Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

So as someone who's only just gotten Generations on PC and hasn't used anythign in this topic yet, how would I go about using the 'no automation' mod?

I'm still surprised that nobody has tried hassling me about how these model imports work. I guess using this new ability to make fixes to models isn't exactly an "impressive" idea in the eyes of most people...

So my next two imports are going to probably get that same reception...

2012-05-30_00002.jpg

2012-05-30_00003.jpg

If you can't tell, I used model importing to change which materials are used by each part of the models. In this case, I made it so that the fur uses separate materials from the arms/mouth/chest.

The point is being able to keep Hyper Sonic's color change effect on the fur while having normal colors for the rest of the model. Look really closely at the white fur, you'll notice some slight color tinting in there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just use a trainer to add whatever skills you like.

EDIT: Or use Cheat Engine.

Cheat engine doesn't work for me. :( What trainer works for the Skill Shop update?

Cheat engine doesn't work for me. sad.png What trainer works for the Skill Shop update?

Cheat Engine can be used to change values. It should work.

I remember having used it before, but I can't quite recall what I did. Most likely changing the cap of the skill sets to "999".

Here's an update to the Default Camera Position mod: http://www.mediafire...q4h90zxg9ipx1u6

I must have forgotten to remove some camera objects, because after scanning through all of the levels, there were still some left over. This patch removes more camera objects.

Oh, and here's a video of it for the people that don't have Generations PC, or just can't simply run it. It is also for the people that are too lazy to download it, or have no clue on how to use it.

Sorry for the bad video quality. The video on the No Automation mod was really big, so I decided to use Movie Maker to reduce the file size of this one from 4 GB to 170 MB (roughly). If anyone could suggest on what to use to compress videos efficiently, that would be helpful.

Also, I'm restating this since this is a new page: I would love it if someone could point to where I could get the Generations demo files and the Unleashed files.

• Thumbs Up 5

jejejeje k bien good is coolsmile.png

can I came to annoy just wanted to aid

but only laughed at myblink.png

Edited by eltoto2012

>>

<<

I'm not requesting...

I'm suggesting.

...I am ;-;

'Suggesting'/requesting and downright bothering/being obnoxous to avid modders in this topic are two entirely different things. I don't mind you participating in the conversations (especially regarding the implementation of other SEGA properties into the game through modding) but Sean's trying to draw the line about everything else that's been going on in this topic lately - mostly the actions of a couple of members in specific.

So yeah, keep it civil and on topic. Cut the shit. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

Cheat Engine can be used to change values. It should work.

I remember having used it before, but I can't quite recall what I did. Most likely changing the cap of the skill sets to "999".

I used JoeTE's tutorial, but it never works for me. :( I followed it exactly, but no success. A trainer would work though. @eltoto2012: If you want that model, make it look good. The arm looks like clay. Achie may not be fanchars, but still not exactly canon like importing Big the Cat over Modern Sonic.

metalmario20 but you can help me to introduce it as

can in the game Sonic Generations

unsure.pngis that I feel bad

because they not supported me and

laughed at my

Edited by eltoto2012

metalmario20 but you can help me to introduce it as

can in the game Sonic Generations

unsure.pngis that I feel bad

because they not supported me and

laughed at my

Welcome to the forums! Please visit and read the forum rules by clicking the following link:

http://board.sonicst...tion=boardrules

Post quality is important for your reputation and the reading pleasure of other members. Type in understandable, decent English. Be sure to check your grammar and punctuation.

All members must include at least basic grammar in their posts. We understand that English may not be your first language, but certain things like capital (big) letters when starting sentences and punctuation (.) to end them pretty much exist in all or most languages and should not be hard to use. This should not be too much to ask. =)

I do not like to pick on others' language skills, but do try your best at typing in English. It is very hard to understand a lot of what you are typing, and it is important to make sure everyone else can understand your posts. I can recommend you to look at others' posts and topics in order to observe and learn more about using English.

• Thumbs Up 5

I've updated the no automation and default camera position mods.

No Automation v2 Update Notes: Speed pads and automated slopes in the Perfect Chaos boss, Shadow rival fight, and the hub are now removed.

Default Camera Position v3 Update Notes: Camera objects have been removed from all bosses and the Shadow rival fight. The Metal Sonic and Silver stages don't seem to show any camera objects. They're probably hardcoded into the fights.

No Automation v2 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?3nqqm2jn184s3r4

Default Camera Position v3 Download: http://www.mediafire...kamco76ui6xxadr

EDIT: If you didn't see this message when you download the above updates, redownload them. I've applied a quick patch that made it where it did not apply to the hard mode of the boss and rival stages.

Edited by Sky The Destroyer
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sorry for the bad video quality. The video on the No Automation mod was really big, so I decided to use Movie Maker to reduce the file size of this one from 4 GB to 170 MB (roughly). If anyone could suggest on what to use to compress videos efficiently, that would be helpful.

I use VirtualDub and the DivX Codec for compression, for example this video was around 225MB after being compressed with VirtualDub and the DivX codec, quality preset 8, 9000kbps bitrate, 1280x720 at 30fps (I know, I know, 9000kbps bitrate is way too much for youtube and it just ends up at a lower bitrate after being uploaded).

Your video doesn't really have bad quality though.

Edited by ezodagrom

Man. Bypassing the skill point limits (and giving myself infinite uses of certain skills) can make for some really crazy gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUen6mzbkBg

Admit it. After watching this, you're now thinking that Modern Sonic is too slow.

I use VirtualDub and the DivX Codec for compression, for example this video was around 225MB after being compressed with VirtualDub and the DivX codec, quality preset 8, 9000kbps bitrate, 1280x720 at 30fps (I know, I know, 9000kbps bitrate is way too much for youtube and it just ends up at a lower bitrate after being uploaded).

[media=]

Interesting.

For comparison, the video I included in post was recorded at 720x480 (I'd record in 1280p more often, but the game lags too much), 60fps, with a lossless codec using fraps.

After recording, I opened the video in Sony Vegas, and deleted all the useless stuff. I then upscaled it to 1280x720p (My uploads somehow look WORSE outside of fullscreen if I don't upscale them.) I render them at 30fps (Undersampling FTW) with around a 30000kbps bitrate. All in all, this video was 328 megabytes.

Since your video looks great (and has a smaller filesize overall,) do you think what I did is good? Would I be better off sticking to 1280p with the lowest graphic settings and recording at 30fps without the lossless codec? Would it be good to go with less than 30000kbps for the bitrate?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, I have a few questions.

1.) Is it possible to force super sonic in the bosses using cheat engine? I'm not talking about a model swap.

2.) About the lua files in the #Application.ar file. I don't suppose anyone has any success in decompiling thoses, have they? I hear the the Xbox360 version of that file would work. I was wondering if anyone could send me the Xbox360 version of the #application.ar in the bb3.cpk file.

Edited by Azu

Interesting.

For comparison, the video I included in post was recorded at 720x480 (I'd record in 1280p more often, but the game lags too much), 60fps, with a lossless codec using fraps.

After recording, I opened the video in Sony Vegas, and deleted all the useless stuff. I then upscaled it to 1280x720p (My uploads somehow look WORSE outside of fullscreen if I don't upscale them.) I render them at 30fps (Undersampling FTW) with around a 30000kbps bitrate. All in all, this video was 328 megabytes.

Since your video looks great (and has a smaller filesize overall,) do you think what I did is good? Would I be better off sticking to 1280p with the lowest graphic settings and recording at 30fps without the lossless codec? Would it be good to go with less than 30000kbps for the bitrate?

Upscaling instead of recording at 1280x720 does sacrifice the quality a little bit, but it still looks good enough on youtube. I also have a few videos that were upscaled to 1280x720, like my Portal videos. Portal stutters for me when I record at 30fps, so I record at 60fps/800x450 instead, then I upscale to 1280x720, reduce the framerate to 30fps, and, like the Generations videos, I compress it at a 9000kbps bitrate. This is the result:

[media=]

About the bitrate, it doesn't really matter using a high bitrate, since youtube will lower the bitrate during the processing.

To record, I don't use Fraps (haven't used it in years), I use Dxtory (the free version has a huge watermark, so I ended buying a license). I think it's a nicer tool than Fraps, it uses less processor resources, it supports more features, like profiles (being able to have different recording settings for different games), custom resolutions (being able to record the game at any resolution, but the user has to be sure it has the same aspect ratio as the game resolution, otherwise the recorded video might be cropped), custom framerates (the recording framerate is also not synchronized with the game framerate by default, so it's possible to record at 30fps with a game playing at 60fps, if not too many resources are being used).

The hard drive can be a big bottleneck for this tool though, if the hard drive is not fast enough, it won't be able to record properly, and the video will look like it has parts missing/huge framerate drops. To overcome this, Dxtory has a feature to take advantage of multiple hard drives, basically using the raw format it can record to every hard drive simultaneously, and after recording it has a tool that can merge the raw files and convert them to the avi format.

I haven't tried this raw format though, I usually just record using the built-in codec at medium quality with the avi format, but I plan on formatting my PC and using 2 hard drives in RAID, which should allow me to record at high/true quality instead of medium. tongue.png

The resulting files after recording can be huge though, especially in long videos (my larger videos would sometimes end up at over 40GB).

No Automation v2 Update Notes: Speed pads and automated slopes in the Perfect Chaos boss, Shadow rival fight, and the hub are now removed.

It's laughable how much better this makes the game. There's some parts where the automation is needed (after the water slide in Chemical Plant modern, S-Tunnels in Green Hill Classic), but it just makes the game flow so much more. Everything feels a lot more natural. It's a shame the stages weren't designed for it and that spindashing off ramps launches you sky high cause of how over-powered it is. I wonder how it would work in conjunction with one of the 'fixed' Classic Sonic patches.

EDIT: Yeah, can't complete City Escape Modern without boosters. You can get right to the end of the trcuk chase, but can't do the wall running part.

Edited by Blue Blood

Melpontro is starting another project:

[media=]

Guess what it is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: We all pushed down this post so I'll put it up here:

Hello, I have a few questions.

1.) Is it possible to force super sonic in the bosses using cheat engine? I'm not talking about a model swap.

2.) About the lua files in the #Application.ar file. I don't suppose anyone has any success in decompiling thoses, have they? I hear the the Xbox360 version of that file would work. I was wondering if anyone could send me the Xbox360 version of the #application.ar in the bb3.cpk file.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

He's recreating the levels in Shadow the Hedgehog is my guess. He also uploaded this remix of Sky Troops:

• Thumbs Up 3

He's recreating the levels in Shadow the Hedgehog is my guess. He also uploaded this remix of Sky Troops:

[media=]

Oh hello mein remix! What a lovely sound you have...~ <3

[media=]

Guess what it is?

EDIT: We all pushed down this post so I'll put it up here:

Edited by The True BlackHawk

[media=]

Guess what it is?