioned possible oversight.

<BoudnJumpVelocity>13</BoudnJumpVelocity>

i'm not sure what a boudnjump is, but i'm thinking about fixing the typo and testing out to see if it was a typo, or a mistake that they rolled with. it's the jump for when the player jumps from a wall while bound by sloperun and i don't think it mattered after testing.

still, i wholly appreciate SEGA's efforts to be as explicit as possible with delicate information, just so i could fart around and make crazy crap happen in ways they're not meant to by design. and i apologize for loading up a thread with more nonsense of me basically rambling aloud (in text mind you)..

the windmill isle demo worked flawlessly on my toaster, aside fomr the obvious irks (water, etc.) and devil's-magic barrels.

AMD Phenom II 3.31GHz

Windows 7 HP

ASUS GTX 560 DCUII @850 MHz (Nvidia chipset, makes good toast)

16 Gig RAM

also, CPKREDIR is the best thing ever. made mah day.

EDIT: SPEAKING OF LEFTOVERS

<Category>

<Name>Genesis Emulator エミュレーター</Name>

<Stage>

<Type>Genesis</Type>

<Name>Genesis Emulator</Name>

</Stage>

so i found this, also, but alas, only the UI, archive data for this and the controller (but no actual controller), and stage select/dds are available, so no controller/models/emulator data so far, etc.. seriously though, it's real depressing, since if they only locked out the controller or just removed the ROM, then there'd be a chance for reinjection, but NOPE.

Edited by darkmelee

still, there's a ton of leftovers from unleashed, even the QTE panels, big chaser, ice, etc. (crap most everyone knows about), even some good old fashioned possible oversight.

I've confirmed ice materials are leftover (both .material files and collision materials/properties), but can you confirm that the QTE panels and big chasers are still in the game?

I've confirmed ice materials are leftover (both .material files and collision materials/properties), but can you confirm that the QTE panels and big chasers are still in the game?

Edited by darkmelee

Hey guys.

I've been trying to learn about all this modding stuff, from model swaps to texturing and i finally began on animations to come up with a more complete mod ^^

So im currently doing stuff like Dario explained here in a previous post, and it works fine biggrin.png

Although then i tried messing with importing existing animations, I got a huge problem O.o

I dunno if I did anything wrong but I used hkxcmd to convert the original animation files into .kf format with the command: "hkxcmd.exe exportkf chr_Sonic_HD.skl.hkx sn_walk_fast_loop.anm.hkx sn_walk_fast_loop.anm.kf" and then got niftools for my 3dsmax 2012 64bits to import the .kf animation files, checking all boxes on prompt.

And well, I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone else and how to fix it?

bug1y.jpg

On the left is a first time load and on the right reloaded exact same animation with no changes at all even same frame. Bones get positioned wrong and therefore bugging the geometry, though sometimes everything looks fine after a few re-imports.

But on some animations that does not happen like on the next pic:

bug2bk.jpg

Ya.. all messed up sad.png Same happens even using all original stuff without any swapping of models.

I hope one of you guys can point out what I'm doing wrong biggrin.png?

On a side note, has anyone been able or is it possible to actually change the .model meshes along with their bone weights?

I ask this because I'd like to make some changes on some models, i.e. make Super versions of other characters, slightly changing the original models' geometry.

Boost certainly does break Metal Harbor.

How exactly do you port levels from other games? Where do you get the geometry files and what is the procedure in porting the level over?

[media=]

hmm..

So very beast. I actually like that it's kind of open so that you can play it the way you want, but yeah, the parts that you can just boost over need to be fixed. Great work so far!

What version of 3ds max are you using? If it's 2013, how did you get the importer to work?

Its the 2012 64 bits version as i said on my post. U cant import with 2013?

Yep, it's impossible to do it on 2013, I was going to ask you how you got 2012. I kind of skimmed your post >.> so I missed the 2012 part. Anyway, I've found how to get 2012, so it's fine now.

OH MY FUCK LOOK AT THIS AMBIENT OCCLUSION.

GQoVv.jpg

What's this, Direct X 10 optimization? Can you port the next Sonic game please?

Hey guys.

I've been trying to learn about all this modding stuff, from model swaps to texturing and i finally began on animations to come up with a more complete mod ^^

So im currently doing stuff like Dario explained here in a previous post, and it works fine biggrin.png

Although then i tried messing with importing existing animations, I got a huge problem O.o

I dunno if I did anything wrong but I used hkxcmd to convert the original animation files into .kf format with the command: "hkxcmd.exe exportkf chr_Sonic_HD.skl.hkx sn_walk_fast_loop.anm.hkx sn_walk_fast_loop.anm.kf" and then got niftools for my 3dsmax 2012 64bits to import the .kf animation files, checking all boxes on prompt.

And well, I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone else and how to fix it?

bug1y.jpg

On the left is a first time load and on the right reloaded exact same animation with no changes at all even same frame. Bones get positioned wrong and therefore bugging the geometry, though sometimes everything looks fine after a few re-imports.

But on some animations that does not happen like on the next pic:

bug2bk.jpg

Ya.. all messed up sad.png Same happens even using all original stuff without any swapping of models.

I hope one of you guys can point out what I'm doing wrong biggrin.png?

On a side note, has anyone been able or is it possible to actually change the .model meshes along with their bone weights?

I ask this because I'd like to make some changes on some models, i.e. make Super versions of other characters, slightly changing the original models' geometry.

A Tails mod? I'm like a crazy looking for a Tails mod (a good mod).

But, the ones I found, Tails is beheaded, or feet are separated of his body, or he is blind...dry.png

I hope the answer is "yes" because I don't know where to find other Mod... unsure.png

A Tails mod? I'm like a crazy looking for a Tails mod (a good mod).

But, the ones I found, Tails is beheaded, or feet are separated of his body, or he is blind...dry.png

I hope the answer is "yes" because I don't know where to find other Mod... unsure.png

Also trying to finally figure out how the skeletons/bones work thanks to a lot of help from Darkspines and Link, not done yet but getting much more closer than I was before:

GOhTs.png

SoMari Unleashed anybody?

Well im planning to release a full Tails mod for both classic and modern plays including the GUI, even the menu models and respective super models if it is possible. And thats why im working with the animations atm because by simply swapping models, they still work according to Sonic's bones, thats why you see bodyparts scatter away. So if i could import the existing animations flawlessly i'd save some animation work, having to just "glue" parts together, tweak movements a bit and animate the tails instead of doing it all from scratch. But im having that issue i showed so i guess the hard way is the way to go unless someone can tell me how to fix it.

I'm warning everyone, if I work this out and I see someone putting a fancharacter I'll never, ever, forgive you.

Well, mon, if that were to happen, you'd be completely justified in knifing me in my sleep. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I know nothing of modding games or anything. Can someone tell me in layman's terms how hard it is to port levels into this game?

I saw someone do it with Delfino Island...

Could someone theoretically port Sonic Riders levels in or something?