Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

no, it wouldnt work that way, this mod is centered around knuckles not sonic, so that doesnt work for this mod, however I imagine someone else will do it eventualy

no, it wouldnt work that way, this mod is centered around knuckles not sonic, so that doesnt work for this mod, however I imagine someone else will do it eventualy

that is a possibility, actualy, the game explorer, you can choose between hidden base and red mountian, just make sure that its a good layout as this is a running, not a treasure hunt gameplay. also I am not replacing sky sancturary, as it is a classic knuckles level, and its a good lead up to the first boss. of course all the conversions are up to you of course thegameexplorer, as you are working on converting them.

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

that is a possibility, actualy, the game explorer, you can choose between hidden base and red mountian, just make sure that its a good layout as this is a running, not a treasure hunt gameplay. also I am not replacing sky sancturary, as it is a classic knuckles level, and its a good lead up to the first boss

You know, at the moment, nobody at all knows how to change gameplay drastically enough to make treasure hunt gameplay, or many of the features you want to see in your mod.

Just saying.

Anyway, that video on SA2 level importing has made me want to try it, maybe. I might sometime. One quick question though, is it possible to turn some of the level geometry into rails, or do you have to add them manually? I was just thinking that there are a LOT of SA2 levels with rails and it would be ultra-convenient if I didn't have to use them from other levels and could instead just change parts of the stage into rails...

that is a possibility, actualy, the game explorer, you can choose between hidden base and red mountian, just make sure that its a good layout as this is a running, not a treasure hunt gameplay. also I am not replacing sky sancturary, as it is a classic knuckles level, and its a good lead up to the first boss. of course all the conversions are up to you of course thegameexplorer, as you are working on converting them.

Also Mando id be more than happy to help you out with anything you need

To change the subject a bit, here's a download for the Sonic Simulator Robot I've been working on.

http://www.mediafire...jfp96p2e1bupppk

I told you guys I'd release it on June 5th!

EDIT: Video is ready!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-r7BfxD36Q

Look at the boost gauge, time/ring numbers, and the 5th screenshot's life icon. Those are what the HUD changes are like. I've even included the Wii Classic Controller buttons in this download.

FYI, these images are shown because I haven't finished uploading the release video yet. And yes, these images are screenshots from the video...

ImiHUD1.png

ImiHUD2.png

ImiHUD3.png

ImiHUD4.png

ImiHUD5.png

ImiHUD6.png

It includes a full model import with no glitches, 4 alternate color schemes (based on the 4 alternate color schemes the robot had in Sonic Colors,) separate HUD edits for all 5 color schemes, and a Super Form.

However, a few spots are still left unchanged. No changes have been made to Classic Sonic. Mission/Boss specific models and HUD elements remain unchanged (So no text/image changes during Shadow's battle, and no Super form robot in the Time Eater battle.)

P.S. - I've thought of even more things to include in this mod. I just have to get better at making stages, and I need to wait until NPC model importing is fully supported in SonicGlvl...

Edited by JoeTE

thats great JoeTE, nice release. also iiazurenovaii what do you know how to do? I would like to actualy form a team for the knuckle' chaotix team, but you need to know people first. also, may have pics of the base meshes for egg fleet map with their textures attached tomorrow hopefully

thats great JoeTE, nice release. also iiazurenovaii what do you know how to do? I would like to actualy form a team for the knuckle' chaotix team, but you need to know people first. also, may have pics of the base meshes for egg fleet map with their textures attached tomorrow hopefully

[media=]

well idk if this will help but this is a classic knuckles model and it could add perfection to your classic knuckles stage mods theres a download in it idk if you will be able to get it to work for generations

Edited by iiazurenovaii

ummm, I actualy dont need classic knuckles, I have decided to simply to have the classic levels have a different gameplay setup, and have you play as a different character entirely, and I think thats a different game entirely

ummm, I actualy dont need classic knuckles, I have decided to simply to have the classic levels have a different gameplay setup, and have you play as a different character entirely, and I think thats a different game entirely

i could find some textures for any Act that you would like

Even though I just released a download for the Sonic Simulator Robot, I've decided to show you all a preview for what I'm including in the next release. I'm surprised that I managed to make this as quickly as I did. Be warned; the following image is shockingly good!

2012-06-05_00002.jpg

It begins...

• Thumbs Up 4

Even though I just released a download for the Sonic Simulator Robot, I've decided to show you all a preview for what I'm including in the next release. I'm surprised that I managed to make this as quickly as I did. Be warned; the following image is shockingly good!

2012-06-05_00002.jpg

It begins...

Oh dear, it appears that ol' Metal Sonic is a little jealous...

Hey JoeTE, the video isn't working at Retro. They have an auto correct capital system and its screwing up the link. think you can reupload it to get rid of that "I" in the url?

Update to sky troops. custom enemy replacements! sweet.

• Thumbs Up 4

[media=]

well idk if this will help but this is a classic knuckles model and it could add perfection to your classic knuckles stage mods theres a download in it idk if you will be able to get it to work for generations

BlitzSonic..? I don't think that'll help here.

ok, so its taking forever, but I almost have all the textures reassigned on the egg fleet capitals(I might make a new one, that was only a pic ingame as well) so currently we have 3 capital ships, the 2 from sonic heroes, and the addition of the egg carrier type from sonic adventure. I was also contemplating trying to do a kart like part(the thing from seaside hill) and replacing the mesh with a mesh of the tornado, then have that as part of it(now not sure which version I will use though, classic, mk2, mk2 mode2, unleashed, but that I will figure out later)

ok could have done another post, but decided to just add it to this here, here's a pic of the assets so far(note there are 3 fighters too, but they are too small to see, and I havent reassigned the textures to 2 of the 3 yet. all 3 caps still need plenty of fixing(quite a few surfaces are fliped), and I was thinking it might be fun to replace the windows on the swordfish ships with the breakable glass from speedway run. of course there will be more than just the ships, but those will be made later eggfleetresourceswip.jpg oh, and these are from model resource and were ported from SA and sonic heroes, actual credits(where they were given) will be in mod credits/contributers list

• Thumbs Up 1

sure the more the merrier, one of the differences between the original and the one I plan is that, first off its an improvement in layout, and that due to the time warping, metal sonic has pulled just most of eggman's ships from the sonic games into the fleet(and of course a version or 2 of the tornado as well, say bandicootG, do you have any versions of the tornado?) Say, do you have any other of eggman's ships(like the ones from shadow the hedgehog perhaps? or the gun ships too? (they would be facing the opposite direction amoung them)

thats great, say out of curioustity have ou had any luck exporting character animations out of '06? cause then we might be able to take it into gens.

also a bit of explanation, the background on the levels is that metal sonic sucked them in so that knuckles and the team would be occupied while he gains his power, and he sucked in the advanced egg fleet to protect the island of newtrogenic heights(the large final custom level(there will still be two more bosses) which is a floating island in the sky(draggon might be replaced by the eggman boss in techno tower, but no promises)

and have you tried at the shadow the hedgehog files?

thats great, say out of curioustity have ou had any luck exporting character animations out of '06? cause then we might be able to take it into gens.

also a bit of explanation, the background on the levels is that metal sonic sucked them in so that knuckles and the team would be occupied while he gains his power, and he sucked in the advanced egg fleet to protect the island of newtrogenic heights(the large final custom level(there will still be two more bosses) which is a floating island in the sky(draggon might be replaced by the eggman boss in techno tower, but no promises)

and have you tried at the shadow the hedgehog files?

the exporter is too meh,it doesnt support anything out of model ripping(including NO bones or animations)

thats too bad, though I already gor a couple of omega models to try(they should be inert position which makes em easy to rig. unlike the trophy which is in an annoying position) and if it had supported animation and skeleton outputs, would have made my job a lot easier, but I'll live.

has there been any attempts(or sucess's) at getting stuff out of shadow the hedgehog? I would kinda like to get at some of eggman's and gun's ships to add diversitty

special thanks. gorila5.

for the wonderful tutorial

and ask people on the forum who can edit models of sonic generations

make a tutorial like this. should know that not only the few, the opposite

all that way for others to create, mods will taste to you all as the friend is doing. Mandobardanjusik.

that is waiting for a tutorial on this as much as I.

I want the support of people

can not edit your custom models-

thankshappy.png

well actualy, I almost have it figured out, as soon I finish rigging my current project, then I just need to figure out the exporter and I am good, and personaly, I think that if you really want to model you should be willing to reach out for help, it help prevents a bunch of spammy min-mods from being made, and this commynity is pretty young too, so you cant get good tuts until the modding tools are completely finished and stabilized or else that tut will be useless later on, but those are my thoughts on it.

also The Game explorer are you willing to do those level conversions for me?

I agree

happy.png

I really liked your model

of your mecha sonic

Edited by eltoto2012

Maybe you guys should take the rest of your convosation to PM? Since you 3 have been chatting back and forth for the past page or so. Just a suggestion though...

DarioFF posted this really cool tidbit over at Retro:

Oh you guys beat me to posting about it publicly, but I had something of that kind in the works as well. ;D I just need to add some normal maps and tweak the materials.

Just want to point out though, you DON'T NEED to replace an existing enemy's model everywhere on the game(like example the spinners there). You can make enemies that are level-dependent by creating a new entry in the EnemyArchiveTree(a new <Node>), and in the DefAppends down there for each stage, you can append your own(for example, <EnemySpinnerFlapper> instead of <EnemySpinner>). If you create your own archives then in bb2.cpk called #EnemySpinnerFlapper.ar.00 and EnemySpinnerFlapper.ar.00, CPKREDIR will hopefully pick up those entries, add them, and you can have flappers on just that stage, but spinners on the rest.

What does it mean? Well to be blunt, you can now create custom enemys if you want a certain enemy in your stage and not just do replacements for enemys altogether.

I think thats just fucking cool. Your an awesome man Dario!

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 7

well I am planning to start a mod thread eventualy, however retro forums would be a better place for that, and I am still waiting for authorization, as I am member pending, though some of this stuff is pretty general

well I am planning to start a mod thread eventualy, however retro forums would be a better place for that, and I am still waiting for authorization, as I am member pending, though some of this stuff is pretty general

Good luck, they're really stingy.