Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

ok, I think that is enough about my grammer and prose, I will work on it.

ok so on another note, I have done some checking and the other sonic copy is known as silver sonic 2, and after some observation of the references I believe I might be able to make him by adding to, and altering the modern sonic mesh, along with a reskin obviously, as unlike metal sonic, he shares most of sonics facial features, 'cept for a pointier nose( I am thinking of having it as a modern sonic replacement, as apparently he was later reprogrammed into a good guy) (note: he made a physical appearance in sonic adventure, however there was no battle, and all further info is from archie comics)

I may do a silver sonic replacement of classic sonic(he was the boss before the egg bot in sonic 2), though originaly he was bigger than sonic, a resking and minor mesh changes should be suficent

also, I may have a go at having mecha-sonic use a modified metal sonic mesh, and replace him perhaps, though a further application may be interesting in a later mod, but as for now that may just be a replacement attempt.

hope this layout is acceptable

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

ok, I think that is enough about my grammer and prose, I will work on it.

ok so on another note, I have done some checking and the other sonic copy is known as silver sonic 2, and after some observation of the references I believe I might be able to make him by adding to, and altering the modern sonic mesh, along with a reskin obviously, as unlike metal sonic, he shares most of sonics facial features, 'cept for a pointier nose( I am thinking of having it as a modern sonic replacement, as apparently he was later reprogrammed into a good guy) I may do a silver sonic replacement of classic sonic(he was the boss before the egg bot in sonic 2), though originaly he was bigger than sonic, a resking and minor mesh changes should be suficent

also, I may have a go at having mecha-sonic use a modified metal sonic mesh, and replace him perhaps, though a further application may be interesting in a later mod, but as for now that may just be a replacement attempt.

hope this layout is acceptable

Very much so. Thank you.

I'm belgian too. My bank is AXA. Just create a Paypal account, link it to your bank account. Send money from it to your Paypal account and, two days later, ta-daaa! Money on Paypal smile.png That's the way I do it and it works fine smile.png

I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

You don't need to be from Retro to make a stage... : P Especially not with how intuitive and easy to use the tools aim to be so anyone can give it a try.

As I always say, if you want something done properly, you gotta do it yourself. (Or at least take the initiative and see what happens)

I would love if my PC at least run Generations :-P A question: it is possible to do classic levels like Scrap Brain, Ice Cap, Lava Reef? Like, how would you be abble to use textures without stretching it or something? I would love to see something being show off, by the way, what about that Bridge Zone?

And that Sky Troops looks fantastic, seriously.

Edited by Jango

ok, this may be a novice question, but how do you acess the game files so you can get at the models? or can you link me to a good begginers tutorial if there is one?

ok, this may be a novice question, but how do you acess the game files so you can get at the models? or can you link me to a good begginers tutorial if there is one?

Their in the bb files. You just need to extract them.

do you mind my asking with what program is used to extract them? I am not used to working with steam file setups

do you mind my asking with what program is used to extract them? I am not used to working with steam file setups

CPK Viewer, I think, its been awhile.

thank you I managed to find it, hope to have my first silver sonic reskin attempt on classic sonic by tonight, though silver sonic 2 will proably be a tougher nut to crack, so anything else that you can tell me that may be useful or helpful? Any big bugs I should look at for? oh and thanks for all the help

I hope this doesn't cause SEGA and Sonic Team to release a cease and desist against you guys

I use VirtualDub and the DivX Codec for compression, for example this video was around 225MB after being compressed with VirtualDub and the DivX codec, quality preset 8, 9000kbps bitrate, 1280x720 at 30fps (I know, I know, 9000kbps bitrate is way too much for youtube and it just ends up at a lower bitrate after being uploaded).

[media=]

Your video doesn't really have bad quality though.

Oh. I use Fraps, then upload the raw file to Youtube.rolleyes.gif It takes about an hour just to upload a 1 and a half minute video. Only one video wasn't uploaded like that, and it's my Sonic 3 video. (Because stupid Fraps split it up into parts. I messed around in Windows Movie Maker a bit to put it together.)

I hope this doesn't cause SEGA and Sonic Team to release a cease and desist against you guys

They won't. They value this community too much. Besides, they're not making any money on Unleashed.

Edited by Lobotomy

ok, sorry to bother again, but I am wondering, can some one tell me(or link me to a tutorial that will tell me): where are the model, and the texture files, how do you get them out of the AR format(I might have this one figured out), and is the only way to test it ingame to recompress everything?

and yes I have already found this page http://info.sonicretro.org/SCHG:Sonic_Generations and thank you for your paitence with me

Alright, seems I have some 'splainin' to do.

TL;DR I'm not pleased to inform you that I can't re-render Unleashed maps, but I do want to set the record straight. I CAN STILL GENERATE GIA FOR CUSTOM STAGES AND OTHER ENGINE PORTS.

Ah, fuck. Well, the render farm was more for custom stages than anything anyway. Maybe someday I will reexport and modify the SEGA stages to my liking, but for right now I suppose this isn't an option.

Thanks for not completely shutting me down. :v: And yes, it is good that you clarified. I don't want to be swindling anybody.

That is something I'm currently playing with, as you know. If the RAM limit can be increased, this won't be a problem. (And on paper it can, as you showed me, dunno about in-game, but I'm coming up with a test for this, so I'll show you the results when they happen.) As for 4096x textures, of course not all of the GIA can be 4096x, I'm more concerned about the shadowmaps than anything. Those are my primary goal.

I'm not using the GPU, I'm using the CUDA Cores from the card. The CUDA in one 470 outperforms what my CPU alone can do 20 times over. I have tested this, it does work.

Of course I'm not, why the fuck would you use an AMD card when even the lowest end modern nvidia cards can do more. But the nvidia tweaks will be included separately and with the texture pack once I'm done optimizing it.

[media=]

I repeat hmm

Video was already posted here.

TL;DR

I only understood half of the the terms used. What's going on?

EDIT: Someone make a surfing level now. One Platform and nothing but endless water.

Edited by The True BlackHawk

Does anybody know the proper settings for the DDS converter for generations? and does anybody have ideas why my DDS plugin for PSD keeps acting up? and if not does anybody know a good alternitive(also I managed to track down the texture files, did preliminary setup on classic silver sonic)

ok made some fixes, figured out I had accidently assigned the body texture to the eye, fixed it so now he looks MUCH more meancing, may do a bit more texture work, see if I can make him more shiny and silver, though havent messed with the specular yet, but least the eyes look good now, and at least the texture side is easy to work with, modeling will take more time

fixed_first.jpg

[this area is pre-fix] ok so here is my first attempt it didnt go perfectly, there are some issues, I am thinking best way I can observe the effects is if I do it after importing the model in and watching the effects rather than repacking everything, so here is the first pic then (note there were some unexpected effects caused by the specular and other map combined with the shaders) firstattempt.jpg so now to try importing the model, does anyone know if the importer is compatible with max 9?(not 2009 just 9)

So, I think the guy who had the super sonic in the stages used Cheat Engine to force the skills to stay on, when in bosses

Snippet from Sonic.prm.xml.

<Debug>

<Category>

<Damage>

<Param>

<DebugNoDamage>false</DebugNoDamage>

<DebugNoDead>false</DebugNoDead>

<DebugNoDeadDrowning>false</DebugNoDeadDrowning>

<DebugNoDrowningImmediately>false</DebugNoDrowningImmediately>

<DebugNoFallDead>false</DebugNoFallDead>

</Param>

</Damage>

<Skill>

<Param>

<DebugSkillCancelEnabled>true</DebugSkillCancelEnabled>

<DebugSkillSpikeEndless>false</DebugSkillSpikeEndless>

<DebugSkillSuperSonic>true</DebugSkillSuperSonic>

</Param>

</Skill>

</Category>

</Debug>

I noticed this Sonic's setting in the #Sonic.ar file. I believe this will only work if debug mode is enabled. However, for that to happen, you would need to turn it on in one of the lua files in the #Application ar file. They're not compiled in the xbox version, but they are on the PC version.

Edited by Azu

ok so here is an early attempt at silver sonic 2 texture, note however that a majority of the work will be done along side the model modifications(also it will have 2 versions, one like the current all silvery brown, the other version will be the hero version which has a blue head and paritialy blue torso)

earlysilversonic2.jpg eyes are still a major work in progress as is the specular

here is the classic sonic one again

fixed_first.jpg

I am considering doing scourge(also known as anti-sonic) as a joke, though I know you generaly arent for comic stuff, think it may be funny. hopefully more soon, and I still have to get the converter up and running

I only understood half of the the terms used. What's going on?

Basically, I can't generate new Global Illumination data for Unleashed/Generations levels, it would require too much work, but I can make Global Illumination for Custom Stages still, which was my main goal anyway.

Basically, I can't generate new Global Illumination data for Unleashed/Generations levels, it would require too much work, but I can make Global Illumination for Custom Stages still, which was my main goal anyway.

Because the Unleashed and Generations levels are official?

Hey guys, I've been an onlooker for some time now, and this Sonic Generations hacking scene is really impressive! I've been working on a stage of my own, but I can't figure out how to view the path.xml models, or how to generate new ones (for grind rails, Super Sonic etc.). Do you really have to go and manually change all the values in the xml?

Also Lobotomy, does that mean the GIA that was in the first Windmill Isle was just an import of the one in Unleashed (as in you didn't have to generate it)? Sorry for the bombardment of questions tongue.png .

Well, they are importing actually everything now. So I would say yes

I would like to apologize

for my old behavior ..

is that I need someone to help me

this is what happens in my pc

sglvl and working with 3dsmax

generations to import models

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pWF9XV_zFY&feature=youtu.be

I need someone to tell me what is wrong

1) import the dae collada model

2) open and edit 3dsmax

3) exported as ogromax. Mesh

4) to convert. To mesh. Model

5) change the model name for that of sonic_hd.model

and begins to run when you hang up the sonicgenerations.exe

not that bad I need a tutorial ago or something not just for me too I'm not the only one that goes something like

I need a tutorial or something

text translated by google

sorry for the English ...

Edited by eltoto2012