Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

No youtube video? I wish I had a decent computer to mod with. :(

I presume this is hard to control. Especially when jumping on names.

• Thumbs Up 2

I uploaded a video of the 3D Hub. It's not the best, but... yeah.

I'm not sure what causes it, but near the end of the video, you'll notice the gravity isn't pleasant.

[media=]

Edited by Zeo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I might as well post this here because my Retro account never got activated.

Is there ever going to be a mod anytime that fixes some of the PC port's bugs? The walljump, the upside down thing in Speed Highway, the buggy light dash, Rouge's mission etc. I also read somewhere that it's possible to optimize the stages.

Edited by Dudeman

I uploaded a video of the 3D Hub. It's not the best, but... yeah.

I'm not sure what causes it, but near the end of the video, you'll notice the gravity isn't pleasant.

I just tried it out. It is hard to control in general. Jumping on names isn't too bad. The worst part is falling off the sides, since it makes you float around a lot in a way that makes it hard (and sometimes impossible) to get back onto the ground.

Sorry about that. I added a negative gravity object that would normally throw you back up to the hub if you fell off, but it seems to be malfunctioning at random times. I added it so you wouldn't have to exit to the title and re-enter the hub. If someone can figure out why it's not working like it's suppose to, I would appreciate it.

Here's an update that does not have the negative gravity object that protects you from falling off, but beware, every time you fall off, you're going to have to go back to the title screen and re-enter the hub: http://www.mediafire...domv6y6ebudezif

(Someone feed this update to Retro tongue.png)

I might as well post this here because my Retro account never got activated.

Is there ever going to be a mod anytime that fixes some of the PC port's bugs? The walljump, the upside down thing in Speed Highway, the buggy light dash, Rouge's mission etc. I also read somewhere that it's possible to optimize the stages.

Here's a fix to the wall jumping glitch. It's just a simple modification to the #Sonic.ar.00 file (ready for use in CPKRedir also): http://www.mediafire...fdog2gr5pcdzb1x

As for the other bugs, I'm not sure if the Speed Highway one can be fixed. I think Retro tried to fix it already to no avail. I've had no issues with the light dash or Rouge's mission.

So, does this mean we might be able to create our own World Map in 3D?

...Because I'm kind of into that idea.

It should be, in theory. The White World is just a regular stage. I know the Unleashed levels will have a hub, which I think I read will be in 3D.

Here's a fix to the wall jumping glitch. It's just a simple modification to the #Sonic.ar.00 file (ready for use in CPKRedir also): http://www.mediafire...fdog2gr5pcdzb1x

So this also fixes the wall jump in the Eggman boss battle? Nevertheless, thanks. It would be handy to have an one-in-all bugfix patch or something similiar, but I suppose I'll have to wait until they get fixed.

As for the other bugs, I'm not sure if the Speed Highway one can be fixed. I think Retro tried to fix it already to no avail. I've had no issues with the light dash or Rouge's mission.

Rouge's mission is weird for me, it used to crash a lot until I uninstalled it, updated my drivers and installed it again. The buggy light dash is rather inconsistent; sometimes it works perfectly (most of Action Master, Speed Highway) while other times it refuses to work (Chemical Plant's shortcut). According to Google, I'm not the only one with that problem.

Edited by Dudeman

SonicGLvl v0.5.3 Update:

http://forums.sonicr...ndpost&p=689676

Includes a lot of fixes to the .model writer(particularly the bone weights problem you were having), new model importer script, new feature to export .model to a COLLADA file, fixed the GIA Processing, and some other changes.

Edited by Dario ff
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wall jumping glitch...?

I've never had any trouble walljumping...

Basically this:

In the video, first it's shown how the wall jump works in the PC version, and then it shows how it works after a modification in the parameter file (which is how the wall jump was supposed to be).

Edited by ezodagrom

Yeah, if you keep holding the direction button you'll stick to the wall.

Obviously not intended.

Edited by Dudeman

So this also fixes the wall jump in the Eggman boss battle? Nevertheless, thanks. It would be handy to have an one-in-all bugfix patch or something similiar, but I suppose I'll have to wait until they get fixed.

That should only fix the wall jump in stages, here's a modification to that fix so it includes both the normal stages and the Egg Dragoon wall jump:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6vk78aobmzzavyn

Edited by ezodagrom

I exported the model of Sonic using SGLvl... I'm not sure it is supposed to do this... XDummn.png

Edited by SuperRiderTH

Select all and delete the first keyframe. Also add a texture search path to wherever you exported your .dae file to.

Alternatively, just use the Importing maxscript on the export_scripts folder.

Edited by Dario ff

SonicGLvl v0.5.3 Update:

http://forums.sonicr...ndpost&p=689676

Includes a lot of fixes to the .model writer(particularly the bone weights problem you were having), new model importer script, new feature to export .model to a COLLADA file, fixed the GIA Processing, and some other changes.

Basically this:

[media=]

In the video, first it's shown how the wall jump works in the PC version, and then it shows how it works after a modification in the parameter file (which is how the wall jump was supposed to be).

Ah, I see, I thought it was how it was intended, but I never did stick on walls too long. I usually use the Walljumping skill.

Since Dario released a new version of GLVL, I decided to be lazy and test this:

[media=]

SlenderPickle. Make it a game.

DO IT SEGA.

Edited by The True BlackHawk
  • Thumbs Up 2

Since Dario released a new version of GLVL, I decided to be lazy and test this:

[media=]

How did you do this? No matter how many times I try, I can't get other models to load in Generations. All I get is crashing at startup.

http://www.mediafire...wmgbi495ta4553n

This is an update to the 3D White Space mod. I fixed the gravity (I think) and made it easier to get back up into the hub. As usual, get onto the jump board around the Green Hill Zone missions to switch to 3D. I haven't quite tested it out, but I think the glitch that was shown in the video below has been fixed. If it seems that that negative gravity isn't throwing you back high enough, just wait a few seconds on the negative gravity, and it should start throwing you higher and higher. Hopefully I make sense. tongue.png

[media=]

http://www.mediafire...wmgbi495ta4553n

This is an update to the 3D White Space mod. I fixed the gravity (I think) and made it easier to get back up into the hub. As usual, get onto the jump board around the Green Hill Zone missions to switch to 3D. I haven't quite tested it out, but I think the glitch that was shown in the video below has been fixed. If it seems that that negative gravity isn't throwing you back high enough, just wait a few seconds on the negative gravity, and it should start throwing you higher and higher. Hopefully I make sense. tongue.png

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've been working on an alternate fix myself. Instead of trying to fix the gravity stuff, I removed the gravity and instead put in a huge invisible floor. Instead of hoping the gravity pushes you up high enough, you can just stand on the blank space and jump back onto the main areas.

Here's an image of my idea

3DHub3.png

Also, I can post a download link to my version if you'd be okay with it.

I'm completely fine with you posting the download link to that alternative fix. I think that's way better than having a negative gravity field that doesn't work 99% of the time. tongue.png

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 2

Edit: I'm not sure whether this always happens with the 3D Hub mods, or if my modifications changed this, but it seems a few of the cameras aren't working exactly as they should. As in, their placement tracking is a little off...
I think that is a side effect from me removing the camera objects so you get a behind the back view of Sonic in the hub world. I'm guessing without those camera objects, the camera can get a bit off...

Anyways, here's two mods that I did last week during my spare time:

Default Camera Position: Removes all camera objects in the modern stages, and so makes it where the camera is close behind Sonic (try it out in Modern Sky Sanctuary, it's pretty neat! I'm not providing a video for this one tongue.png): http://www.mediafire...1k1q9c6rticx4xt

No Automation (video provided below): Removes all speed boosters, except for some that are necessary for switching into 3D mode, and also removes scripted slopes from both modern and classic stages: http://www.mediafire...sodw7dux6i3cnil

[media=]

• Thumbs Up 5

Default Camera Position mod... Y U SO AWESOME AND FUN!?!?!?!

Seriously though, the Def Cam mod is really fun especially when you are grinding. I'm having a blast all around the Modern maps