Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

BandicootGraham for sonic '06 I would recomend using modern sonics skeleton. for chip, he is in the trophy files if you need him, and I would recomend choa(cheese's) animations.

also I have been working on some modeling and kitbashing, and modifing, and I am proud to say I should have a base Ray the flying squirrel mesh, and basic textures by this evening, though detailing will take longer, and I still have not decided on which skeleton to use(doesnt matter who he replaces, switching around model and animation files are not an issue)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

ok, well I still have a lot of work to do, but I have most of the basic framework done so figured I would go ahead and give you a look at the start of my mecha-sonic

itsastart.jpg

I currently plan to make everything except the head, which I plan to borrow from modern sonic, as modifing it into that shape is a whole lot easier than making it

also, Ashthedragon, that is simply the first version of silversonic, I am only doing the death egg version.

finally hope my post about my mod idea wasnt to much of a mouth-full, and if I cant make my other plan work out, or maybe along with my other plan, I might have mecha sonic as a rival

Sorry for going off topic, but could you give me a link to the Mecha Sonic pic? That fanart looks amazing.

*cough cough*

*Mecha Sonic Model*

I'm just gonna leave this here...

If its not available for public use then it won't really help much.

ok, well I still have a lot of work to do, but I have most of the basic framework done so figured I would go ahead and give you a look at the start of my mecha-sonic

itsastart.jpg

I currently plan to make everything except the head, which I plan to borrow from modern sonic, as modifing it into that shape is a whole lot easier than making it

also, Ashthedragon, that is simply the first version of silversonic, I am only doing the death egg version.

finally hope my post about my mod idea wasnt to much of a mouth-full, and if I cant make my other plan work out, or maybe along with my other plan, I might have mecha sonic as a rival

Okay one, he should be playable. Oh please oh please make him playable.

Two, I wouldn't use Sonic's head if you reuse a head. Take a close look at his head. It actually looks EXTREMELY similar to Metal Sonic, except with longer spikes, modified eyes, and two more spikes jutting out the middle of the back of it. Think about it, if you remove the two extra spikes on the back, it looks VERY similar to MS.

As such, I recommend you modify Metal Sonic's head, not Modern Sonic's.

I am now actualy considering some revaulation based off the original sprite for my model, making it a tad bit beefier

If done right it could look really great, done wrong it could look bad. I'd definitely back up your current progress because it looks really good. But I have faith you can make it look fine, you're pretty darn good at this.

Oh, and a comment on Bomb... I like Heavy's eyes, but Bomb's look sort of like... well, random squares. If they had a different look to them I think they'd be better, I dunno.

Please continue work on Mecha Sonic, he looks fantastic!

well I was planning on having those squares be screens, and have the eyes in the texture, but I will consider. also main thing left for Ray's mesh is the tail and jacket, so should have something pic worthy soon.

And thanks for the feedback everyone, it is quite helpful and useful, and I will evaulate both heads, though I took a look at metal sonic the earlier today, and I can see how you would see that, but I still need to think about it

also, SS, SS2, mecha-sonic, heavy and bomb are still all in progress, I have just been working on ray, because I am doing him as kitbash so I wont have to do a full texture on him unlike the others, and I still have plans for the others too. I do wish I had a copy of Sonic heroes for the PC, then I would consider doing omega straight from there, but sadly I only have it for GC, but maybe I can track down that model later. I also do have plans for mighty and others, if you take a look at my Knuckle's Chaotix thread, and I took a look at some of your earlier posts, and shade might be a posibility in the future as well

you know what, I might as well ask, does anybody around here have Sonic heroes for the PC, and know how to get the models(and perhaps the animations as well) into max? if so could you possibly contact me, I would love the oppurtunity to get the help, and get at omega, espio, vector, and maybe even knuckles(if we could get the skeleton and animations from that or perhaps adventures, we would at least have the animations for glide and climb even if we need to figure out how to do it in the code)

just checked it, and wow, appaerently he has modeled 3 versions of mecha-sonic, think I might take some of the changes from these new pics, though it means more work for me

More Progress on my Sonic Simulator Robot Mod:

I've fixed some issues with his wristbands and ankle-bands, and re-positioned the orbs on his hands.

The biggest change is that I've completed the 4 alternate color schemes. (Check inside the spoiler to see screenshots)

2012-06-04_00003.jpg

2012-06-04_00008.jpg

2012-06-04_00012.jpg

2012-06-04_00015.jpg

Each recolored Sonic Robot comes with properly colored effects. Yes, even the Spinball Jump effect is properly colored in all 4 of these (AKA I figured out how to alter the normally unchangeable Blue+White aura)

2012-06-04_00005.jpg

2012-06-04_00010.jpg

2012-06-04_00013.jpg

2012-06-04_00016.jpg

Now all I have left to do are some HUD edits (1 per recolor). I plan to release these tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 6

ACK! SONIC DIMENSIONS!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

So what does Super Robo-Sonic look like?

ACK! SONIC DIMENSIONS!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

So what does Super Robo-Sonic look like?

Super Robo-Sonic?

I don't know what you're talking about...

He doesn't look good at all... He looks amazing!

2012-06-04_00022.jpg

I was hoping that nobody would guess that I'd include this...

I literally started working on it right when I saw your post...

Includes the same Robotic parts, similar textures, and the same lack of eyebrow and mouth movements. However, there won't be any recolors (AKA the Super form looks the same no matter which normal form color is being used.)

I still need to work on some HUD edits, and then I'll be finished.

ok so good news!! the base of Ray the flying squirrel is done, I still need to combine, uv and texture the jacket, and I think I will redo the shoes(possibly take amy's boots remove the heel, and recolor them), and I need to work on the tails fluffiness a bit, but he's presentable. now as I stated before, I based the model more off his archie comic appearance, than his '93 segasonic the hedgehog appearance, as this is supposed to be the modern version and it had more character, though I might still bash together a classic version, modern was the priotity.

so This is the first model I have that is completely for Knuckle's Chaotix, there is a chance he might fill the second character slot. however that is yet to be determined, and first I will just rig him to a secondary character skeleton. So here are the pics, and 2 refs, one from his game appearance(no not the cameo poster), and his archie appearance, which I pretty much used as the main ref.

I would do this in a spoiler, but I dont know how, so here you go, if someone tells me how to I will put this in a spoiler later

SSTH: Ray.gif archie: Ray.jpegRay_the_Flying_Squirrel_%28Archie%29.jpg

now for my model:

Ray_the_flying_squirrel_WIP.jpgRay_the_flying_squirrel_WIP4.jpgRay_the_flying_squirrel_WIP3.jpgRay_the_flying_squirrel_WIP2.jpg

in case you are wondering yes he is a kitbash, but I am not telling you who I used

• Thumbs Up 2

Super Robo-Sonic?

I don't know what you're talking about...

He doesn't look good at all... He looks amazing!

2012-06-04_00022.jpg

I was hoping that nobody would guess that I'd include this...

I literally started working on it right when I saw your post...

Includes the same Robotic parts, similar textures, and the same lack of eyebrow and mouth movements. However, there won't be any recolors (AKA the Super form looks the same no matter which normal form color is being used.)

I still need to work on some HUD edits, and then I'll be finished.

I'm serious folks, if you want to see the new and improved Sweet Mountain or Radical Train in Generations with Global Illumination, PREASE DONATE. I don't have the money required for the tools to make this happen ingame, so you'd be doing us both a favor.

I really fucking hate panhandling but this is how it has to be. sonictheplumber@gmail.com is the donate email.

sweetmountain.png

sweetmountain.png

mountainpa.png

39757132.png

These are stills. Like I've said numerous times, I can't bake the GIA into the levels until I get the equipment needed. That's why I'm asking for donations in the first place. Don't demand shit I can't put out, please.

I can give you videos of the levels WITHOUT GIA though, but they won't look nearly as nice.

Edited by Lobotomy

What is your PC setup?

He basically says everything in the desc. of this vid:

Also, I was wondering if the Interceptor (the giant chaser robot) from Unleashed was left over/could be ported somehow?

Also, I was wondering if the Interceptor (the giant chaser robot) from Unleashed was left over/could be ported somehow?

It was not, and probably cannot easily be imported.

What is your PC setup?

The render farm as a whole will consist of multiple computers. My main computer is as follows though:

Intel CORE i7 940 (Overclocked, soon to be even more overclocked, as I am saving up cash for a watercooler. CPU power is essential to rendering GIA.)

16gb DDR3 1600 (Overclocked)

2TB 7200RPM 6.0GB/s SATA 3 Hard Disk Drive

2xGTX 470 in SLI (Overclocked, but not for GIA rendering, as this doesn't affect CUDA.) The CUDA cores from these cards are essential to rendering the GIA quickly.

My next most powerful computer has similar specs, with the exceptions of it being unfinished, having an i7 920, no RAM and no graphics card.

You'd think this would be enough, but SEGA used a REAL render farm with well over a few hundred times more processing power. So it'll take a full 24 hour day and then some to render this GIA properly even with the new card paid for by the donations, which I don't mind since I need exercise anyway :V. I'm trying to play in the World Series with a Teeball bat, so to speak. My guess is that SEGA used a service similar to this, with 1000 Intel XEON CPUs at their disposal. http://www.rebusfarm.com/

Edited by Lobotomy

ok so good news!! the base of Ray the flying squirrel is done, I still need to combine, uv and texture the jacket, and I think I will redo the shoes(possibly take amy's boots remove the heel, and recolor them), and I need to work on the tails fluffiness a bit, but he's presentable. now as I stated before, I based the model more off his archie comic appearance, than his '93 segasonic the hedgehog appearance, as this is supposed to be the modern version and it had more character, though I might still bash together a classic version, modern was the priotity.

so This is the first model I have that is completely for Knuckle's Chaotix, there is a chance he might fill the second character slot. however that is yet to be determined, and first I will just rig him to a secondary character skeleton. So here are the pics, and 2 refs, one from his game appearance(no not the cameo poster), and his archie appearance, which I pretty much used as the main ref.

I would do this in a spoiler, but I dont know how, so here you go, if someone tells me how to I will put this in a spoiler later

SSTH: Ray.gif archie: Ray.jpegRay_the_Flying_Squirrel_%28Archie%29.jpg

now for my model:

Ray_the_flying_squirrel_WIP.jpgRay_the_flying_squirrel_WIP4.jpgRay_the_flying_squirrel_WIP3.jpgRay_the_flying_squirrel_WIP2.jpg

in case you are wondering yes he is a kitbash, but I am not telling you who I used

That's a pretty sweet model, great job! I normally dislike when people use characters or designs from other media in mods, but that recent Archie redesign looks much better than his original SSTH look, and there isn't a "official" modern Ray version from Sega anyway.

There's one thing that really bothers me about that design, though... how is he able to wear that jacket while having those "wings" (look at his original design)? And WHY would he wear one? You would think that it would make him unable to use his "wings"...

Edited by Dere

Dere, my thought in response to that is that by that by that time, some traits are considereds being able to work, witrh or without the visible features(knuckles can glide, but he doesn't have wings/or a membrane) as they are inbred, and I decided the jacket over membrane on modern, because I thought it looked better, also, it might be possible that it works with the membrane, but thats taking it too far. Also a membrane would lead to multiple mesh and rigging problems that I am not up to at this point, if I do a classic version I will include it however. also, for some reason the archie version has never had the membrane, though he does still have the glide ability, as shown in this pic 579px-RayDiscovered01.png

ssthRay.gif

the classic version in the comics(cept for a few individualating features) is extremely close to the SSTH version, cept it lacks the membranes, and it may be possible the tail is partily responsible for modern flight rather than just the membranes, but thats speculation on my part.

plan to do some further tweaking and fixing today, and possibly replace the shoes, and I may have a go at rigging it. may have a go at mighty too, but no promises. also main reason why I would go off the comic pics is because on lesser known characters they can provide a lot more detail

also I almost forgot, I would like to start putting together assets for a reimagined mushroom hill zone(first level of sonic and knuckles), and anybody who would like to help would be appreciated, as I need to put together concept art, possible stage layouts, etc, before I can start making props and assets, and as I am horrible at drawing, I need some other people's help. if you want to throw some ideas on here go ahead, and if someone is interested in helping to actualy make the levels, please contact me by a provate sonic stadium message. I also have plans to do this with techno tower and/or speed slider from Knuckle's Chaotix 32x so any thought and prepwork for that would be appreciated as well, and I am open to level suggestions for my Knuckle's Chaotix mod.

Dere, my thought in response to that is that by that by that time, some traits are considereds being able to work, witrh or without the visible features(knuckles can glide, but he doesn't have wings/or a membrane)

I disagree, if you pay attention at Knuckles' gliding sprites, he extends his dreadlocks and uses them to glide:

knux-big.gif

Look at the sprites that show him gliding toward the screen (they're located in the lower left area), you can see his dreads extended to the sides.

for some reason the archie version has never had the membrane, though he does still have the glide ability, as shown in this pic 579px-RayDiscovered01.png

ssthRay.gif

the classic version in the comics(cept for a few individualating features) is extremely close to the SSTH version, cept it lacks the membranes, and it may be possible the tail is partily responsible for modern flight rather than just the membranes, but thats speculation on my part.

plan to do some further tweaking and fixing today, and possibly replace the shoes, and I may have a go at rigging it. may have a go at mighty too, but no promises. also main reason why I would go off the comic pics is because on lesser known characters they can provide a lot more detail

Oh, so that's why Ray wears a jacket in the comics now; that Ray incarnation never had membranes.

However, considering that Sega's Ray had membranes, I don't think that design fits. A thought (keep in mind it's just a suggestion): Maybe if you removed his jacket and gave him membranes, his design would be more consistent with the games' Ray and would make more sense, and he would look closer to what a modern Ray designed by Sega would look like (especially considering that the male anthropomorphic characters in Sonic don't wear any clothes beyond gloves, socks and shoes). You could still offer a mod using the model with the jacket as an alternate, Archie-style Ray mod. Of course, this come from someone who has never created a model that complex, so I don't know how difficult it would be to add those membranes and make them behave correctly.

also I almost forgot, I would like to start putting together assets for a reimagined mushroom hill zone(first level of sonic and knuckles), and anybody who would like to help would be appreciated, as I need to put together concept art, possible stage layouts, etc, before I can start making props and assets, and as I am horrible at drawing, I need some other people's help.

The 3DS version of Generations features MHZ as one of its levels. Maybe it would be possible to extract the MHZ textures from that version and HD-ify them?

Edited by Dere