Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

maybe I should hop on the irc and show references........ ok just finished rigging up a model for bandicootg, now to set up the exporter after a little gaming break. and who knows maybe I'll get lucky

ok now to setup this exporter......

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Hey JoeTE, the video isn't working at Retro. They have an auto correct capital system and its screwing up the link. think you can reupload it to get rid of that "I" in the url?

Kind-of a late reply, but I don't intend on re-uploading the video. It wasn't too important anyway (since it's just showing gameplay of the 4 non-doppleganger Planet Wisp Missions and the main act with a different colored robot in each part.) I actually made the post without the video (I added it in 2 hours later.)

Also, continuing from my last spoiler'd preview...

2012-06-06_00001.jpg

It continues...

That was quick, wasn't it?

I used the same eye + core-light colors as the Modern one. Editing texture references in materials is pretty sweet. As is the skin utilities tool in 3DS Max.

Now I gotta work on the recolors once again. And port both Super Sonics into the Time Eater battle... And make the HUD images less biased towards Modern Sonic...

Kind-of a late reply, but I don't intend on re-uploading the video. It wasn't too important anyway (since it's just showing gameplay of the 4 non-doppleganger Planet Wisp Missions and the main act with a different colored robot in each part.) I actually made the post without the video (I added it in 2 hours later.)

Also, continuing from my last spoiler'd preview...

2012-06-06_00001.jpg

It continues...

That was quick, wasn't it?

I used the same eye + core-light colors as the Modern one. Editing texture references in materials is pretty sweet. As is the skin utilities tool in 3DS Max.

Now I gotta work on the recolors once again. And port both Super Sonics into the Time Eater battle... And make the HUD images less biased towards Modern Sonic...

Am I the only one who thinks that looks sexy? It makes me think about Mecha Sonic. Looking awesome! That armor looks like it was designed for super sonic. Reminds me of Mewtwo's armor

On a side related note, could we get that awesome Modern SkyTroops mix from Melpontro? c:

Am I the only one who thinks that looks sexy? It makes me think about Mecha Sonic. Looking awesome! That armor looks like it was designed for super sonic. Reminds me of Mewtwo's armor

On a side related note, could we get that awesome Modern SkyTroops mix from Melpontro? c:

I highly doubt you're the only one who thinks the armor looks good on Super Sonic. I think it looks good on Super Sonic in general (see my avatar =D )

Technically, the picture (and the model in it) is a made-up-by-me Super Form of a made-up-by-me Classic form of the Sonic Simulator Robot from Sonic Colors (wow, that was a mouthful.)

I'm working on it since I already ported the Robot (all 5 colors) over Modern Sonic, and already made a Super Form for it too (again, see my avatar =D ) (If you already knew about all of that, I'm sorry for making any assumptions...)

However, the resemblance to other robotic Sonics and Mewtwo's armor is pretty coincidental. XD

Also, for everyone else keeping track of this mod...

I've finished the recolors for the Classic Robo-Sonic.

2012-06-06_00007.jpg

2012-06-06_00008.jpg

2012-06-06_00010.jpg

2012-06-06_00012.jpg

Once again, all I have to do are a few more HUD fixes. Then I have go make the models work in the final boss, the character biographies, the title screen, and the cutscenes.

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 2

ok so some more development on the Silver sonic 2 textures, fixed the specular and normal maps, and it looks pretty cool, and did a super sonic variant, though I couldnt get to the end with it for some reasons so you just have to go for a running pic for now. still got to do the mesh stuff of course. also still don't have a clue on how to setup sonic glvl, but hopefully figure it out soon. and so here are the pics(and I still don't know how to set up a spoiler box)

2012-06-06_00005.jpg

2012-06-06_00002.jpg

2012-06-06_00003.jpg

ok good news, finaly got sonic Glvl working, now to mess with ogre max exporter. also, havent touched the foot textures yet

Fixed!

:D

Anyway, I don't anyone properly anwser my question about swaping Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic stages. I want to know HOW to do it.

You should be warned that Classic just doesn't work right with modern stages his spindash for starters will not work at all. plus theres a variety of problems that prevents you from finishing a stage. but if you want to just dick around with it I'm sure someone can tell you.

ALTHOUGH with the spindash there may be a possible way but people have been ignoring it:

Spikes work in 3D for some strange reason. if this can be worked with, maybe we can get a working 3D classic spindash.

Edited by goku262002

The Spikes Dust cloud needs to go, it's obscuring my vision when in 3D perspective.

For the past few days I've been learning the ways of SGLvl and how to import custom levels into Generations. Today, I am proud to show you the fruits of my labor.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my latest project, REGGINATOR GENERATIONS.

I plan to replace every stage with this in the future.

Download

/latee3joke

My body is ready.
  • Thumbs Up 3

The Spikes Dust cloud needs to go, it's obscuring my vision when in 3D perspective.

That was just a test, made by somebody else, to see what happens when you force spikes in a 3d perspective.

But if it can be tooled around with, it can be made into the spindash!

I've got some more stuff done with my Sonic Simulator Robo-Sonic mod. (I'm working way too fast.)

I got the models to show up on the following:

1. Title screen

2. The whole 'stomp animation transition from the title to the white space hub'

3. The character Biographies

4. All of the cut-scenes taking place in the White Space Hub.

ImiTitle01.png

2012-06-07_00002.jpg

2012-06-07_00003.jpg

2012-06-07_00004.jpg

Robo-Sonic fist-bump FTW!

• Thumbs Up 1

The glowing neon eyes at the title screen creep me out, its like there staring into my soul...

Maybe the descriptions should be changed since these copys arn't techincally them.

Also, do their mouths move in the cutscenes?

The glowing neon eyes at the title screen creep me out, its like there staring into my soul...

Maybe the descriptions should be changed since these copys arn't techincally them.

Also, do their mouths move in the cutscenes?

1. If those Robo Sonics' neon eyes creep you out, then be thankful that I didn't put the Super Robo-Sonics (and their just-as-soulless red eyes) there. XD

2. Some description changes sound like a good idea! It helps that I know how to alter the text. Since I have to keep the letter/punctuation/break count unchanged, how does this description sound?

First seen in Eggman's

Sonic Simulator, these

robotic duplicates of

Sonic have the same skills

as the Blue Blur himself.

Like a rush of the wind,

they move on, and on,

and on, and on, and on

via avid gamers.

Yes, the second part is a reference to 'His World', specifically the Crush 40 variant. I couldn't help it. XD

3.The mouths don't move in the cutscenes.

Those cutscenes look in evSonic.ar.00 (cutscene/bio exclusive models) for the Modern model, and SonicClassic.ar.00 (As in, the one used during gameplay) for the Classic model. The only way to give Classic Sonic a moving mouth is by making him have one during gameplay...

Then again, since Classic Sonic is mute anyway, I could feasibly keep his mouth non-moving without looking out of place compared to Modern's moving mouth...

1. If those Robo Sonics' neon eyes creep you out, then be thankful that I didn't put the Super Robo-Sonics (and their just-as-soulless red eyes) there. XD

2. Some description changes sound like a good idea! It helps that I know how to alter the text. Since I have to keep the letter/punctuation/break count unchanged, how does this description sound?

First seen in Eggman's

Sonic Simulator, these

robotic duplicates of

Sonic have the same skills

as the Blue Blur himself.

Like a rush of the wind,

they move on, and on,

and on, and on, and on

via avid gamers.

Yes, the second part is a reference to 'His World', specifically the Crush 40 variant. I couldn't help it. XD

3.The mouths don't move in the cutscenes.

Those cutscenes look in evSonic.ar.00 (cutscene/bio exclusive models) for the Modern model, and SonicClassic.ar.00 (As in, the one used during gameplay) for the Classic model. The only way to give Classic Sonic a moving mouth is by making him have one during gameplay...

Then again, since Classic Sonic is mute anyway, I could feasibly keep his mouth non-moving without looking out of place compared to Modern's moving mouth...

Dumbledore dies at the end.

Edited by The True BlackHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dumbledore dies at the end.

That cracked me up. I was actually waiting for my constant spoiler usage to be pointed out like that. XD

Anyways, here's changed text as it appears in-game (no spoilers this time!)

EDIT: Crud. Looks like I should also change the name above the description... And make those LB and RB buttons look like ZL and ZR Classic Controller buttons...

ImiEventM01N.png

ImiEventC01N.png

I changed the text a bit compared to my last post since I had a little extra room.

Lol, I managed to work in another Sonic 06' reference with the 'mach speed' bit. XD

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have a quick question.

I want your Robo-Sonic mod, but I only want the Robo Sonic stuff. The way I'm organizing my mods means I don't want any "bundles", so I can keep each individual mod and use them with any other mod.

So what I need to know is... Which files do I need to move to seperate each mod? I need to know how to move out the Classic Controller HUD changes, the wall-jump fixes, the unlimited skill use, and the Super Sonic ring consumption mods out from the RoboSonic mod, so I can properly seperate them. Thanks in advance.

That cracked me up. I was actually waiting for my constant spoiler usage to be pointed out like that. XD

Anyways, here's changed text as it appears in-game (no spoilers this time!)

EDIT: Crud. Looks like I should also change the name above the description... And make those LB and RB buttons look like ZL and ZR Classic Controller buttons...

ImiEventM01N.png

ImiEventC01N.png

I changed the text a bit compared to my last post since I had a little extra room.

Lol, I managed to work in another Sonic 06' reference with the 'mach speed' bit. XD

YESS!!! "With Robotnik/Classic Eggman's help, Eggman has built a new Sonic Simulator featuring interactive holograms of Sonic's real-life friends and enemies, dubbing it 'Sonic Simulator Generations'."~There's the plot of your hack, JoeTE! Good job BTW.

I have a quick question.

I want your Robo-Sonic mod, but I only want the Robo Sonic stuff. The way I'm organizing my mods means I don't want any "bundles", so I can keep each individual mod and use them with any other mod.

So what I need to know is... Which files do I need to move to seperate each mod? I need to know how to move out the Classic Controller HUD changes, the wall-jump fixes, the unlimited skill use, and the Super Sonic ring consumption mods out from the RoboSonic mod, so I can properly seperate them. Thanks in advance.

I'd wait until I release the next version (with Classic Sonic) before trying to organize the files. It'll still be a bundle (though I might make separate bundles for each color), but I'll organize the files into categorized folders within the mod's main folder (instead of just having a ton of random files in the main mod folder.)

Also, continuing from my last post, I've changed the name tag and fixed the buttons. "Sonic Robot mk.II" was used because I can't change the amount of letters the text uses. Also, these robots technically are a new variant, so to speak.

ImiEventM01N2.png

ImiEventC01N2.png

well I have been trying all morning to try and replace all the shadow textures for my little joke, howeverI still cant find the right place, on the upside I did find the tornado and death egg robot meshes, so I guess this isnt all bad

I might as well just bring this up now. =D

http://youtu.be/dUXkW_uQ79Q

http://www.mediafire...4p1cx8q4nkytoso

This is a pre-release download of my Sonic Simulator Robot's next update.

It features the Classic Sonic variant of the Robot, cutscene/title-screen models, and better text/HUD edits. However, the Super-form robots still don't appear in the Final Boss Battle, and the recolors aren't included in this pre-release.

• Thumbs Up 6